File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
We're still waiting on the medical. I'm not too impressed with them to be perfectly frank. I'll be calling on Monday to light a fire on their butts! This is the last piece we need before sending it all out so it's really just a pain! We've been waiting anxiously for it so we can just get it out and get it started. My husband is itching to work, but instead is stuck in the house all day (with me, since I broke my foot gah). So, how do y'all keep from going insane? haha.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats
kourts said:
My status changed to in process a week ago, says they started processing feb 16th. My address had been gone for a while and today when i logged in it was back except it's my wifes address where I have been for the last 6 months. I never emailed them to update the address. The only thing I can think of is that i put that as my address when I applied for a visitor extension at the beginning of the month. I know that doesn't go on ecas though. so any thoughts?

prophet3

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buf
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25
AOR Received.
June 29
File Transfer...
July 11
Calgary-Bound said:
Well the way this whole process has been going for me I could see them lieing about it and then doing the Interpol check.Ive gotten the run around eversince I applied so why change now.The officer even requested all my info from when I was a minor because I got introuble but everything was dropped with no charges.I had to get court records from 20yrs ago luckily they still had them in the vault and was nice enough to send them to me.Any idea how long the Interpol check takes?GCMS notes are getting ordered today also.
that is interesting as far as interpol check goes. what are your notes saying so far? Mine said that RCMP has been done last year with no trace , and that is it.

Kiri

Jan 31, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012 App. Return....: 30-8-2012 App. Refiled....: 02-01-2013
Doc's Request.
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
23-01-2013 Mississauga 10-05-2013 Ottawa
File Transfer...
19-02-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2013 (New XRay)
Med's Done....
11-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Decision Made 03-09-2013 without PPR
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-12-2013
Speaking of getting your medical info.... for those who got your medical done in Canada (I'm going to do mine in Hamilton).. how long did it take you to get the information together to send? I'm trying to decide when I should schedule my medical to have everything together in time to mail off on May 14, 2012. I do NOT want to wait another day beyond the common law mark.. too anxious. I'm going to the police department Monday to get my fingerprints to mail off for FBI clearance. CIC says it takes a longer time than the FBI site says. FBI site says it could be 8 weeks.. I think CIC was saying 12 or 16.. can't remember. If it's 8, it'll come in just shortly before May 14. Anyways, any med info would be greatly appreciated.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should take care of the police certificates first. There's really nothing to "get together" as far as the medical is concerned. If you have every other aspect of the application complete, you need simply to add the original signed-by-the-DMP copy 2 of the IMM1017 form before you close the envelope. That's it. I think I waited a day because I went back when I noticed they hadn't stamped my photo in the correct corner which in hindsight Buffalo probably wouldn't have cared less about. Of course I would suggest making a copy of the green form for your records, but basically it's ready to mail off immediately after your finish the appointment.
Kiri said:
Speaking of getting your medical info.... for those who got your medical done in Canada (I'm going to do mine in Hamilton).. how long did it take you to get the information together to send? I'm trying to decide when I should schedule my medical to have everything together in time to mail off on May 14, 2012. I do NOT want to wait another day beyond the common law mark.. too anxious. I'm going to the police department Monday to get my fingerprints to mail off for FBI clearance. CIC says it takes a longer time than the FBI site says. FBI site says it could be 8 weeks.. I think CIC was saying 12 or 16.. can't remember. If it's 8, it'll come in just shortly before May 14. Anyways, any med info would be greatly appreciated.

Kiri

Jan 31, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
19-02-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2013 (New XRay)
Med's Done....
11-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-12-2013
ddobro2 said:
You should take care of the police certificates first. There's really nothing to "get together" as far as the medical is concerned. If you have every other aspect of the application complete, you need simply to add the original signed-by-the-DMP copy 2 of the IMM1017 form before you close the envelope. That's it. I think I waited a day because I went back when I noticed they hadn't stamped my photo in the correct corner which in hindsight Buffalo probably wouldn't have cared less about. Of course I would suggest making a copy of the green form for your records, but basically it's ready to mail off immediately after your finish the appointment.
Great! Thanks for the info :) I'll send off for the certificate Monday after I get my fingerprinting. What's the earliest and latest I can setup the medical? Or does it matter? I was planning to do it in April.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You're welcome. The timing is up to you and when you want to mail off your application. The scheduling for the medical depends on what the DMPs in your area have available and will vary by doctor's office. Some will have you wait for weeks, others can take you immediately, so you need to call to get an idea of when they can schedule you in. By the way, you also want to have your application at CPC-M no more than 3 months from the date written on your police clearance/s, as they will expire if they are older than that when CIC gets them and you will (probably) be asked for another copy when the file gets to the VO.
Kiri said:
Great! Thanks for the info :) I'll send off for the certificate Monday after I get my fingerprinting. What's the earliest and latest I can setup the medical? Or does it matter? I was planning to do it in April.

Kiri

Jan 31, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
19-02-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2013 (New XRay)
Med's Done....
11-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-12-2013
ddobro2 said:
You're welcome. The timing is up to you and when you want to mail off your application. The scheduling for the medical depends on what the DMPs in your area have available and will vary by doctor's office. Some will have you wait for weeks, others can take you immediately, so you need to call to get an idea of when they can schedule you in. By the way, you also want to have your application at CPC-M no more than 3 months from the date written on your police clearance/s, as they will expire if they are older than that when CIC gets them and you will (probably) be asked for another copy when the file gets to the VO.
Oh, okay. Thanks :)

mumbles

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2011
AOR Received.
06-01-2012
File Transfer...
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-05-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-12
LANDED..........
05-05-12
parker24 said:
We're still waiting on the medical. I'm not too impressed with them to be perfectly frank. I'll be calling on Monday to light a fire on their butts! This is the last piece we need before sending it all out so it's really just a pain! We've been waiting anxiously for it so we can just get it out and get it started. My husband is itching to work, but instead is stuck in the house all day (with me, since I broke my foot gah). So, how do y'all keep from going insane? haha.
i am confused....did you get the medical done already? if you did get it done already...didn't they just give you a copy of your receipt and carbon copy with your photo on it to send with your application? and then the dr will send the results to CIC??? What exactly are you waiting for...

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
Kiri said:
I had my medical exam done in Montreal 3 mths before I was able to send my application in, because I hadn't realized how long an FBI check would take. I had my fingerprints done the same week as my medical exam. I got PPR after my meds had expired, and thankfully they never requested a new medical exam.

mumbles

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2011
AOR Received.
06-01-2012
File Transfer...
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-05-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-12
LANDED..........
05-05-12
AmericaninQuebec said:
I had my medical exam done in Montreal 3 mths before I was able to send my application in, because I hadn't realized how long an FBI check would take. I had my fingerprints done the same week as my medical exam. I got PPR after my meds had expired, and thankfully they never requested a new medical exam.
the sites do say it takes a long time.....but...my husbands came back within two weeks.....it was fast....he lives in MN....just for reference...he felt like it was more difficult to get the finger prints than info from FBI.

veronica.law

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo>>>Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2011
Doc's Request.
08-03-2012 HK Police Check
AOR Received.
05-01-2011
File Transfer...
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
01-08-2011>>> Detroit
hello guys, I have a question but don't know if any of you would know.

I am applying under common-law sponsorship after the PR has been approved if I decided to go back to school can I apply for OSAP?

or I can't apply for any benefits during few years?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Somehow I missed (or maybe you modified the message later) the fact that you say you plan to file the application in May. Obviously, the timing is up to you but I recommend sending the application as soon after you complete the medical as possible. As for the police clearance, giving FBI a generous two months' allowance to get that processed (I know you're doing the request right about now) would give you great timing for your planned mid-May filing, but I just wanted to put it out there that fingerprints often but not always go the way you plan - for me, my first set of fingerprints were deemed illegible so it was a matter of wasting another month or so plus a week of using creams to get my fingers up to bar (as prescribed by the second fingerprinting place I went to).
Kiri said:
Oh, okay. Thanks :)

Kiri

Jan 31, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
19-02-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2013 (New XRay)
Med's Done....
11-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-12-2013
ddobro2 said:
Somehow I missed (or maybe you modified the message later) the fact that you say you plan to file the application in May. Obviously, the timing is up to you but I recommend sending the application as soon after you complete the medical as possible. As for the police clearance, giving FBI a generous two months' allowance to get that processed (I know you're doing the request right about now) would give you great timing for your planned mid-May filing, but I just wanted to put it out there that fingerprints often but not always go the way you plan - for me, my first set of fingerprints were deemed illegible so it was a matter of wasting another month or so plus a week of using creams to get my fingers up to bar (as prescribed by the second fingerprinting place I went to).
The reason I'm doing it mid-May is because we won't actually qualify for the year common law (shared residence, etc) until May 14, 2012. So if the timing is good on that, I HOPE the fingerprints turn out okay.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
veronica.law said:
hello guys, I have a question but don't know if any of you would know.

I am applying under common-law sponsorship after the PR has been approved if I decided to go back to school can I apply for OSAP?

or I can't apply for any benefits during few years?
I was curious about this as well as my husband would like to go to college sometime. Here's what I got from the OSAP website:

In order to get aid from a particular program you must be considered eligible for that program. That means that you must meet certain conditions of the aid program such as citizenship, residency, program course load, and length. A complete list of the eligibility conditions for each program can be found through the A-Z List of Programs.

https://osap.gov.on.ca/OSAPPortal/en/OSAPBasics/HowItWorks/index.htm#P9_247