Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: police clearance & FBI finger print

dnataraj said:
Tapak said:
Thanks for your prompt response. I have sent my query alongwith scanned copies of relevant clearance certificates in this regard to CIC Buffalo office. I am not sure about the query-response turnaround time at CIC, but I hope to hear from them in a week or maybe two.
Taps
Taps,

Keep us posted on the response from CIC.

-dna
I received response from CIC but unfortunately, it wasn't helpful.
Response received
" Complete instructions for obtaining police certificates are available at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

Regards,

Canadian Consulate General Buffalo

Immigration Section

buffalo-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
"
Based on response, I am left with little choice but to re-apply for the both police clearance from my home country and FBI clearance for CIC Application.

Taps

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Hi cchabert
You are lucky my friend :) . Since you are from Mexico you do not have to provide the police certificate in the initial application. Again this is according to CIC...

"Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?
Yes, but not with your initial application.
The visa office where you submit your application will contact you when they need this information."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/mexico.asp

cchabert said:
INGEGARCIA

My second H1B expires on July 2009, but I just got my approval of my I-140 form means I can renew the H1B one more time, (hope by then I'll be out of here) the question I have is about the police clearance:

1.- My federal case is in standby until the new rules came out next month.

2.- The H1B is in the process to receive the invitation package. (Cross my fingers)

I haven't process my police clearance from my home country or FBI here, when do you suggest is a right time to start asking for this certificates, I have been here for 8 years and I haven't leave the country since then.

Thank you !

C

cchabert

Thank you but knowing the bureaucrats from my country maybe is a good timing to start asking for them, I mean the local one the federal I see they will contact me how and when they need this one. and the FBI from here I'll wait that one doesn't take that long.

Thank you!

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
I am almost in the same boat. I lived almost 1 year in Mexico before I moved to USA. So most probably once I file the application with CIC they'll ask me for the Mexican police certificate... so next year I might be traveling there to get it :)
As for the police certificate @ my home country I'll be traveling this end of year to get it...

cchabert said:
Thank you but knowing the bureaucrats from my country maybe is a good timing to start asking for them, I mean the local one the federal I see they will contact me how and when they need this one. and the FBI from here I'll wait that one doesn't take that long.

Thank you!

C

cchabert

You are better lucky than me my friend, you can leave the country I can't, For my wife home country (same as yours) we went to the Consulate and it take approx 4 months to get it.

jpadz

Star Member
Oct 19, 2008
Thank you ingegarcia for the reply.
What have you done for you to have an H1B extension? I mean, what documents have you submitted? Do you have an approved I-140 petition and/or approved labor certification? Or you used labor substitution?

Thanks again.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
That's a good question to the lawyer of the company I work for :) ... I actually new that the case was very sensible.... also I knew that the company was having problems recapturing days I've been out of USA and some days that the USCIS mistakenly remove from my H1B. For the initial request the USCIS issued a RFE for my application and the lawyer said that the possibilities were very low..... I was ready to go out of USA.... somehow the H1B was approved..... I say that there is someone up there looking out for me :)

My LC is currently in process... being audited for more than a year... so no hope to file I140 soon... and I am not even thinking about how long I am going to take to get the green card... maybe within the next 10 years :))

jpadz said:
Thank you ingegarcia for the reply.
What have you done for you to have an H1B extension? I mean, what documents have you submitted? Do you have an approved I-140 petition and/or approved labor certification? Or you used labor substitution?

Thanks again.

jpadz

Star Member
Oct 19, 2008
Thank you for the reply ingegarcia.
Yeah, you're right. I should have asked your company's lawyer on this :)
Seriously speaking, we really want to extend our stay here in the US because we thought that it would be easier to move to Canada from here, than travelling from our home country- the Philippines.

Hope that we'll have the same luck which you have :)

Anyways, what is the status of your PNP application now?

C

cchabert

Ingegarcia with the priority date if you have one you can see when you can file your I-485 in my case I have priority date of October 2004 and right now on the monthly bulletin of immigration for people of my country they are in the September 2002 year, that means approx. 2 or 3 years to file for a green card, by then I hope to be in another place, sad but true, all this years....

findude32

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
Hi cchabert, I didnt get wht do u mean. Please tell me wht do u mean by priority date to see when one can fil I485?
2). How one can see the monthly bulletin of immigration for specific country? I mean I always thought the date for processing time is for generalization not any particular region or country.
Can you enlight me on this and if we have link where i can read and/or see the specific countries like India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Nepal etc.
thank cchabert.

Also if anyone can tell me regard to PNP Experience letter from the employer. Job description/duties need to mention in this letter or just it's enough to state that so n so is working as a ......... and the duration of work is from this year to this year. Do we need to enclose offer letter too?
Thanks all and good luck to their desire goals:)

cchabert said:
Ingegarcia with the priority date if you have one you can see when you can file your I-485 in my case I have priority date of October 2004 and right now on the monthly bulletin of immigration for people of my country they are in the September 2002 year, that means approx. 2 or 3 years to file for a green card, by then I hope to be in another place, sad but true, all this years....

C

cchabert

Findude32 The priority date came on your I-140 approval if you don't have one check with your US lawyer and the bulletin link is this one:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4371.html

Again check with your US lawyer, did he ask you to present documents to summit your green card or not?

findude32

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
Thanks for your prompt respond. No I dont have a I140 approval yet. Since my employer filed my Labor certificate application (LC) on August 18th 08.
I m not sure how long will LC to get approve. Do you have any idea how long does it usually take?
Second, I thought one can file I140/I485 together to save time if money is not the issue, Did you file both petition individually? any particular reason if money was not the issue?
Thank you indeed

cchabert said:
Findude32 The priority date came on your I-140 approval if you don't have one check with your US lawyer and the bulletin link is this one:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4371.html

Again check with your US lawyer, did he ask you to present documents to summit your green card or not?

C

cchabert

My LC takes...Take a seat...3 years..that is why I didn't apply at the same time, imagine if they ask you for your LC, what are you going to tell them? is not ready yet, you know then what is going to happened to your case.

findude32

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
Sorry to get coming back to you.... Call me thick head but i dont get it...
You mean to say your LC was not approved when u filed I140 and that why u didnt file I485 along with I140.
If I understand correct, your I140 will file once you have LC in your hand.
So regardless how long it takes to LC, One can't file I140.
Am I right?
So in your case, it sound to me that your LC was in process and your employer filed your I140 and that is why you didnt file I485 along with I140.
Enlight me what am i missing..?
Really appreciate it

cchabert said:
My LC takes...Take a seat...3 years..that is why I didn't apply at the same time, imagine if they ask you for your LC, what are you going to tell them? is not ready yet, you know then what is going to happened to your case.

C

cchabert

My LC take 3 years to be approved, then I apply to I140 and wait until it get approved (1.6 years) and now I have to wait until they have open visas so I look the bulletin and it will be another 2 or 3 years before apply to green card.

The reason I didn't apply to I140 and I485 at the same time is because there is no guarantee that they approve the I140.

Sorry if I didn't explain well before.

Peace!