Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
It means that nobody will be working on our applications while they are on strike and we have to wait even longer.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
MisterBob said:
***** URGENT - NEED HELP *****

Please help us...

We have just sent our common-law sponsorship application in on Monday by Xpress post mail to CPC Vegreville, AB T9C 1W3 in a hurry to reach there before her police certificate expires end of this week.

We completed all the forms (or think we did) but we have just realized right now Tuesday night that we did not send in her OPW (Open Work Permit) with the application!!!! :eek:

What should we do?! :( ...We currently have the Open Work Permit application filled out and it says "Open Work Permit - Please process when AIP is granted. Client ID #XXXX XXXX" on top of the Document Checklist and as well the "Application to change conditions, extend my stay or remain as a worker" application.

Question:

Should we be sending it to the exact same address to go along with our common-law sponsorship application (which we intended to attach)?

CPC Vegreville
Permanent Residence Applications
6212-55th Avenue
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1W3

or should we send it to the address on the IMM 5553 form "Send your application to:
CPC Vegreville
Work Permit
6212-55th Avenue – Unit 555
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1X6

Has anyone have experience with this? Will we be okay? What should we do? Thanks!!!
Wait until you get an AOR and then send it to the PR address and ask them to add the OWP application to your file.

larryUK

Star Member
Mar 13, 2012
Currently going through the IMM5289 process will be mailing soon hopefully (waiting on my police record background check to arrive before can send in completed application), though still unsure of a couple of things. (just for info my canadian spouse is the one sponsoring me, no dependants)

I have completed IM5669E as the principal applicant, do I need to do another one for my spouse even though she is my sponsor and all ready lives here. Not clear about that though thinking I should?

And on IMM5406 in the guide it says about Section C - "If you are filling out the Application for Permanent Residence from within Canada – Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada Class (IMM 5289), do not complete this section", so leave that section blank?? Also do I need to do another one of these for my spouse? Unclear again as thought this meant I was bringing my spouse with as part of the application.

Thanks!

Yellowrose

Star Member
Feb 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2012
AOR Received.
n/a
Med's Done....
07-12-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2013
LANDED..........
02-08-2013
I'm not sure when the strike begins/began, but there has been considerable activity this week on the December forum. 3 of us received PPR's, so there appears to still be activity, and we'll pray for a short strike, so don't lose hope!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
larryUK said:
Currently going through the IMM5289 process will be mailing soon hopefully (waiting on my police record background check to arrive before can send in completed application), though still unsure of a couple of things. (just for info my canadian spouse is the one sponsoring me, no dependants)

I have completed IM5669E as the principal applicant, do I need to do another one for my spouse even though she is my sponsor and all ready lives here. Not clear about that though thinking I should?

And on IMM5406 in the guide it says about Section C - "If you are filling out the Application for Permanent Residence from within Canada – Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada Class (IMM 5289), do not complete this section", so leave that section blank?? Also do I need to do another one of these for my spouse? Unclear again as thought this meant I was bringing my spouse with as part of the application.

Thanks!
Only you need the IMM 5669E. However many of us have been asked for our complete history since age 18 in Q8 and not just 10 years worth. The London VO seems to be ignoring the condition on that question. You may wish to preempt them. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thread-for-outland-london-uk-applications-t49436.0.html;msg2319226#msg2319226

MisterBob

Star Member
Jul 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-06-2013
Med's Done....
05-02-2013
computergeek said:
Wait until you get an AOR and then send it to the PR address and ask them to add the OWP application to your file.
thanks comp geek! +positive you.

you are always so helpful!

larryUK

Star Member
Mar 13, 2012
zardoz said:
Only you need the IMM 5669E. However many of us have been asked for our complete history since age 18 in Q8 and not just 10 years worth. The London VO seems to be ignoring the condition on that question. You may wish to preempt them. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thread-for-outland-london-uk-applications-t49436.0.html;msg2319226#msg2319226
OK thanks, that would seem a struggle remembering back about 20 years for me, 10 was hard enough!

Actually I'm still not sure whether to file it with London or somewhere here? Couple of weeks back I made a few posts here and found out filing it inland means could apply for an open work permit after the 1st stage approval (6 months) , filing outland the whole process does not seem that much quicker, currently looks to be around 14 months (inland) to 11 months (with London) though this strike business doesn't sound good.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
There are a few things to consider if going for inland.

a) No right of appeal
b) You can't leave the country
c) You have to actually get and stay in the country in the first place. (not too hard if visa-exempt)
d) Going nuts waiting and not being able to work.

Either way you select, I wish you the best of luck... Welcome to the mad-house.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
zardoz said:

a) No right of appeal
c) You have to actually get and stay in the country in the first place. (not too hard if visa-exempt)

(a) No right to appeal to IAD. You do have the right to file an Application for Leave and Judicial Review in Federal Court. The Court will only hear cases that present procedural or legal issues - they do not re-decide issues of fact. IAD hearings are de novo and will review factual decisions as well as new evidence. But an IAD appeal in Toronto can take 2.5 YEARS, so it's of dubious value in any case. A JR application can be done in 6-9 months. This is only of value if there are concerns about your application.

(b) That is NOT what the law says. The law says that you must be living in Canada with your sponsor. There is a risk that you will be refused re-entry. But that risk is actually quite low, especially after AIP has been granted. The general advice is "do not leave Canada" because of this risk, but you don't HAVE to stay in Canada and there are many reports of people leaving and returning successfully.

(d) You can always try to find work in Canada. For people from countries with bilateral trade agreements you may be eligible to work without an LMO - but it depends upon the job and the country. But without a work permit, you cannot legally accept employment in Canada.

larryUK

Star Member
Mar 13, 2012
zardoz said:

a) No right of appeal

Thanks well still weighing it up,

a) slight worry though would think pretty straightforward case, both clean records etc, sponsor ticks all the right boxes, relationship on going for several years with visits back and forth before finally getting hitched last month here last month, proper ceremony etc, stacks of photos over the years, no reason they can think it's not genuine.

b) True though having been through numerous seperations would be hard to leave, alone anyway, comfortable with staying here although hard knowing you can't leave at all and guess something could crop up back in the UK (eg death of someone close).

c) True though I am here now (visa exempt) with a VR valid until October and once the spousal sponsor PR application goes in makes things even easier to stay?

d) I know, kind of why I like the fact it seems possible to get an open work permit after 6 months inland, least could work here whilst the process is on going. Outland looking more like 12 months.

So guess I'm swaying towards inland though suppose I can file outland and still stay here? What about when it comes to renewing the VR does it make things easier once you get first stage approval (which is alot quicker outland).

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I was being simplistic..

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
I have a hypothetical question, which I hope will never be the case, but I would like to find out just in case.

I am a Canadian currently living in Russia with my same-sex fiancee. Russia has recently passed a law (it was first passed in my city last year) that bans any homosexual "propaganda", which includes anything that promotes social equality. Under the law, Russians are fined and foreigners are arrested and deported if caught. Unfortunately, my job is as a teacher, and I work with children. Therefore I could be arrested and deported, because just by being there, I am promoting the homosexual agenda to minors (according to the law, in actuality I am doing nothing of the sort.)

So my question is as follows, would I still be able to sponsor my spouse if I get deported back to Canada? I know that would make visiting other countries difficult, but would it stop me from being with my fiancee? We're having enough difficulties getting married, and I can't meet the common-law requirement because of Canadian bureaucracy.

Thanks.

meoh2595

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mosaab said:
hi everybody,

i am used to check my application 2-3 times weekly,

yesterday i seen this messages in the website, Can anyone explain it to me pleze , really i am worry now,

:( :(
what a sad news :-[ :-[

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
MilesAway said:
I have a hypothetical question, which I hope will never be the case, but I would like to find out just in case.

I am a Canadian currently living in Russia with my same-sex fiancee. Russia has recently passed a law (it was first passed in my city last year) that bans any homosexual "propaganda", which includes anything that promotes social equality. Under the law, Russians are fined and foreigners are arrested and deported if caught. Unfortunately, my job is as a teacher, and I work with children. Therefore I could be arrested and deported, because just by being there, I am promoting the homosexual agenda to minors (according to the law, in actuality I am doing nothing of the sort.)

So my question is as follows, would I still be able to sponsor my spouse if I get deported back to Canada? I know that would make visiting other countries difficult, but would it stop me from being with my fiancee? We're having enough difficulties getting married, and I can't meet the common-law requirement because of Canadian bureaucracy.

Thanks.
We have all heard the news. Putin is insane.

I'm no expert but maybe the thing to do in your situation is to get him a visitor visa to Canada. Then when you both are here go get married. You can then apply as a spousal sponsorship.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
This is actually a really complicated case. See http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/unable-to-get-married-and-unable-to-beprove-commonlaw-t139453.0.html
The only answer may be to keep your head down and try to get the required time to qualify for common-law. Just hope that nobody notices you.