07-03-2013
when did u get this Tsichi?

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
Tsichi15 said:
When you had sent the additional documents to abu dhabi did you include the request letter? I had received an email from the embassy for the required documents last November & I have sent all the requirements on the same month. I'm afraid that it is not the request letter & maybe just an information about the required documents! Did anyone received a request letter for the required documents through email?? :-[ Bec. I read a post from someone that the embassy is requiring them to include a sealed paper from the request letter together with the documents that they are going to send.
No I didn't include the request letter!

sponsorCan

Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
AOR Received.
17-07-2012
File Transfer...
23-07-2012
Med's Request
07-01-2013
Med's Done....
13-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-02-2014
LANDED..........
05-04-2014
Tsichi15 said:
- An original Police Certificate from Saudi Arabia for yourself because you previously lived in Saudi Arabia for more than 6 months. Please note that you cannot obtain a Saudi Arabia Police Certificate without presenting a request letter issued by the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi. Please note that copy of the said letter with a "Request for Saudi Arabia Police Certificate - Personal Information Form" will be sent to your mailing address. You must complete this form and submit it to The Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia. Please contact The Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia nearest you before applying for a police certificate. The police certificate must be translated in English or French by a professional translator. The original police certificate must be attached with the professional translation.
Do you still have a residency/Iqama in Saudi Arabia? My husband was also asked to provide a police certificate from KSA because he lived there for more than 6 months after the age of 18. However, they wouldn't give us a request letter even though we told them that it is required in Saudi Arabia to process the police clearance. Their reply was:
"That supporting letter is only applicable to current residents of Saudi.
The following are the procedures for obtaining Saudi police certificates for former residents:
- foreign national obtains application form from the website of local Saudi Embassy where the person is residing and gets fingerprints taken at the local police authority
- foreign national then gives the completed forms to his or her own embassy to transmit to their counterpart Embassy in Riyadh
- that embassy then approaches the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Interior Ministry on behalf of the client in order to get the police certificate done
- once processing is completed, the results are returned to that Embassy to return back to the applicant
Sincerely,
Immigration Section / MM"

However, this process doesn't really work. We contacted the Saudi embassy and our embassy and they both said they have nothing to do with this, so we are still stuck on this stage. The 45-day period is almost over and we don't know how we can get the certificate from Saudi.

munchkin80

Aug 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 10th 2012
Doc's Request.
December 4th 2012, All sent January 3rd 2013
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
December 4th 2012
File Transfer...
September 20th 2012
Interview........
April 16th 2013 - "In Process" on E-Cas: April 17th 2013
Passport Req..
May 19th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Soon InshAllah
LANDED..........
Soon InshAllah
Tsichi, this is the request of documents letter... You don't need to send them the actual request letter,,, as long as you've sent them everything
they have asked for including the file number in the asking time frame your good to go.. so dont worry.

They also gave me 45 days to send in all the required documents including the Schedule A form again..... I sent them everything,,,, accept for my NOA which I am still waiting for from the CRA (Canada Revenue Agency) for 2011... I attached a note asking them to wait and as soon as I receive it I will send it to them....

I received my document request on December 4th and sent everything in Jan 3rd.

Tsichi15 said:
Your file number: Fxxxxxxxxx / Bxxxxxxxxx

Dear Applicant:

In order to continue processing your application, we ask that you provide us with the following documents/information:
- We note that your sponsor has not yet paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) which must be paid before a visa can be issued. You may wish to ask your sponsor to pay the RPRF now in order to avoid delays in the application process. This fee CANNOT be paid at our Embassy. The RPRF must be paid in Canada. Please visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website at www.cic.gc.ca for more information. Please note that this fee can be paid online. Once payment has been made, please provide our office with a copy of the bar code receipt (*.pdf document) with your file number, if payment was made online. If not paid online, please provide us with the scanned receipt along with your file number.
- Please complete and return to our office the attached Residency Questionnaire. This should be completed by the principal applicant only and not your sponsor. Please answer ALL questions on the form. Answers must be in English or French. Please write legibly.

- Proof that your Permanent Resident sponsor is currently residing in Canada and has been residing in Canada since the sponsorship was submitted. If your sponsor is currently residing in Canada, please provide copies of Canadian tax documents (Notice of Assessment (NOA), T1 and T4); three (3) recent pay stubs and any other document which proves that your sponsor is living in Canada.

- 4 Passport size photographs (photographs must conform to the specifications outlined in the Guide to Immigrating IMM 3999 and Appendix B Photo Specifications).

- An original Police Certificate from Saudi Arabia for yourself because you previously lived in Saudi Arabia for more than 6 months. Please note that you cannot obtain a Saudi Arabia Police Certificate without presenting a request letter issued by the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi. Please note that copy of the said letter with a "Request for Saudi Arabia Police Certificate - Personal Information Form" will be sent to your mailing address. You must complete this form and submit it to The Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia. Please contact The Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia nearest you before applying for a police certificate. The police certificate must be translated in English or French by a professional translator. The original police certificate must be attached with the professional translation.

- Your original police certificate from the Philippines issued by the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI - Green in colour - Valid for Travel Abroad). For information on how to obtain a police certificate from the Philippines, please consult the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/philippines.asp

- Your and your sponsor's original Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR) issued by the National Statistics Office in the Philippines. For more information, please visit their website at: https://www.eCensus.com.ph

If we have asked you to submit an original police certificate(s), and/or photos, please send all required documents together by regular mail or courier. You cannot send police certificates and/or photos by fax or as an email attachment because we require original police certificates/printed photos.If we have asked you to send us several documents, you are required to submit all the documents together. Do not send documents one at a time. You should include your name and file number (which is indicated in the subject line) in all your correspondence.
You must submit the document(s) and/or information within (45) days from the date of this request otherwise it will cause delays in the processing or it could result in the refusal of your application. Additional documents may be requested by the Visa Officer upon the complete assessment of your application.

Tsichi15

Star Member
Sep 11, 2012
najh786 said:
when did u get this Tsichi?
I received this email last November 2012 i think 1st week, then I've sent it on the same month. According to the tracking no. it was received on November 27, 2012.

Tsichi15

Star Member
Sep 11, 2012
sponsorCan said:
Do you still have a residency/Iqama in Saudi Arabia? My husband was also asked to provide a police certificate from KSA because he lived there for more than 6 months after the age of 18. However, they wouldn't give us a request letter even though we told them that it is required in Saudi Arabia to process the police clearance. Their reply was:
"That supporting letter is only applicable to current residents of Saudi.
The following are the procedures for obtaining Saudi police certificates for former residents:
- foreign national obtains application form from the website of local Saudi Embassy where the person is residing and gets fingerprints taken at the local police authority
- foreign national then gives the completed forms to his or her own embassy to transmit to their counterpart Embassy in Riyadh
- that embassy then approaches the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Interior Ministry on behalf of the client in order to get the police certificate done
- once processing is completed, the results are returned to that Embassy to return back to the applicant
Sincerely,
Immigration Section / MM"

However, this process doesn't really work. We contacted the Saudi embassy and our embassy and they both said they have nothing to do with this, so we are still stuck on this stage. The 45-day period is almost over and we don't know how we can get the certificate from Saudi.
Yes im still a resident of saudi arabia..I am working here for 3 yrs. I've read some posts about getting the police clearance when you already left the kingdom. Someone has been able to obtain his police clearance but for a longer tym unlike if u r still here in
Saudi that is only 20 days.

snowman101

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2012
Doc's Request.
ECAS changed to "In Process" January 28, 2013
AOR Received.
August 17, 2012 (CIC Mississauga)
File Transfer...
August 21, 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 19, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 2013
My Ecas address doesn't have P.O. box no. , do I have to give them the P.O. box no.? how? thank you!
[/quote]

I am the sponsor and I am living in Canada. My husband is currently working in Saudi Arabia. My husband said that his complete mailing address should have PO number thus we added the PO box number to his mailing address. But if your mailing address doesn't really need a PO box number, you don't have too.. It depends on where you are specifically. In my husband's case, he used his office address as his mailing address because he said that mailing system there in Saudi is not that good.

snowman101

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
August 21, 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 19, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 2013
I am just wonding if the VO already started processing my husband's paper...
His files were transfered Aug21/12 but ever since up to today, they never asked any additional info or docs at all... Although, everything you guys mentioned here that were asked from you as additional docs were all included included in our application...

Last communication we got from the VO was last Nov20/12 advising us that our file is still on queue for initial review... Since then no updates received...

Does anybody here received any progress with their applications yet?

munchkin80

Aug 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 10th 2012
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
December 4th 2012
File Transfer...
September 20th 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 19th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Soon InshAllah
LANDED..........
Soon InshAllah
Just a question for those of you whose spouses are living in Dubai.... My husband who is in Dubai provided his UAE police clearance at the time when I initially submitted our application to Mississauga. However the UAE clearance is only valid for 2 or 3 months???

so how does that work,, and they didn't request a new one when I received my additional documents request on the 4th of December????

Anyone with any idea please reply

thanks!

Tsichi15

Star Member
Sep 11, 2012
munchkin80 said:
Tsichi, this is the request of documents letter... You don't need to send them the actual request letter,,, as long as you've sent them everything
they have asked for including the file number in the asking time frame your good to go.. so dont worry.

They also gave me 45 days to send in all the required documents including the Schedule A form again..... I sent them everything,,,, accept for my NOA which I am still waiting for from the CRA (Canada Revenue Agency) for 2011... I attached a note asking them to wait and as soon as I receive it I will send it to them....

I received my document request on December 4th and sent everything in Jan 3rd

Oh my!Thank you so much! I was totally relieved! I can quit on thinking that I mistakenly sent my documents with the wrong request letter...
May I ask you what was the next info or update that you received after submitting those documents?

Tsichi15

Star Member
Sep 11, 2012
munchkin80 said:
Just a question for those of you whose spouses are living in Dubai.... My husband who is in Dubai provided his UAE police clearance at the time when I initially submitted our application to Mississauga. However the UAE clearance is only valid for 2 or 3 months???

so how does that work,, and they didn't request a new one when I received my additional documents request on the 4th of December????

Anyone with any idea please reply

thanks!

Hi! My police clearance here in Jeddah (valid only for 6 months) that is why I had to get for another clearance last November. Is that request letter you received last Dec. was the same as the one I posted before? except for the police clearance? If your husband's police clearance is already expired maybe they will send you another request for that.

Anyways, when did you submitted you application? 2012?

Tsichi15

Star Member
Sep 11, 2012
snowman101 said:
I am just wonding if the VO already started processing my husband's paper...
His files were transfered Aug21/12 but ever since up to today, they never asked any additional info or docs at all... Although, everything you guys mentioned here that were asked from you as additional docs were all included included in our application...

Last communication we got from the VO was last Nov20/12 advising us that our file is still on queue for initial review... Since then no updates received...

Does anybody here received any progress with their applications yet?
Same here, we have included all those documents except for the Cenomar (NSO will give you the certification of marriage contract not the cenomar) & the receipt of pr fee. The thing is my police clearance had expired last november so that's why I have to submit for a new one. Since November 27, 2012 I have not received any news or letter. I just kept on checking our archive dept. for any possibilities that they've mailed anything.

snowman101

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
August 21, 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 19, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 2013
Tsichi15 said:
Same here, we have included all those documents except for the Cenomar (NSO will give you the certification of marriage contract not the cenomar) & the receipt of pr fee. The thing is my police clearance had expired last november so that's why I have to submit for a new one. Since November 27, 2012 I have not received any news or letter. I just kept on checking our archive dept. for any possibilities that they've mailed anything.
When did you submit your application to CIC? I know NBI clearance is valid for 1 year. Is your application over a year already? My husband's Saudi police clearance was issued around June2012, I don't know how long is the validity. But we never heard any yet from the VO. MOreover, we did not submit any CENOMAR too, only marriage contract from NSO. I better ask for it now as they might ask us too.. How did you get your CENOMAR that fast if you are still in middle east?

munchkin80

Aug 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 10th 2012
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
December 4th 2012
File Transfer...
September 20th 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 19th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Soon InshAllah
LANDED..........
Soon InshAllah
I submitted my immigration application to Mississauga on August 10th 2012 and Abu Dhabi received my application on September 20th,,,
Documents request was on December 4th which included Schedule A to be done again, RPRF free which had already been paid so I gave them the receipt which I got online with the bar code, I paid this fee prior to mailing my application to Mississauga so I have no idea why they didnt receive it,,, and they asked me to submit proof T1, T4 and NOA to prove that I am in Canada....

And yeah my husband UAE Police clearance expired in August of 2012 already, yet they did not ask for another one when they requested the documents... Maybe they don't need it for the background checks,,, im sure if they did need it for any reason right now they would ask for it now Since the background checks commence as soon as they receive our file from what I have heard on this forum.

snowman101 said:
When did you submit your application to CIC? I know NBI clearance is valid for 1 year. Is your application over a year already? My husband's Saudi police clearance was issued around June2012, I don't know how long is the validity. But we never heard any yet from the VO. MOreover, we did not submit any CENOMAR too, only marriage contract from NSO. I better ask for it now as they might ask us too.. How did you get your CENOMAR that fast if you are still in middle east?

munchkin80

Aug 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 10th 2012
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
December 4th 2012
File Transfer...
September 20th 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 19th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Soon InshAllah
LANDED..........
Soon InshAllah
yes I applied on August 10th 2012,, and Abu Dhabi received my application on Sep 20th 2012, document request was dec 4th,,, and my husband's Dubai clearance expired in August 2012 however, when they sent the additional document request they didnt ask my husband to get another clearance. They really do work in mysterious ways....

Who knows snowman,, maybe they might ask for our clearances near the end when they are ready to issue the visa...

Tsichi15 said:
Hi! My police clearance here in Jeddah (valid only for 6 months) that is why I had to get for another clearance last November. Is that request letter you received last Dec. was the same as the one I posted before? except for the police clearance? If your husband's police clearance is already expired maybe they will send you another request for that.

Anyways, when did you submitted you application? 2012?