Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: police clearance & FBI finger print

dnataraj said:
Tapak said:
I got my police clearance and FBI finger print last year (Oct-Nov 2007) from my home country and FBI in USA respectively. I haven't left since April 05. Can you give URL where it says that my police clearance and FBI finger print clearance is valid if one hasn't left USA since the time these certificates were issued. In my case, it has been over 42 months since I have continous stay in USA.

Your timely reply will save me from lot of process pain :) I was about to re-apply for FBI clearance and police clearance from my country consulate in Houston.

Cheers!

Taps
I said, police certificates from your home country are valid until you visit and stay there again for a long time. This is because the purpose of police certificates is to prove that you do not have criminal history in the country of residence. When you have not visited or stayed there, it is obvious.

FBI, you may have to do again as it will be more than a year when CIC starts processing your application. When I was applying for FSW which I did through a lawyer I got this information. However, better check with Canadian immigration office.

-dnataraj
Thanks for your prompt response. I have sent my query alongwith scanned copies of relevant clearance certificates in this regard to CIC Buffalo office. I am not sure about the query-response turnaround time at CIC, but I hope to hear from them in a week or maybe two.

Taps

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
According to what I read in the CiC website .... "The certificate must have been issued no more than three months before you submit your application."
So if you have a police certificate that has been issue last year... you'll nede to get a new one...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

C

cchabert

Ingegarcia let me see if I understand well, I send my application on June 16 that means the certificate do not have to be more than 3 months old in other words from March right?

chinadoll

Oct 9, 2008
Thanks Tapak and everyone for providing information. This is really a great way to help one another. keep up the good work..
chinadoll

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
Re: police clearance & FBI finger print

Tapak said:
Thanks for your prompt response. I have sent my query alongwith scanned copies of relevant clearance certificates in this regard to CIC Buffalo office. I am not sure about the query-response turnaround time at CIC, but I hope to hear from them in a week or maybe two.
Taps
Taps,

Keep us posted on the response from CIC.

-dna

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Hi cchabert ,
That would be according to CIC website.

cchabert said:
Ingegarcia let me see if I understand well, I send my application on June 16 that means the certificate do not have to be more than 3 months old in other words from March right?

jpadz

Star Member
Oct 19, 2008
hello everyone!
thank you for sharing this website. alberta canada's SRS is indeed an answer to H1B professionals in the US who are still waiting to be recognized as a resident in the community and not just a mere worker.

without a second thought, i sent all the documents via last october 14 and got a reply last october 16.

BTW, does anyone know if the dependents of the H1B visaholder become Permanent Residents too? Or its the H1B holder only who becomes a permanent resident and just sponsor later his/her dependents when they arrive in Alberta?

waiting for any reply.
thanks!

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
jpadz,

H1b holders and immediate family members (children and wife) included on the application are eligible for the PR. I do not know any immigration category that exclude immediate family member in this world.

olu

jpadz

Star Member
Oct 19, 2008
Thank you for the reply Olu! The thing came into my mind because I happened to read the family stream sponsorship of CIC. Also, since it's a new program, I thought they created a specific rule for this. It's just a thought, though. Thanks again for the info.

TO: INGEGARCIA

I noticed in one of your posts that your H1B extension is only valid until July 2008. Are you still in the US or processing in your home country? We are actually on the same boat. H1B expires on January 2009.

Thank you and goodluck to all of us!

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
My understanding is as long as we have H1B till we get our PNP we are good. We can process CIC from any country there onwards.

If anyone knows more on this let us know. I am thinking of leaving US once I have my PNP approved although I have H1B valid, to continue. Just frustrated by this uncertainty :)

Thanks
dna

chinadoll

Oct 9, 2008
dna,

After you receive the PNP,and then you decide to leave the country, what happens if they call you for an interview...it'll probably be at one of the US consulates right?..what then....

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
chinadoll said:
dna,

After you receive the PNP,and then you decide to leave the country, what happens if they call you for an interview...it'll probably be at one of the US consulates right?..what then....
chinadoll,

I too have these questions in my mind. I will consult a lawyer and CIC before I decide. However, so far my understanding is ,
I can inform CIC about my relocation and they will transfer the application to the local office in my country. Or I can come for
interview to Buffalo, using my visitor visa.

If anyone has additional info please share

-dna

WalkingFunny

Sep 26, 2008
Hi all,
has anybody else received the PNP certificate apart from maldito? It will be nice to know what time-frame the processing is now taking.

And, where is maldito?, no/few posts from him since he informed us of receipt of his PNP certificate.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Hi jpadz,
yes I had a valid visa until July 2008 and there was a big possibility for my extension to be rejected.... b/c I've been in USA more than 7 years and my LC was less than one year.... Fortunately my case turned out well and I got an extension until July next year....

As pointed by dnataraj you should not have any problem with that.. once your PNP is approved you can file your case in the Canadian embassy at your home country... In this case no problem with Interviews..

You might be able to file here in Buffalo... but you'll need to request a visitor visa to enter USA for the interview or for stamping your passport...
In any case you'll need to let Alberta knows about your new contact information...

I hope this helps...

jpadz said:
Thank you for the reply Olu! The thing came into my mind because I happened to read the family stream sponsorship of CIC. Also, since it's a new program, I thought they created a specific rule for this. It's just a thought, though. Thanks again for the info.

TO: INGEGARCIA

I noticed in one of your posts that your H1B extension is only valid until July 2008. Are you still in the US or processing in your home country? We are actually on the same boat. H1B expires on January 2009.

Thank you and goodluck to all of us!

C

cchabert

INGEGARCIA

My second H1B expires on July 2009, but I just got my approval of my I-140 form means I can renew the H1B one more time, (hope by then I'll be out of here) the question I have is about the police clearance:

1.- My federal case is in standby until the new rules came out next month.

2.- The H1B is in the process to receive the invitation package. (Cross my fingers)

I haven't process my police clearance from my home country or FBI here, when do you suggest is a right time to start asking for this certificates, I have been here for 8 years and I haven't leave the country since then.

Thank you !