+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
May 6, 2011 ( CSE EMAIL )
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2011 ( Received May 28 )
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
It is not only china eastern...but all flights will show you ranging from 1500-2500$ one way after Aug 2st week...prices will climb 50$each day starting in Mid July.
Due to students travelling all tickets will be blocked earlier and they make huge profits....when demand is 5 times higher than the seats available this is what happens each year.
Last year around Aug 30th..one way Jet was 1500$ and Emirates was $2350 !
Prices will drop after 2nd week of September when colleges reopen.

cdngrl

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011
AOR Received.
16-03-2011
File Transfer...
16-03-2011 File Received 28-03-2011
Med's Done....
06-02-2011
Passport Req..
07-04-2011 Recd on 02-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
19-05-2011 Recd on 03-06-2011
LANDED..........
24-06-2011
jasvarun said:
But what My problem is .......before that lemme first tell you my situation!!

I am saying bye bye Australia on 17 June (not plannin to come bk)........My wife will be comin to India on 13 July.... and she ll be stayin till 27 Aug... Now she has booked her tickets through China Eastern...

Now my problem is I gotta give first pref to china eastern to travel together(hopin to get visa before she leaves)...

And All websites are showing China eastern for 27 aug for about $1300 approx one way!!

Have you tried calling an agent? the prices are usually the same as the web.. but try your luck, you may be surprised

DNT2003

Jan 24, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI <br>Type of App....: SPOUSAL-WIFE<br>YEAR IS..........:[b] 2011[/b]<br>Applicant City..: Surat, Gujarat<br>Med's Done.....: 17-FEB[br]0 Day
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-FEB [br]6 Days<br>Rcvd. by CPC-M.: 24-FEB [br]7 Days[br]Decision Made.: 23-MAR [br]35 Days
File Transfer...
23-MAR [br]35 Days[br]AOR Received.: 31-MAR[br]43 Days[br]ND Received File.: 05-APR [br]48 Days[br]CSE#1 Sent to ND.: 18-MAY[br]90 Days[br]CSE#1 Reply Received.: NONE[br]CSE#2 Sent to ND.: 11-JUN[br]CSE#2 Reply Received.: NONE[br]eCAS In Process..: 16-JUN[br]119 Days
Passport Req..
[br]28-JUN[br]132 Days[br]Passport Sent..: 02-JUL[br][color=blue]PassportRX-ND..: 04-JUL[/color]
VISA ISSUED...
[glow=RED,2,300]145+ Days & counting... since Med's[/glow][br]
LANDED..........
Not Yet, but <br>Expected Date.: inshallah very soon!!!
Ouch... Aug end is really killer.. because thats still consider HIGH SEASON... many families return from vacations.. and what not.. so the prices are very hot until like Sep 12 or so.... and you know Airlines gotta make that buck! they will bump up the prices.. but very happy that your wife will be with you for the duration :) I hope things work out.. and what prices are you getting for other airlines?

if its just by 200-400$ (my preference) I'd not mind paying that extra if I can find a seat beside my wife rather than some STRANGER :)

Remember July is when the HIGH SEASON starts and it really starts to die from labour day... on until by Sep 12-18.

Only if she has not booked the tickets then you'd have been way better off buying ONE way for her as well.. then just 2 one way for return together.

I was cheking this option the other day and actually 1 TWO way + 1 one way was more expensive.. than 1 one way for me to go + 2 return

You really have to play with the options until you are satisfied...

DNT2003

jasvarun said:
But what My problem is .......before that lemme first tell you my situation!!

I am saying bye bye Australia on 17 June (not plannin to come bk)........My wife will be comin to India on 13 July.... and she ll be stayin till 27 Aug... Now she has booked her tickets through China Eastern...

Now my problem is I gotta give first pref to china eastern to travel together(hopin to get visa before she leaves)...

And All websites are showing China eastern for 27 aug for about $1300 approx one way!!

jasvarun

Apr 2, 2011
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney,Australia to New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued SEP 2011
LANDED..........
Oct-2011
fprince said:
It is not only china eastern...but all flights will show you ranging from 1500-2500$ one way after Aug 2st week...prices will climb 50$each day starting in Mid July.
Due to students travelling all tickets will be blocked earlier and they make huge profits....when demand is 5 times higher than the seats available this is what happens each year.
Last year around Aug 30th..one way Jet was 1500$ and Emirates was $2350 !
Prices will drop after 2nd week of September when colleges reopen.
That is some good peace of info.. Thank you!!

Horse of my imagination is running now!! :D Thinkin to go on a bicycle!! lol

jasvarun

Apr 2, 2011
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued SEP 2011
LANDED..........
Oct-2011
cdngrl said:
Have you tried calling an agent? the prices are usually the same as the web.. but try your luck, you may be surprised
Nah I havent yet!! No point calling them until i get visa in hand :D

cdngrl

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011
AOR Received.
16-03-2011
File Transfer...
16-03-2011 File Received 28-03-2011
Med's Done....
06-02-2011
Passport Req..
07-04-2011 Recd on 02-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
19-05-2011 Recd on 03-06-2011
LANDED..........
24-06-2011
DNT 2003- It's not even the price of the tickets that stop most of us.. its the part of getting the vacation and then making sure it was worth the time off plus the ticket price. I'm sure things are going to work for you to bring your wife.

jasvarun

Apr 2, 2011
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued SEP 2011
LANDED..........
Oct-2011
DNT2003 said:
Ouch... Aug end is really killer.. because thats still consider HIGH SEASON... many families return from vacations.. and what not.. so the prices are very hot until like Sep 12 or so.... and you know Airlines gotta make that buck! they will bump up the prices.. but very happy that your wife will be with you for the duration :) I hope things work out.. and what prices are you getting for other airlines?

if its just by 200-400$ (my preference) I'd not mind paying that extra if I can find a seat beside my wife rather than some STRANGER :)

Remember July is when the HIGH SEASON starts and it really starts to die from labour day... on until by Sep 12-18.

Only if she has not booked the tickets then you'd have been way better off buying ONE way for her as well.. then just 2 one way for return together.

I was cheking this option the other day and actually 1 TWO way + 1 one way was more expensive.. than 1 one way for me to go + 2 return

You really have to play with the options until you are satisfied...

DNT2003
She has already booked her tickets!! I am the one who gotta wait until ND places that sticker on my passport......

I hv heard you guyz were talking about cheap tickets through US... which airlines??? I think I can travel through there as well i hv got 10 yr multiple for US

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
May 6, 2011 ( CSE EMAIL )
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2011 ( Received May 28 )
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
The real issue with $ is for ppl who get their decision made in the month of late July and early Aug...what do you do spend more or delay it by a few weeks? depends....
By that time all flights will be full and you won't have a choice of airline but to get a flight which goes to Toronto.
The travel agent will ask you to fly through the whole world to get to Toronto...you have no choice unless you are willing to pay more at that time...
And...some airlines don't fly everyday to Toronto which is why emirates will sky rocket.
So you are looking at paying premium ...1800$ to 2300$ if you buy during that time and try to land before Sept 15....
If you can wait for another 15 days to land , you can save close to $1000 on the ticket and buy your wife some jewelry or take her on a great 2nd honeymoon when she lands.
Really a hard choice to make......

jasvarun

Apr 2, 2011
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued SEP 2011
LANDED..........
Oct-2011
fprince said:
The real issue with $ is for ppl who get their decision made in the month of late July and early Aug...what do you do spend more or delay it by a few weeks? depends....
By that time all flights will be full and you won't have a choice of airline but to get a flight which goes to Toronto.
The travel agent will ask you to fly through the whole world to get to Toronto...you have no choice unless you are willing to pay more at that time...
And...some airlines don't fly everyday to Toronto which is why emirates will sky rocket.
So you are looking at paying premium ...1800$ to 2300$ if you buy during that time and try to land before Sept 15....
If you can wait for another 15 days to land , you can save close to $1000 on the ticket and buy your wife some jewelry or take her on a great 2nd honeymoon when she lands.
Really a hard choice to make......
If I get my visa before 27Aug.... I am definitely flying wid my wife if I get ticket in same airlines (I am not gonna worry abt dollars)....but if I dont get in same airlines.... Then I m gonna consider to wait for prices to lower down.....still depends on situation that moment!

jasvarun

Apr 2, 2011
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued SEP 2011
LANDED..........
Oct-2011
Alryte guyz I am off to sleep... Have fun and Good luck to all!!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Hello Guys, please solve my one concern:

I sent my passport through DHL on 20th may to embassy and it got delivered on 21st may 2011( got confirmation sms and checked online status tracking)

The physical address of CHC is

Canadian High Commission
Immigration Section
7/8 Shantipath
Chanakyapuri
New Delhi

I sent the passport on the following mailing address of CHC:

Canadian High Commission
Immigration Section
P.O. Box 5209
New Delhi
110021, India

However, on the receipt of DHL it is showing the address i.e. physical office address.
I am concerned whether delivery of passport to physical office is okay or it should have been delivered to mailing address only.
I just want to make sure that the passport is delivered to CHC. How can I make sure? Please help!!

FebPR

Star Member
Mar 23, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2011
AOR Received.
31-03-2011
File Transfer...
23-03-2011
Med's Done....
13-01-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-06-2011
Don't worry. Your passport has reached the appropriate destination. DHL can't deliver to PO Box, but they deliver thousand of letters to the physical address you mentioned. Both are same location, the difference is the PO Box.

Relax. Your passport has reached the correct destination.

thecoolguysam said:
Hello Guys, please solve my one concern:

I sent my passport through DHL on 20th may to embassy and it got delivered on 21st may 2011( got confirmation sms and checked online status tracking)

The physical address of CHC is

Canadian High Commission
Immigration Section
7/8 Shantipath
Chanakyapuri
New Delhi

I sent the passport on the following mailing address of CHC:

Canadian High Commission
Immigration Section
P.O. Box 5209
New Delhi
110021, India

However, on the receipt of DHL it is showing the address i.e. physical office address.
I am concerned whether delivery of passport to physical office is okay or it should have been delivered to mailing address only.
I just want to make sure that the passport is delivered to CHC. How can I make sure? Please help!!

gagansingh

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2011
fprince said:
Spoke to 2 of my best friends whose wives landed recently.
In both cases @ Pearson they were treated very nice and taken aside...asked to produce the marriage certificate.
For one, they had asked more questions abt the sponsor..job,address, salary, etc. For another they did not ask these additional questions, she was pregnant when she landed.

Both of them only carried jewels, clothes, utensils and no B4 or any other form was needed beforehand.
They both told me it was smooth and very treated very nicely and the IO explained a lot abt Canada, health care etc and where to get help.

Just an FYI about this experience.

thanks for sharing :)

gagansingh

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2011
fprince said:
DNT my friend, you are not alone..most of ppl who fly from eastern europe/ china etc do not speak english.
Let me explain how easy it is regardless..since you are in Toronto and she will land @ Pearson ( i can only talk abt Pearson due to Toronto being multicultural )
They have IO's handy who can speak tamil, hindhi, chinese etc..the most commonly spoken languages hence no issues with Immigration.

Last week my friends mother in law came to toronto for her daughters delivery...no english..and no issues at Pearson...questions were asked in Tamil and she replied.
Remember this is not only for landing ppl, it is the same issue for all Visitors...and Toronto has made it hassle free for visitors who don speak English.

Hence, due to the diversity of Toronto they always have interpreters for most common spoken languages in Toronto.
Trust me landing is a piece of cake...
Agree?

i agree...

gagansingh

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2011
fprince said:
All she needs to do is take a hand written note in English from you which says...my wife is learning English and is a beginner, for now she is comfortable understanding and someone who speaks hindi needs to assist her understand....ohh trust me they even do this in COURT !
Boom, you will most probly see one more person in pearson who will be assisting her with the process.
And if you put her on Jet/IA where every airhostess can speak Hindhi, the flight becomes seamless as well so does the transfer...and on landing in TO they will guide her to immigration and they do help.
Even in the baggage counter @ Pearson there is always a JET guy/girl who greet passengers in Hindhi first LOL...and i always tell them " i not the speak the hindhi"

lol....but i agree with you that Toronto is a land where the culture is diverse....and therefore you will find people who speak different languages at every other step....even a person who is not fluent in english is able to make it through the immigration....