Interview........
April 16th 2013 - "In Process" on E-Cas: April 17th 2013
Passport Req..
May 19th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Soon InshAllah
LANDED..........
Soon InshAllah
Hi bu ayaan, thanks for your comments. Yes, actually the reason why I was changing the mailing address is because the one they had on file was incorrect on E-Cas and what they have on file... So its the mailing address which I wanted to have changed and which I have now sent to them VIA E-mail.

I just also wanted to know if anyone on the forum has actually received anything from them in the past by mail.......

bu ayaan said:
Another thing you can do is just write them a letter with your file number on it mentioning that you would like your address to be changed and you have sent in the forms previously and haven't heard from them. Post the letter and atleast you will have a peace of mind once you do it that you have done it again.

I just wanted to tell you that they do need a physical address too because there are times when they mail out forms to be resubmitted so hope you are providing them that too along with your email address.

snowman101

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2012
Doc's Request.
ECAS changed to "In Process" January 28, 2013
AOR Received.
August 17, 2012 (CIC Mississauga)
File Transfer...
August 21, 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 19, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 2013
munchkin80 said:
Hi bu ayaan, thanks for your comments. Yes, actually the reason why I was changing the mailing address is because the one they had on file was incorrect on E-Cas and what they have on file... So its the mailing address which I wanted to have changed and which I have now sent to them VIA E-mail.

I just also wanted to know if anyone on the forum has actually received anything from them in the past by mail.......
hello...
So far, we didn't get anything from the VO yet through mail. Everything is through email. I guess because those are only simple answers to our questions which we sent through emails too.

Actually, we also updated my husband's mailing address on ecas few months ago, probably around October 2012. We only added PO Box number on his address. I was pretty sure that it wasn't changed at all before christmas of last year 2012 and remained the same. We didn't get any response from them regarding that update of mailing address. But recently, just this benning of January, I checked my husband's status and noticed that his mailing address has PO box now. We don't know if it means that they've started processing my husband's application. His status on ecas is still "Application Received"....

I am sure there will be no problem for you too as with regards to updating your mailing address. Nowadays, they use email address as means of communication because it's faster and no cost for postage. They just use the mailing address if they need send some documents for us to sign or fill up...

Goodluck to us all.. I hope we get some good news before end of January...

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
munchkin80 said:
Well I did receive from them twice. The first was for additional documents that I had to submit and second was for my police good conduct certificate from uk since I was studying there.

Tsichi15

Star Member
Sep 11, 2012
Actually, we also updated my husband's mailing address on ecas few months ago, probably around October 2012. We only added PO Box number on his address. I was pretty sure that it wasn't changed at all before christmas of last year 2012 and remained the same. We didn't get any response from them regarding that update of mailing address. But recently, just this benning of January, I checked my husband's status and noticed that his mailing address has PO box now. We don't know if it means that they've started processing my husband's application. His status on ecas is still "Application Received"....

My Ecas address doesn't have P.O. box no. , do I have to give them the P.O. box no.? how? thank you!

najh786

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2012
Doc's Request.
Ecas-changed to "in process" oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
04-08-2012
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
1-5-2012
Passport Req..
21-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2013
LANDED..........
07-03-2013
has anyone received any sort of communication with the embassy within dec2012 or jan2013? when was the last time someone got a ppr from this embassy? they really scare me ??? ???

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
Tsichi15 said:
My Ecas address doesn't have P.O. box no. , do I have to give them the P.O. box no.? how? thank you!
You don't need to give them a p.o.box address if you are living in Canada. But if you are living with your husband then you can ask them to change your address. They usually don't mail out anything to the sponsor once the sponsor is approved and the file is transferred to the applicants processing!

munchkin80

Aug 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 10th 2012
Doc's Request.
December 4th 2012, All sent January 3rd 2013
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
December 4th 2012
File Transfer...
September 20th 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 19th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Soon InshAllah
LANDED..........
Soon InshAllah
bu ayaan said:
Well I did receive from them twice. The first was for additional documents that I had to submit and second was for my police good conduct certificate from uk since I was studying there.

Hi Bu Ayaan,,, did you receive these documents by mail? and if so did you not give your e-mail address to them when you initially filed your application?

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
munchkin80 said:
Hi Bu Ayaan,,, did you receive these documents by mail? and if so did you not give your e-mail address to them when you initially filed your application?
I did give them both my email and mail address. They only use email to communicate with certain things. The mail address is used when they sent in any additional forms that need to be completed or certain documents require a letter from the Canadian embassy before you can get them. I would say both addresses are equally important.

munchkin80

Aug 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 10th 2012
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
December 4th 2012
File Transfer...
September 20th 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 19th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Soon InshAllah
LANDED..........
Soon InshAllah
Yeah I guess your right, because for example the medical forms in case a second medical is needed is always mailed.

bu ayaan said:
I did give them both my email and mail address. They only use email to communicate with certain things. The mail address is used when they sent in any additional forms that need to be completed or certain documents require a letter from the Canadian embassy before you can get them. I would say both addresses are equally important.

munchkin80

Aug 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 10th 2012
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
December 4th 2012
File Transfer...
September 20th 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 19th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Soon InshAllah
LANDED..........
Soon InshAllah
was your PPR request through email???

bu ayaan said:

mrs alkhatib

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i'm starting to think the mississauga stage is the hardest part... 1 paper delayed our application a very long time.. this is unbelievable :'(

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
mrs alkhatib said:
i'm starting to think the mississauga stage is the hardest part... 1 paper delayed our application a very long time.. this is unbelievable :'(
From my experience or what I have seen on the forum too that's the quickest stage!

I guess it's just luck! What paper did u miss though?

Tsichi15

Star Member
Sep 11, 2012
bu ayaan said:
When you had sent the additional documents to abu dhabi did you include the request letter? I had received an email from the embassy for the required documents last November & I have sent all the requirements on the same month. I'm afraid that it is not the request letter & maybe just an information about the required documents! Did anyone received a request letter for the required documents through email?? :-[ Bec. I read a post from someone that the embassy is requiring them to include a sealed paper from the request letter together with the documents that they are going to send.

Tsichi15

Star Member
Sep 11, 2012
Your file number: Fxxxxxxxxx / Bxxxxxxxxx

Dear Applicant:

In order to continue processing your application, we ask that you provide us with the following documents/information:
- We note that your sponsor has not yet paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) which must be paid before a visa can be issued. You may wish to ask your sponsor to pay the RPRF now in order to avoid delays in the application process. This fee CANNOT be paid at our Embassy. The RPRF must be paid in Canada. Please visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website at www.cic.gc.ca for more information. Please note that this fee can be paid online. Once payment has been made, please provide our office with a copy of the bar code receipt (*.pdf document) with your file number, if payment was made online. If not paid online, please provide us with the scanned receipt along with your file number.
- Please complete and return to our office the attached Residency Questionnaire. This should be completed by the principal applicant only and not your sponsor. Please answer ALL questions on the form. Answers must be in English or French. Please write legibly.

- Proof that your Permanent Resident sponsor is currently residing in Canada and has been residing in Canada since the sponsorship was submitted. If your sponsor is currently residing in Canada, please provide copies of Canadian tax documents (Notice of Assessment (NOA), T1 and T4); three (3) recent pay stubs and any other document which proves that your sponsor is living in Canada.

- 4 Passport size photographs (photographs must conform to the specifications outlined in the Guide to Immigrating IMM 3999 and Appendix B Photo Specifications).

- An original Police Certificate from Saudi Arabia for yourself because you previously lived in Saudi Arabia for more than 6 months. Please note that you cannot obtain a Saudi Arabia Police Certificate without presenting a request letter issued by the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi. Please note that copy of the said letter with a "Request for Saudi Arabia Police Certificate - Personal Information Form" will be sent to your mailing address. You must complete this form and submit it to The Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia. Please contact The Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia nearest you before applying for a police certificate. The police certificate must be translated in English or French by a professional translator. The original police certificate must be attached with the professional translation.

- Your original police certificate from the Philippines issued by the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI - Green in colour - Valid for Travel Abroad). For information on how to obtain a police certificate from the Philippines, please consult the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/philippines.asp

- Your and your sponsor's original Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR) issued by the National Statistics Office in the Philippines. For more information, please visit their website at: https://www.eCensus.com.ph

If we have asked you to submit an original police certificate(s), and/or photos, please send all required documents together by regular mail or courier. You cannot send police certificates and/or photos by fax or as an email attachment because we require original police certificates/printed photos.If we have asked you to send us several documents, you are required to submit all the documents together. Do not send documents one at a time. You should include your name and file number (which is indicated in the subject line) in all your correspondence.
You must submit the document(s) and/or information within (45) days from the date of this request otherwise it will cause delays in the processing or it could result in the refusal of your application. Additional documents may be requested by the Visa Officer upon the complete assessment of your application.