+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP

nowayx

Aug 11, 2008
I dont have an answer for that....
I never changed employers.
Actually, I would love to work for my current employer for a long time... seriously... more than 6 years if I could.
They even ask me if I wanted to apply for GC... I would have said yes, but I have a family too.. and I have to think about them as well... So my answer was no, no GC.

NO GC. YES ALBERTA PR. :)

Ah, the letter says 60-90 days to get the nomination, if approved.

I still have one question: should I send my transcripts? (I have no idea what a 'copy of degree' means). I will get a certified copy of my diploma (which is not in English.. should I pay someone to translate it?) What about transcripts?
I dont want to mess up!
Any thoughts?

yrinaldy said:
nowayx:
Great info - thanks.

Question... Does this mean you must still be employed by the employer when you apply? what if you get laid-off or something like it.. and they don't ask for current pay-stub?
Also, after you respond to the invite, how long until you get positive nomination?

Thanks for the info. I'll go ahead and prepare mine.

nowayx said:
yrinaldy,

Here is the FULL list:

- (Fill the forms)
- Original letter of invitation (in the package)
- Certified copy of the valid passport for you and your accompanying family members
- Certified copy of your Degree, Diploma, Certificate or other documents regarding your education and training.
- Certified copy of any membership in any professional association and/or license.
- Job description from your current employer in the US. (with job title, duties etc...)

I will get my copies tomorrow.. and hopefully send everything next Monday.

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
nowayx said:
I dont have an answer for that....
I never changed employers.
Actually, I would love to work for my current employer for a long time... seriously... more than 6 years if I could.
They even ask me if I wanted to apply for GC... I would have said yes, but I have a family too.. and I have to think about them as well... So my answer was no, no GC.

NO GC. YES ALBERTA PR. :)

Ah, the letter says 60-90 days to get the nomination, if approved.

I still have one question: should I send my transcripts? (I have no idea what a 'copy of degree' means). I will get a certified copy of my diploma (which is not in English.. should I pay someone to translate it?) What about transcripts?
I dont want to mess up!
Any thoughts?
Normally, translation is done by embassy of your country or chamber of commerce of your country. These two entities normally are present in the US for all countries. Check with them.

findude32

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
For Yrinaldy, This is a little complicated but the only requirements for PNP are Valid H1 and a one year expereience.
I m no one to give comments but here is my little piece of advice.
Since you have already submit ur paystub during your pre assessment process that you don't need to worry about as they are not asking for it either.
So once you get the invitation letter, submit the documents they ask ASAP and sit back and relax. Think as a blessing that you r eligible for applying and rest leave it to God as you have control something and few things are beyond your control.
Good Luck.

Also there is good news for the people who are waiting for invitation letter and expecting.
It seem like they r still sending invitation letter as soon as 30 days [not 30 working days] completed in spite the email respond says that it will take 30 -60 working OR i have read some ppl got the feedback that upto take 4 months.
so keep your finger cross.
Also for PNP certificate, here is my query
1).Does anyone is submitting the availability of funds statement?
2) does anyone is submitting birth certificate?
3). the letter that reflects job tittle and job duties can be offered letter when the employer hired the person? or we can write job duties in seperate paper and attached with the other documents
Please enlight your suggestion/opinion
Thanks

yrinaldy said:
nowayx:
Great info - thanks.

Question... Does this mean you must still be employed by the employer when you apply? what if you get laid-off or something like it.. and they don't ask for current pay-stub?
Also, after you respond to the invite, how long until you get positive nomination?

Thanks for the info. I'll go ahead and prepare mine.

nowayx said:
yrinaldy,

Here is the FULL list:

- (Fill the forms)
- Original letter of invitation (in the package)
- Certified copy of the valid passport for you and your accompanying family members
- Certified copy of your Degree, Diploma, Certificate or other documents regarding your education and training.
- Certified copy of any membership in any professional association and/or license.
- Job description from your current employer in the US. (with job title, duties etc...)

I will get my copies tomorrow.. and hopefully send everything next Monday.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
What I have done is to have my documents translated with a Translation & Evaluation Services ... there are many on the internet... the translation has to be certified and notarized.....

And I did not even send the original, I sent a notarized copy of the certified translation...

BTW tell them that the translations are not for academic credentials.. unless you intent to use them for this..

-I hope this helps..

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
With the AINP forms you also need to submit the copies of the second phase for the Citizenship and Immigration Canada process. One of these forms is a statement of proof of funds.. As far as I know you do not need to send any bank account statement or anything like that... but still you need to tell them how much money you have
For the birth certificates I did not send anything like that with my application... just the copies of the passport for me and my wife...
And as for the job letter I sent the letter that my lawyer used to get my H1B extension... it does contain the job title and duties.. and since the letter was an old one I included my paystub to proof that I am still working for the company..

I hope this helps

findude32 said:
Also for PNP certificate, here is my query
1).Does anyone is submitting the availability of funds statement?
2) does anyone is submitting birth certificate?
3). the letter that reflects job tittle and job duties can be offered letter when the employer hired the person? or we can write job duties in seperate paper and attached with the other documents
Please enlight your suggestion/opinion
Thanks

satyac

Star Member
Aug 7, 2008
Job Decription Letter

Hi
I got invitation for applying for immigration.I got question regarding one of the required documents,Job description .Do this letter as to mention my education background and experience required for this postion apart from job duities.

I got letter from my employer which mentions only my job duties,it not discuss abt my past experience and education backgroud required for it.Does this make any problem.

Please reply to me thanks

harivenkat

Oct 6, 2008
satyac said:
Job Decription Letter

Hi
I got invitation for applying for immigration.I got question regarding one of the required documents,Job description .Do this letter as to mention my education background and experience required for this postion apart from job duities.

I got letter from my employer which mentions only my job duties,it not discuss abt my past experience and education backgroud required for it.Does this make any problem.

Please reply to me thanks
Congrats on getting to next level. I am no expert, but I am guessing job role and responsibilities
and date of joining should be sufficient. The employer cannot speak for employee's education background
as that can be testified by degree/education certifcates.

Can you please, let me (us) know when was your preassessment application accepted. Trying track how
much time they are taking to send the invitation letter.

satyac

Star Member
Aug 7, 2008
Hi
Where i can see file no.
Anyways do any applied for nomination of immigration(2nd step).Wht thy mentioned in job description.Do they mentioned job requiement and education background in that letter.Do anybody succed in getting it..Please share your ideas on it.

Thanks

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
satyac said:
Hi
Where i can see file no.
Anyways do any applied for nomination of immigration(2nd step).Wht thy mentioned in job description.Do they mentioned job requiement and education background in that letter.Do anybody succed in getting it..Please share your ideas on it.

Thanks
Oh I misread, you will get file number when you apply for the 2nd step.
Job description is from your employer (a letter describing your job function). Or you can submit the letter, your employer filed with USCIS during H1B processing.

The job category must be one of the categories in demand in Alberta. Check the NOC code and identify the most appropriate one for your present job.

C

cchabert

So I assume that the second step is when you receive your invitation package on the mail and send it back to them right?

satyac

Star Member
Aug 7, 2008
Hi dnatraj

Thanks for reply..
But my present employer given me the letter which describes about my job duties but it did not mentioned about the requirment for position which i satisify.It is not mentioning my education backgroud and experience i posses for satisfying the requirment of the postion.
Does this cause any issuse.I changed my employer after i got invitation,do they need H1 I-797 copy ?

Please reply me..
Thanks

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
satyac said:
Hi dnatraj

Thanks for reply..
But my present employer given me the letter which describes about my job duties but it did not mentioned about the requirment for position which i satisify.It is not mentioning my education backgroud and experience i posses for satisfying the requirment of the postion.
Does this cause any issuse.I changed my employer after i got invitation,do they need H1 I-797 copy ?

Please reply me..
Thanks
Check all the H1B filings carefully. There you will see what the employer has given about your matching skills. send photocopy of that. Like it was explained in this forum earlier, for educational qualification send notarized copy of your degree

Changing employer is fine. If you have 1-797 submit it else submit the old one. All they want is to know that you are working for at least 1 year and you have maintained your legal status

Hope this helps

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Since you changes jobs recently you should have the job letter that was submitted for your current employer to the USCIS for your transfer.... you can submit that one. That letter contains job title and job description.

BTW that is the letter I submitted to Alberta for pre-assessment and for AINP