Apr 18, 2010
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kiri said:
That sounds like it is at the main postal office for the country you sent it to... which means next step would be delivery to destination building.
I hope so! Yesterday it was "missent" and sent back to the sort facility.

mumbles

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2011
AOR Received.
06-01-2012
File Transfer...
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-05-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-12
LANDED..........
05-05-12
Kiri said:
That sounds like it is at the main postal office for the country you sent it to... which means next step would be delivery to destination building.
Yes...destination would mean where it is going to ....so hang in there...

kitchloo

Star Member
Apr 18, 2010
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mumbles said:
Yes...destination would mean where it is going to ....so hang in there...
It's now saying that the item was successfully delivered. Whew... what was that all about? My nerves are shot. lol

Kiri

Jan 31, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012 App. Return....: 30-8-2012 App. Refiled....: 02-01-2013
Doc's Request.
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
23-01-2013 Mississauga 10-05-2013 Ottawa
File Transfer...
19-02-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2013 (New XRay)
Med's Done....
11-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Decision Made 03-09-2013 without PPR
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-12-2013
kitchloo said:
It's now saying that the item was successfully delivered. Whew... what was that all about? My nerves are shot. lol
*pat pat* It's okay. I think the process makes everyone unnerved.. I've not even sent off the application yet and I'm all sorts of frazzled.

Shirsho

Jan 23, 2012
I was just wondering, if the mailing address is sponsor's address in canada, and the applicant resides in US, how would the PPR work out? Would they mail the request to canadian address? If yes, can the applicant mail the passport from US to VO in US and have the passport returned back to the US address? Its just that we are not allowed to mail the passport overseas/ to other country due to customs issue. Can the applicant include a return envelope with US address to avoid passport being mailed back to canada?

My husband and I were just thinking and figured I should pop the questions here...

Anxiously waiting for some progress on my file...while various questions pop in head

Bargeld

Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
Shirsho said:
I was just wondering, if the mailing address is sponsor's address in canada, and the applicant resides in US, how would the PPR work out? Would they mail the request to canadian address? If yes, can the applicant mail the passport from US to VO in US and have the passport returned back to the US address? Its just that we are not allowed to mail the passport overseas/ to other country due to customs issue. Can the applicant include a return envelope with US address to avoid passport being mailed back to canada?

My husband and I were just thinking and figured I should pop the questions here...

Anxiously waiting for some progress on my file...while various questions pop in head
The very first thing I would do is contact the VO and inform them of a mailing address change if the applicant's mailing address indeed says Canada and is still in the US, just to be on the safe side.

Once that's done, upon getting the PPR and following instructions on where to send if in the USA (they'll give you instructions for 3 circumstances: mailing from/to Canada, mailing from/to the US, or physically going to Buffalo), shouldn't be an issue with them getting it back to the applicant's mailing address in the states.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Read here: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/visas/submit_soumettre.aspx?view=d
Shirsho said:

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Just a quick question, what seems to be the average time for Buffalo? My husband and I found out some frustrating news regarding my ODSP so we're wondering if I need to get another job or not in order to support us until he's a PR. I've been noticing it takes from anywhere from 4 months to a year? Sigh. :'(

bbiery

Star Member
Aug 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2011
Doc's Request.
5-3-2012
AOR Received.
20-12-2011
Med's Request
08-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-09-2011
Passport Req..
26-04-2012/Decision Made 14-05-2012
I just did a track on my medicals because I was curious on what day CIC received them and I made it clear that my application was out land Buffalo, but the shipment says it went to Ottawa. Is that right or a mistake on my medical persons side? I sent the medical forms I received with my initial application.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DMP sends the results to the Regional Medical Office in Ottawa. Ottawa later sends them to Buffalo when Buffalo requests them.
bbiery said:
I just did a track on my medicals because I was curious on what day CIC received them and I made it clear that my application was out land Buffalo, but the shipment says it went to Ottawa. Is that right or a mistake on my medical persons side? I sent the medical forms I received with my initial application.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Historically according to the spreadsheet, 198 days which includes a period of anywhere from a week to two months for first stage approval. According to CIC, 80% of cases in the past 12 months have been finalized (translation: time from receipt at Buffalo to visa issuance, landing is not counted as that's "in your court" so to speak) within 11 months. Yes, there is quite a bit of variation.
parker24 said:
Just a quick question, what seems to be the average time for Buffalo? My husband and I found out some frustrating news regarding my ODSP so we're wondering if I need to get another job or not in order to support us until he's a PR. I've been noticing it takes from anywhere from 4 months to a year? Sigh. :'(

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
ddobro2 said:
Historically according to the spreadsheet, 198 days which includes a period of anywhere from a week to two months for first stage approval. According to CIC, 80% of cases in the past 12 months have been finalized (translation: time from receipt at Buffalo to visa issuance, landing is not counted as that's "in your court" so to speak) within 11 months. Yes, there is quite a bit of variation.
Yes I was looking for the spreadsheet and found it minutes after I posted haha. Thanks, it's annoying that there's so much difference. But what can ya do? Hopefully ours won't be too long. *crosses fingers* I broke my foot last month so I can't work, and my husband obviously can't so it's very frustrating money-wise :(

Shirsho

Jan 23, 2012
ddobro2 said:
Read here: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/visas/submit_soumettre.aspx?view=d
Thanks for the link, but my file is with NYC now. Are the options same for NYC?

Shirsho

Jan 23, 2012
Bargeld said:
The very first thing I would do is contact the VO and inform them of a mailing address change if the applicant's mailing address indeed says Canada and is still in the US, just to be on the safe side.

Once that's done, upon getting the PPR and following instructions on where to send if in the USA (they'll give you instructions for 3 circumstances: mailing from/to Canada, mailing from/to the US, or physically going to Buffalo), shouldn't be an issue with them getting it back to the applicant's mailing address in the states.
Because my application is in process now, I am scared to change anything at this point. Changing address may lead to confusion...
may be its better to go in person and submit passport and then request to mail it back to US address.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yep, the range from high to low is pretty frustrating when you're trying to predict when you'll be done.
parker24 said:
Yes I was looking for the spreadsheet and found it minutes after I posted haha. Thanks, it's annoying that there's so much difference. But what can ya do? Hopefully ours won't be too long. *crosses fingers* I broke my foot last month so I can't work, and my husband obviously can't so it's very frustrating money-wise :(