08-03-2012 HK Police Check
AOR Received.
05-01-2011
File Transfer...
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
01-08-2011>>> Detroit
Rouge said:
:-[ I feel down... It has been 6 months since I sent the application and I have not heard anything from Buffalo since my AOR almost 2 months ago. Even E-CAS still shows "application received" and hasn't changed since Nov. Guess I can't do much but wait.... :mad: sorry i'm just venting
same here haha

mumbles

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2011
AOR Received.
06-01-2012
File Transfer...
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-05-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-12
LANDED..........
05-05-12
Rouge said:
:-[ I feel down... It has been 6 months since I sent the application and I have not heard anything from Buffalo since my AOR almost 2 months ago. Even E-CAS still shows "application received" and hasn't changed since Nov. Guess I can't do much but wait.... :mad: sorry i'm just venting
Have you thought about ordering GCMS notes? might help you know whats going on....It looks like you received your AOR at the same time as I did...so possibly you just a VO that isn't taking the time to update the E-CAS...I've heard plenty of people say that they have received PPR and still E-CAS says "application received"

I hope you hear something soon....is your application "routine"?

BIGHUGS!!

bloodyguitars

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
Rouge said:
Sometimes they dont update status that frequently. I have seen people here getting PPR request directly after transfer to Buffalo without AOR in between!.

I would contact them using a Case Specific Enquiry and as mumbles suggested also order GMCS notesjust to make sure there are not any concerns regarding your file.

Are you an inland or outland applicant?

Dont worry, I am sure you will hear something soon. :)

Rouge

Star Member
Sep 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo ---> NY Visa office 29/2/2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
NY Visa office 29/2/2012
Passport Req..
19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2012
Thanks! Yeah I was considering it.
I think the applcation was "routine" except that in 2002 I was detain by police for accidently kicking an apartment building door (dumb story). The apartment management and I settled out of court and on my FBI sheet it stated "nolle prosequi". I spoke to several lawyers and they said that incident should not a big deal for immigration But who knows for sure.

Rouge

Star Member
Sep 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
NY Visa office 29/2/2012
Passport Req..
19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2012
bloodyguitars said:
Sometimes they dont update status that frequently. I have seen people here getting PPR request directly after transfer to Buffalo without AOR in between!.

I would contact them using a Case Specific Enquiry and as mumbles suggested also order GMCS notesjust to make sure there are not any concerns regarding your file.

Are you an inland or outland applicant?

Dont worry, I am sure you will hear something soon. :)
I am outland (back and fourth between USA and Montreal). On AOR it said not to bother Buffalo (not exact word) unless I changed something or it has been pass 11 months. I don't want them to put my file to collect dust cause I emailed to check on it.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Right, they do say that in a way, but that does not stop us from sending them emails. Anyway, with GCMS notes you're not bothering them in any sense - the Access to Info & Privacy Act office of CIC in Ottawa takes care of getting the info and they do so using what they can already see through the computer system.
Rouge said:
I am outland (back and fourth between USA and Montreal). On AOR it said not to bother Buffalo (not exact word) unless I changed something or it has been pass 11 months. I don't want them to put my file to collect dust cause I emailed to check on it.

Rouge

Star Member
Sep 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
NY Visa office 29/2/2012
Passport Req..
19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2012
ddobro2 said:
Right, they do say that in a way, but that does not stop us from sending them emails. Anyway, with GCMS notes you're not bothering them in any sense - the Access to Info & Privacy Act office of CIC in Ottawa takes care of getting the info and they do so using what they can already see through the computer system.
Yeah I will order those notes. Thanks ddobro2, always helpful!

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
Rouge said:
Dont let this get to you just hang in there and hopefully something will happen soon.If you let it get to you this early than its going to be a tough ride.

Rouge

Star Member
Sep 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
NY Visa office 29/2/2012
Passport Req..
19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2012
Calgary-Bound said:
Dont let this get to you just hang in there and hopefully something will happen soon.If you let it get to you this early than its going to be a tough ride.
I usually don't let it get to me but when your significant other is far away and it's rainy and cloudy outside depression kicks in! I know it's a long process, I just wish Buffalo would email me some news about my file more often.

mumbles

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2011
AOR Received.
06-01-2012
File Transfer...
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-05-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-12
LANDED..........
05-05-12
Rouge said:
I usually don't let it get to me but when your significant other is far away and it's rainy and cloudy outside depression kicks in! I know it's a long process, I just wish Buffalo would email me some news about my file more often.
If I were you....I would follow Calgary-bounds timeline....he/she has a similar situation if i am not mistaken...I think that when you have anything at all on your FBI check that it takes considerably longer....at least thats my opinion of what i've read on here.....sorry to say you might need to wait longer....things that are no big deal in the US may be a big deal to the Canadian govt.....and vice-versa ya know? I will send positive thoughts your way..... try and have a good weekend ;D ;D

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree. Rouge, if you sent it in late August you really are well within the timeline so far.
Calgary-Bound said:

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
computergeek said:
One other note on obtaining a driver's licence in Canada: get your driving record from your US state BEFORE you try.

In British Columbia, they required evidence that I'd had my US license for at least two years - but I'd renewed it within the past two years, so it wasn't obvious from the license itself. My license was issued by New Hampshire and THEY wouldn't issue a letter to ICBC (the licencing agency in BC) when it was requested. To get a letter stating that I'd had a NH license since 1995 I had to go IN PERSON to the state capitol and apply for it (I recall it was $15 to obtain.)

With that letter and my existing US license, getting my BC licence was a breeze. In fact, I just renewed my BC licence - good for five years this time around (two years the first time). And they required evidence of status (in my case a work permit still) to renew it.
That's annoying. I had my license renewed in May 2010, but Quebec took my word for it that I'd had a license for the past 11 yrs. They didn't require any proof, and gave me a full license. It was one of the easier parts of this process.

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
astegenga said:
and on the car export process:
If you have the documents ahead of time, you do not leave your car in the US for 3 days but do double, triple, quadruple check this with the US border patrol!
I think it's really important, as you said, to double, triple and quadruple check this. It seems that each POE that does exports has a slightly different set of guidelines. Even within them you may get a different story. I know I called twice before going and one time was told the car had to be in the U.S the entire 72 hr waiting period, then the second time I was told it didn't matter. When I got to the border (same POE) they went back to the requirement that the car had to be in the U.S. the full 72 hr wait period. I got lucky that they wanted to waive the wait period (I didn't ask for it, just explained that I'd have to come back a different time to start then since I had no way to get home if I left my car in the U.S. The officer I was speaking with decided to speak with his supervisor and got the 72 hr period cleared since the exportation was for personal use), but I don't think that's general practice. It's worth calling ahead and making sure you don't show up at the border expecting to cross the same day with your car.

kourts

Nov 11, 2010
My status changed to in process a week ago, says they started processing feb 16th. My address had been gone for a while and today when i logged in it was back except it's my wifes address where I have been for the last 6 months. I never emailed them to update the address. The only thing I can think of is that i put that as my address when I applied for a visitor extension at the beginning of the month. I know that doesn't go on ecas though. so any thoughts?