Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
MilesAway said:
I have a hypothetical question, which I hope will never be the case, but I would like to find out just in case.

I am a Canadian currently living in Russia with my same-sex fiancee. Russia has recently passed a law (it was first passed in my city last year) that bans any homosexual "propaganda", which includes anything that promotes social equality. Under the law, Russians are fined and foreigners are arrested and deported if caught. Unfortunately, my job is as a teacher, and I work with children. Therefore I could be arrested and deported, because just by being there, I am promoting the homosexual agenda to minors (according to the law, in actuality I am doing nothing of the sort.)

So my question is as follows, would I still be able to sponsor my spouse if I get deported back to Canada? I know that would make visiting other countries difficult, but would it stop me from being with my fiancee? We're having enough difficulties getting married, and I can't meet the common-law requirement because of Canadian bureaucracy.

Thanks.
There should not be any issue. To be a bar to sponsorship it would (a) need to be a criminal offence in Canada; and (b) involve violence against family (as a general rule).

In general, the best location (for immigration purposes) for same sex couples to marry at the present time is Mexico - easiest to obtain visas and same sex marriage is legal in some Mexican states (notably Mexico city). I just checked, Mexico does require a visa for Russian passport holders - they are obtained electronically and are good for a visit of up to 180 days.

http://www.inm.gob.mx/index.php/page/Inicio_Autorizacion_Electronica/en.html

Canadians do not need to obtain a special visa to visit Mexico.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
CanadianJeepGuy said:
We have all heard the news. Putin is insane.

I'm no expert but maybe the thing to do in your situation is to get him a visitor visa to Canada. Then when you both are here go get married. You can then apply as a spousal sponsorship.
She's been refused a TRV on 4 separate occasions. I don't see the point in trying again, in fact, it would likely hurt us to try again.

Our plan is to get married in May, in Iceland. Financially, we can't afford to do it earlier. Our combined monthly salaries here work out to just over 2000$/month. However, we've now encountered another hurdle to overcome in getting married, which is the joy of getting a Certificate of No-Impediment to Marriage. I'll need to make 2 trips to Moscow for that, which is a giant pain, but possible. My partner may not be able to get one, as in order to do so, you must state who you are going to marry. I don't think the authorities are going to be enthusiastic about giving her the "permission" to marry. It may also draw attention to me, where the possible deportation comes into play.

Thanks for the note about Mexico, I'll check into the requirements there, in terms of documentation. That should give us 3 possible locations, Iceland, Argentina, and Mexico. I hope one of them works out, and we can eventually start a family in Canada. Because clearly that won't happen in Russia!

willis

Apr 29, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-1-2013
Doc's Request.
04-02-2014
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
File Transfer...
14-02-2013
Med's Request
04-02-2014- ReMed Request
Med's Done....
1st- 28-07-2012 2nd- 07-02-2014
Interview........
Nope
VISA ISSUED...
March 22 2014
LANDED..........
April 26 2014
Hey everyone!

Wanted to send in my details to add to the spreadsheet.

Outland Family Class- Spousal Sponsor for PM- Vienna Office

App sent- Jan 15 2013
App received- Jan 18 2013
Sponsorship Approval- Feb 14 2013

I dont have anything from Vienna itself...just the confirming letter from CIC stating they "forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing"....am I supposed to have confirmation from Vienna they received via an email (AOR stage 2?).....this seems like a long time for them to confirm receiving our package from Mississaugua.....

Permanent Residence Application Status online says the following:

Application Received

When I click on that it says:

We received X's application for permanent residence on January 18, 2013.

Medical results have been received.

Under the table it says the following:

IN
PROCESS
(A decision has not been made yet.)
Application Received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
We have received your application and will review it in order of receipt. We will send you an acknowledgement letter.

Documentation Verified by CIC
We are reviewing your application to make sure it is complete and that no documents are missing. We will return incomplete applications for resubmission.

An Interview May be Required
We will review the application and decide if an interview is necessary. If so, we will inform you in writing of the date, time and location of the interview.

DECISION
MADE
(A decision has been made at this point.)
Medical Results Received by CIC
We have received your medical results. We will contact you only if additional tests are needed.

Approval Status Determined
Your application will be either approved or rejected. We will inform you of the decision in writing.

Permanent Residence Status Determined
If your application is approved, we will send you your permanent resident documentation and a letter saying what we need to finalize your permanent residence.

I sent Vienna an email today to see if they HAVE ACTUALLY RECEIVED IT??? and where I am approximately at in the process....

Is Decision Made good at this point??

Please help me !!!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
This just means that the process has not yet started. It's the default setting if the medical results have been matched to the application.

willis

Apr 29, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-1-2013
Doc's Request.
04-02-2014
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
File Transfer...
14-02-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Nope
VISA ISSUED...
March 22 2014
LANDED..........
April 26 2014
So my question is I never got anything from Vienna directly confirming they received the transfer from Mississauga.

IS THIS A PROBLEM?

My assumption is this is called the AOR stage 2? I am just wondering, based on the spreadsheets, why everyone else gets it a few weeks later...and mine has been 4 MONTHS without any confirmation from Vienna.

I have the letter from CIC saying they sent to Vienna on Feb 14....but nothing sense.

Are we ok?

I sent an inquiry to Vienna today to see if I could get any response to help.

THANKS!!

willis

Apr 29, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-1-2013
Doc's Request.
04-02-2014
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
File Transfer...
14-02-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Nope
VISA ISSUED...
March 22 2014
LANDED..........
April 26 2014
What exactly does the AOR stage 2 entail? The last communication I got was from Mississauga (Feb 14 sponsor approval)

An email? A letter? To the sponsor or applicant?

Just starting to freak out as now I relize I have no confirmation Vienna has received and is working on the app.

Thanks!

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
willis said:
So my question is I never got anything from Vienna directly confirming they received the transfer from Mississauga.

IS THIS A PROBLEM?

My assumption is this is called the AOR stage 2? I am just wondering, based on the spreadsheets, why everyone else gets it a few weeks later...and mine has been 4 MONTHS without any confirmation from Vienna.

I have the letter from CIC saying they sent to Vienna on Feb 14....but nothing sense.

Are we ok?

I sent an inquiry to Vienna today to see if I could get any response to help.

THANKS!!
You won't get any confirmation from Vienna that they received your application. If you have not heard anything by the end of August you should order your GCMS notes. They are notes made by the immigration Officers working on your application. It will give you an idea of where they are in your process and if they have any problems with your application.

willis

Apr 29, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-1-2013
Doc's Request.
04-02-2014
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
File Transfer...
14-02-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Nope
VISA ISSUED...
March 22 2014
LANDED..........
April 26 2014
Thats good news we arent waiting for Vienna to send us a confirmation, because its been a while...

What exactly does the AOR stage 2 entail? The last communication I got was from Mississauga (Feb 14 sponsor approval)

I look at spreadsheets and everyone writes AOR Vienna a few weeks after the sponsorship approval....where are people getting these dates from? I have no idea of my date...

THANKS EVERYONE AND ANYONE!!

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
willis said:
Thats good news we arent waiting for Vienna to send us a confirmation, because its been a while...

I look at spreadsheets and everyone writes AOR Vienna a few weeks after the sponsorship approval....where are people getting these dates from? I have no idea of my date...

THANKS EVERYONE AND ANYONE!!
The next thing you will get is an email from CEV requesting PPR (unless Vienna is visa exempt) or your COPR I believe.

b4roness

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
New Police Cert. 11-02-2014
AOR Received.
Sponsor Approval 19-02-2014
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
January 22, 2015 - Vienna - FAILED - Appealing.
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
Hi all,

I'm in the same boat, Vienna will be my processing center for this prolonged mess. Does anyone know what the standard processing time is for Croatian citizens (or anyone for that matter, that's going through Vienna)?
I've heard mixed reviews on this. Last year it was 9 months max, now I hear 11 max. A family friend from Canada said it took his (much older) friends about 3.5 months after their application was sent to Vienna, to receive an approval. (This could be for numerous reasons- i.e. the married couple is older and has possibly been married for a while beforehand, outside Canada).

(P.S. I'm currently 'stranded' in Croatia... going to file at the end of June.... =( any additional info pertaining to Vienna offices and additional processing info would be a HUGE help. Thanks in advance, and good luck everyone!)

Angie

=)

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
b4roness said:
Hi all,

I'm in the same boat, Vienna will be my processing center for this prolonged mess. Does anyone know what the standard processing time is for Croatian citizens (or anyone for that matter, that's going through Vienna)?
I've heard mixed reviews on this. Last year it was 9 months max, now I hear 11 max. A family friend from Canada said it took his (much older) friends about 3.5 months after their application was sent to Vienna, to receive an approval. (This could be for numerous reasons- i.e. the married couple is older and has possibly been married for a while beforehand, outside Canada).

(P.S. I'm currently 'stranded' in Croatia... going to file at the end of June.... =( any additional info pertaining to Vienna offices and additional processing info would be a HUGE help. Thanks in advance, and good luck everyone!)

Angie

=)
The CIC website says 11 months. Its too early to tell at this point how much the labour action will affect processing times but for sure they will have a greater affect on applications filed later.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
b4roness said:
Hi all,

Angie

=)
The processing time on the website is updated quarterly. In my time dealing with CIC my office has been 12 months, 13 months, and back to 12 months.

That processing time posted really means: 80% of all complete applications are processed in X months or less. So basically, the large majority are done in that amount of time or less. Usually, it's the people that require an interview that make up the upper 20%, but not always. (There are few other reasons, but I won't bore you.) This also means, even if your published time is 11 months, you could be finished in 4, 5, 7, 9, etc months. I've heard of people getting processed as fast as 3 months through my VO (Ottawa) despite being posted for 12/13 months.

It's kind of a fun guessing game. Not really, unless you're one of the lucky few who get processed insanely fast.

The strike will probably throw a monkey wrench in the process, even if it's short. There's already enough of a backlog at many offices and this will add to the pile. Some people may decide to wait out the strike to apply, but many people don't have that option. Visitors can say "We can visit Canada next year!" whereas you aren't going to hear any Family Class applicant proclaim, "Oh, we can live apart another year! It doesn't bother us." No, you definitely won't hear that. ::) :p

Rupan

Star Member
Apr 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
AOR Received.
20-02-2013
File Transfer...
21-02-2013
Med's Done....
06-01-2013
Passport Req..
09-03-2013
Hello Leon,
I have one question regarding spousal visa. How second stage of visa processed, I mean How Delhi Embassy check the cases. I am Jan Applicant, I submitted my passport on 9th March. On that still waiting. I saw some of Jan applicant who applied on 21st Jan got their DM but who applied before 21st jan, havenot got any DM. My basic question is How they revie the files according to date, surname, pcc or etc.. Could you please let me know if you have any idea regarding that.. I shall be very thank ful to you.

gurnam21

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
Doc's Request.
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
15-07-2012
Passport Req..
01-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21st june 2013
LANDED..........
soooooon
Rupan said:
Hello Leon,
I have one question regarding spousal visa. How second stage of visa processed, I mean How Delhi Embassy check the cases. I am Jan Applicant, I submitted my passport on 9th March. On that still waiting. I saw some of Jan applicant who applied on 21st Jan got their DM but who applied before 21st jan, havenot got any DM. My basic question is How they revie the files according to date, surname, pcc or etc.. Could you please let me know if you have any idea regarding that.. I shall be very thank ful to you.

[@ Rupan... I am new to this forum and on a same boat. I sent my passport on 2nd Apr 2013 and ND received it on 4th Apr. Till then there is no news from them. E-cas also has same information " In Process" . My lawyer said that it takes 2-3 months to get your PP back but after going through the messages of other friends it seems it may takes more than 3 months. Dont know what cic is doing with our files? keep sharing. Wish you all the best]

Baby1990

Star Member
Oct 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there
Is anyone know about cic new strike, is that gonna effect applications. I just submitted my husband appl 15 days before n now going to apply for him post grad work permit n dont know what happen.
And one more ques, is he needs to show my pr card for work permit. I nvr heard this before but he said now its on website.
Plz reply.

N thnx