27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
ddobro2 said:
I think Buffalo was talking about running a name check or doing something else that doesn't necessitate fingerprinting. If they need to get an actual report for you in Canada, they will request that you submit your fingerprints to Canada. At this point, they haven't, correct? You have just given them the FBI cert and I doubt this has to do with your fingerprinting for that. There's been some discussion and differing opinions about this on the forum but I think that a good number of the "expert"-like people on this forum who have been here for awhile and know a lot about the process will claim that police clearances are good to go as long as CIC gets them within 3 months of their issue.....in other words, they won't expire after a year like the medicals will. I tend to see it that way too. So I think there may have been some miscommunication on your or RCMP's part.
What Buffalo told the MP is that there waiting on the background check from the RCMP.So when I talked to the RCMP thats what they told me this morning.He even said if they was just doing a name check it only takes a day or so.So Buffalo is telling the MP anything to keep them off there back is what it sounds like to me.

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
ddobro2 said:
Ah ok, it may have changed from when I was doing step 1 and I clearly remember nobody being able to log in while they were still being processed for it (and some even after it had been forwarded). What does e-cas say, just "application received" in the sponsorship column?
Yes, under both my name (sponsor) and my husbands name it says we have received your application o. January 11.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, perhaps. Did you call them out on it like AmericaninQuebec suggested? I'm surprised RCMP says this because a background check likely differs from a police record.
Calgary-Bound said:
What Buffalo told the MP is that there waiting on the background check from the RCMP.So when I talked to the RCMP thats what they told me this morning.He even said if they was just doing a name check it only takes a day or so.So Buffalo is telling the MP anything to keep them off there back is what it sounds like to me.

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
ddobro2 said:
Yeah, perhaps. Did you call them out on it like AmericaninQuebec suggested? I'm surprised RCMP says this because a background check likely differs from a police record.
We emailed the MP this morning to let them know what I was told so just have to sit and wait.Atleast Im getting good at this waiting game.

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
Well Buffalo told the MP there still waiting on the name check which I was told this morning takes a day when I talked to the RCMP.Buffalo said that they havent started the security check because they have to have the name check back first and that my next BF date is March 30th.So my app will sit for atleast another month before they do anything and then Ill get the samething from Buffalo a bunch of BS.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They've been waiting on it for how many days? Doesn't your MP realize they are being bullsh*tted?
Calgary-Bound said:
Well Buffalo told the MP there still waiting on the name check which I was told this morning takes a day when I talked to the RCMP.Buffalo said that they havent started the security check because they have to have the name check back first and that my next BF date is March 30th.So my app will sit for atleast another month before they do anything and then Ill get the samething from Buffalo a bunch of BS.

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
ddobro2 said:
They've been waiting on it for how many days? Doesn't your MP realize they are being bullsh*tted?
Its been awhile actualy.They also said everything was done except that and now there saying they havent even started the security.Im so sick of there BS.

bloodyguitars

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
OhCanadiana said:
Careful on the fax assumption - requirements vary based on the POE. Check the CBP website and confirm info via their recorded line. You're going to Ontario, but don't say what border crossing you are going through. If you are crossing directly into Ontario, I believe you have 4 options:

- Alexandria Bay (on the way up to Ottawa) - requires you to mail them the original title (export office open M-F 8-4pm)
- Lewiston (near the Niagara Falls) - requires you to e-mail them the VIN number (export office open M-F 8-4pm)
- Ambassador Bridge (Windsor area) - requires you to mail them the original title (no export office per se; any officer can export 24/7)
- Blue Water Bridge (Sarnia) - requires you to fax them copy of title (export office open Mon-Thurs 8am-8pm, Fri 8am-noon)

You can confirm info on each port at http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/contacts/ports/ny/0708.xml - under supplemental info they have detailed instructions on how to export vehicles (they also have the vehicle export phone number listed for each port).
Note - they all require receiving information a minimum of 72 days prior, so if you are mailing it give yourself an extra buffer (there's no harm in sending info in super early)
Thanks you sure saved me some time and trouble. We were planning to enter through the Detroit-Windsor area (i.e. Ambassador Bridge) , but since they require the original title, I think its risky as there is no guarantee that they wont lose the original title! So now we will plan for Blue Water Bridge (Sarnia) (which is north side of Detroit and not too far).

I appreciate the great info! Thanks a lot!

bubba

Jan 12, 2012
I got my COPR in the mail the other day, so I'm gonna flagpole tomorrow. Can I look for work once I cross with a COPR or do I have to wait for the card in the mail? Also, when do I get a SIN? Thanks!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
You can apply for work as soon as you have your SIN. My understanding is that they generally give this to you at the border, although if they don't you can go to a Service Canada office near you and get one instantly as well.

York Region

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
AOR Received.
08-08-2011
Med's Request
extended
Med's Done....
19-04-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2012
LANDED..........
10-05-2012
HELLO BUBBA:)WHEN DID YOU APPLIED? AND WHAT IS YOUR e-cas says now?

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
We're applying tomorrow :D So excited, and so ready to get all this paperwork out! We went over it all today, made sure it all made sense and was true and we discussed several of the forms. We were both confused about the "interview" one. Buffalo wasn't on it, so we had to tick of the next closest, Detroit. Uggh! That's about 10 hours from here, Buffalo being about 5 or 6 hours from us. Sigh. Hopefully we don't get an interview then :eek:

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As soon as you go to Service Canada and get a SIN, you're ready to start work. It takes only a few minutes and you're issued the number on the spot. You don't have to wait for the card although that will come only about 10 days later. In fact it's best just to file that card away in a safe place once it arrives.
bubba said:
I got my COPR in the mail the other day, so I'm gonna flagpole tomorrow. Can I look for work once I cross with a COPR or do I have to wait for the card in the mail? Also, when do I get a SIN? Thanks!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've personally never heard of someone having a SIN assigned at landing.
computergeek said:
You can apply for work as soon as you have your SIN. My understanding is that they generally give this to you at the border, although if they don't you can go to a Service Canada office near you and get one instantly as well.

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
parker24 said:
We're applying tomorrow :D So excited, and so ready to get all this paperwork out!
Yeah!

I remember how good it felt to finally get the application out of our hands...congratulations!

In my opinion the hard part is over, there is no bigger light at the end of the tunnel than when the application is in the mail and your countdown begins!

:D