Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
ddobro2 said:
I've personally never heard of someone having a SIN assigned at landing.
Fair enough, I believe it's merely the application that is sometimes given out at the POE (but apparently not all POEs.) I know it can be obtained virtually instantly at a Service Canada Centre, with the correct paperwork (which includes the application.) They print out your new number on a sheet of paper and then send your new card in the mail to follow (at least from my personal experience).

jacobsdennis

Oct 21, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2010
AOR Received.
19-01-2011
File Transfer...
07-03-2011
Interview........
07-12-2011
Passport Req..
07-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
bubba said:
I got my COPR in the mail the other day, so I'm gonna flagpole tomorrow. Can I look for work once I cross with a COPR or do I have to wait for the card in the mail? Also, when do I get a SIN? Thanks!
They will not give you a Social Insurance Number (SIN) at the boarder, but will probably give you a pamplet explaining the SIN program and where to go to apply. When my partner entered this past November, we immediately went first thing next morning to a Service Canada Centre and applied. He received his SIN immediately and within 2 weeks, had the permanent card! Hope this helps!

awor

Nov 4, 2010
Oregon to Alberta
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> LA
App. Filed.......
26 Aug 2011
AOR Received.
15 Dec 2011
File Transfer...
[b]CPC-M to Buffalo:[/b] 03 Nov 2011 [b]Buffalo to LA:[/b] 19 Jan 2012
Med's Done....
11 Apr 2011 [b]Ecas shows received [/b]5 Mar 2012
Passport Req..
7 Mar 2012 [b]Decision Made[/b]: 1 Apr 2012
VISA ISSUED...
29 Mar 2012 [b] CORP Received[/b]: 19 Apr 2012
LANDED..........
Sumas: 25 April 2012 / [b]PR Cards Received[/b]: 4 July 2012
Well I waited a week after hearing from LA that they couldn't locate my medical - emailed them last week asking if I can redo it so we don't delay anymore - it's been a week and no word. Ecas hasn't changed. So much for "forwarding to LA for expediting" - more like "forwarding to LA cause Buffalo lost the medical and they don't want to deal with it".

I may possibly be getting grumpy about all this, I know most of you know the feeling. Bah!

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
computergeek said:
Fair enough, I believe it's merely the application that is sometimes given out at the POE (but apparently not all POEs.) I know it can be obtained virtually instantly at a Service Canada Centre, with the correct paperwork (which includes the application.) They print out your new number on a sheet of paper and then send your new card in the mail to follow (at least from my personal experience).
There is no application to fill out on your part, at least I did not fill out any application. I went to the local Service Canada office the day after I landed, they took my information and input it into their system, I signed off on it, and they printed out my SIN. The only things given to me at landing were two official copies of my COPR. One was for getting my SIN (which Service Canada rejected anyway, they wanted to see the carbon copy that was stapled to my passport) and the other was for my medical insurance (which was accepted by the QC medical insurance). Other than that all I got was a handshake and a "welcome to Canada."

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
awor said:
Well I waited a week after hearing from LA that they couldn't locate my medical - emailed them last week asking if I can redo it so we don't delay anymore - it's been a week and no word. Ecas hasn't changed. So much for "forwarding to LA for expediting" - more like "forwarding to LA cause Buffalo lost the medical and they don't want to deal with it".

I may possibly be getting grumpy about all this, I know most of you know the feeling. Bah!
What a surprise Buffalo lost another form.They sent my app back to me when I first applied saying I was missing a form and it was in the packet when I recieved it back from them.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Okay I tried looking for this online but either I'm missing it or it's not there. How are you supposed to pay the $1040? Cheque? Money Order? I'm going to keep looking in case no one knows haha :)

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
parker24 said:
Okay I tried looking for this online but either I'm missing it or it's not there. How are you supposed to pay the $1040? Cheque? Money Order? I'm going to keep looking in case no one knows haha :)
If I remember correctly when we did it we paid it online and printed the reciept when we paid it.

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900ETOC.asp#pay-fee

Heres a link.

bubba

Jan 12, 2012
York Region said:
HELLO BUBBA:)WHEN DID YOU APPLIED? AND WHAT IS YOUR e-cas says now?
Hey. I applied a year ago I guess, don't really remember exactly when. I'm not sure what e-cas is. Sorry :)

kitchloo

Star Member
Apr 18, 2010
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Buffalo needed a document so we sent it to the address on the letter they sent us - 3000 HSBC Center, Buffalo, NY. We have a tracking number and Canada Post now says, "Item redirected to recipient's new address." New address? Does anyone know what this means?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No idea but I don't blame you for getting nervous. Perhaps you can email Buffalo to get a clarification.
kitchloo said:
Buffalo needed a document so we sent it to the address on the letter they sent us - 3000 HSBC Center, Buffalo, NY. We have a tracking number and Canada Post now says, "Item redirected to recipient's new address." New address? Does anyone know what this means?

belee1985

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
go on www.usps.com and enter the same number there. Whenever the mail gets to the US, you can track the step-by-step timeline on the US website. I sent mine with registered mail from Canada and once it crossed the border I was able to check it on the US website. Look on there to see if it says something different.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All the info's here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp. Personal cheques are not accepted. The two accepted forms of payment are online (preferred by CIC and by far most popular) and via financial institution (i.e. bank/Western Union) IN Canada. For online, they take Visa, MC, and AmEx as credit cards. If you cannot or will not pay online then you must order an original receipt of payment form IMM 5401 by mail in order to do so via the financial institution, thus it's a bit more cumbersome. Additionally, if you cannot or will not pay online and also cannot pay through a Canadian bank, it appears to be very iffy about how it is you CAN pay (I think it involves obtaining an international money order or bank draft, in Canadian funds, made payable to the Receiver General for Canada).
parker24 said:

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Exactly. I think the application form available online is only necessary if you cannot come in, but then those circumstances makes applying more difficult, not less. I actually showed up with a completed form to Service Canada just in case and it went into the garbage at the end, so don't bother (I say to whoever the OP was).
AmericaninQuebec said:
There is no application to fill out on your part, at least I did not fill out any application. I went to the local Service Canada office the day after I landed, they took my information and input it into their system, I signed off on it, and they printed out my SIN. The only things given to me at landing were two official copies of my COPR. One was for getting my SIN (which Service Canada rejected anyway, they wanted to see the carbon copy that was stapled to my passport) and the other was for my medical insurance (which was accepted by the QC medical insurance). Other than that all I got was a handshake and a "welcome to Canada."