ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
I am reading the instructions of the AINP application and I do not see the birth certificate in the supporting documents. It talks about passports for you and your accompanying family members but anything about birth certificates...
Could you please point me out where you read it?

Thank you!

olusolalekan said:
The instruction ask for birth certificates of children. I added them in my PnP application

ingegarcia said:
Me neither... the document was not in the instructions... at least in the ones they mailed me :)

Tapak said:
I didn't submit my birth cerificate to AINP as I didn't see any mention about submitting the birth certificate for AINP.

Please confirm whether copy of birth certificate is necessary for AINP or not?

chinadoll

Oct 9, 2008
Hi ,

I'm a new member, I have a bachelors degree from a colllege in the US and have been working in the US on a H1B visa for the past 4 years. I was unable to find a job related to my field of study, as a result I have been a district restaraunt manager in the US, managing 3 restaurants.
I'm hoping to apply for the PNP program and was wondering if anyone applied as a restaraunt manager or food service supervisor. I did check the job category and the NOC CODE and it's listed as a job "Under pressure".

I was wondering if anyone has applied under this catrgory and have received an invitation letter from the Alberta Government??
Please reply...thanks

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chinadoll said:
Hi ,

I'm a new member, I have a bachelors degree from a colllege in the US and have been working in the US on a H1B visa for the past 4 years. I was unable to find a job related to my field of study, as a result I have been a district restaraunt manager in the US, managing 3 restaurants.
I'm hoping to apply for the PNP program and was wondering if anyone applied as a restaraunt manager or food service supervisor. I did check the job category and the NOC CODE and it's listed as a job "Under pressure".

I was wondering if anyone has applied under this catrgory and have received an invitation letter from the Alberta Government??
Please reply...thanks
I believe very few people have received the AINP approval since AINP for H1B has been recently introduced early this year. However, if your job type is listed "Under Pressure", it should help expedite your application along with proper documentation.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Hi Chinadoll, seems to be that you meet the criteria for the Strategic Recruitment Stream

1. you have an H1B

2. you've been working for more than 1 year in USA

3. Your occupation is a Regional Occupations under Pressure List for Alberta
http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/oup/abouplist.shtml

You should apply to this program... you can find how in this website
http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/campaigns/h1b.html

chinadoll said:
Hi ,

Please reply...thanks

chinadoll

Oct 9, 2008
Thanks Tapak and ingegarcia for the feedback and the information. really appreciate your help. good luck to you guys and will keep you posted.

thanks,
chinadoll

Jul 31, 2008
Hello yrinaldy:

I just saw your post. The deadline for RSVP via email was Oct 1st. I plan on attending the info session at NYC on Oct 14th. Could you post the timings? Many thanks.

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
Although the deadline for RSVP is 1st October, you can request an invitation from Andrea.Kemper@gov.ab.ca. You have to take the invitation along with an ID (passport or Drivers License).

The date/time/venue are

The New Yorker Hotel
481 Eighth Avenue
New York, New York 10001

October 14, 2008
5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Grand Ballroom

maplemapleleaf said:
Hello yrinaldy:

I just saw your post. The deadline for RSVP via email was Oct 1st. I plan on attending the info session at NYC on Oct 14th. Could you post the timings? Many thanks.

Jul 31, 2008
Thanks dnataraj! This is most helpful.

Another qs for you: In a previous post I think you asked about biotech jobs in Ab. Have you had any luck so far?

dnataraj said:
Although the deadline for RSVP is 1st October, you can request an invitation from Andrea.Kemper@gov.ab.ca. You have to take the invitation along with an ID (passport or Drivers License).

The date/time/venue are

The New Yorker Hotel
481 Eighth Avenue
New York, New York 10001

October 14, 2008
Grand Ballroom

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
No Luck so far.
It is a Catch-22. Most of the employers wanted a Canadian Residency for their jobs. And before this H1B stream, PNP needed a Canadian job offer.

I am hoping if I get this PNP then I can look for a job.

Are you in Biotech field?

maplemapleleaf said:

Another qs for you: In a previous post I think you asked about biotech jobs in Ab. Have you had any luck so far?

yrinaldy

Star Member
Sep 26, 2008
Hi mapleleaf:

dnataraj already answered - I may not be there - although I already got the invitation from Andrea. Wish you luck!

maplemapleleaf said:

dnataraj said:

The date/time/venue are

The New Yorker Hotel
481 Eighth Avenue
New York, New York 10001

October 14, 2008
Grand Ballroom

dipulata

Sep 30, 2008
HI I gt my H1b effect oct 1 08 for a Quality Analyst(software tester) do my occupation qualify for this program. I've already checked the regional occutional link but I couldnt be sure please help me out

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Did you mean to say that you have minimum one year of experience in US? if so then your occupation is in the Regional Occupations Under Pressure list for Alberta so you can apply to alberta under the Strategic Recruitment Stream for H1B holders... see link below with NOC information ...

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC-CNP/app/quicksearch.aspx?lc=e&searchkey=2171

I hope this helps...

dipulata said:
HI I gt my H1b effect oct 1 08 for a Quality Analyst(software tester) do my occupation qualify for this program. I've already checked the regional occutional link but I couldnt be sure please help me out

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dipulata said:
Yes, if you look up Quality Analyst in the NOC, you get http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC-CNP/app/checkversion.aspx?lc=e&level=6&noccode=2171&code=2 and if you look up software tester, you get http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC-CNP/app/checkversion.aspx?lc=e&level=6&noccode=2283&code=2 It is up to you to decide which profession fits better for the kind of work you are doing.

At http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/campaigns/h1b.html there is a link to the occupations under pressure in Alberta, see http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/oup/abouplist.shtml and both these professions, 2171 and 2283 are on the list.

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
How long does it take for Alberta to confirm receiving your final invitation for provincial nominee? and how do they notify u by mail or e-mail?

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
they notify by email and it takes around 2 weeks or at least that's the time it took mine ... but that depends on the number of applications they are receiving... it might be a little longer...