Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014
tink23 said:
So, winx28, you'll be landing in Vancouver and not settling in Quebec at all before moving to British Columbia?
Tough call regarding needing the Quebec part of the application or not... On all the paperwork your husband will show his residence as being in Quebec, correct? So because of that they might require u to go through the specific Quebec part of the application as well and paying the fee and getting the okay from Quebec.... But if he can show proof of where you're going to live in Vancouver maybe he won't need to.... Hmmmm, I don't know. I would say because of his current residence and the fact that he won't be living in Vancouver until you land as a PR (Or will he be moving before you land??? That might make it easier...) I would say it's probably better to go through the Quebec portion.... but an expert or someone with experience in this matter might be better equipped to answer... I don't think the problem will lie in Vancouver, the probably could like with Quebec because the fact that they have an additional part of an application/fee for its residence to pay from the rest of Canada is strange and if they think someone is wanting to live in the province they might be a stickler for that part of the application and fee...
Very true cause if your going to be living in Quebec its like living in another country and they have different laws from the rest of Canada.

blondie1216

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012 received 26-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
11-25-2011 extension requested from IO 11-20-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
January 14th, 2013 Decision Made!
LANDED..........
In a minute!
canadian parrot said:
hey guys I have sent my application from Canada on sept.2011 but my husband didn't get any response from the Canadian embassy in Sri Lanka . can anyone tell me what's going on.

thanks a million.
Where did you send the application? to your visa office or to mississauga?

scottandlisag

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O---> Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
File Transfer...
10-07-2012
Med's Request
20-06-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Passport Req..
19-11-2012
LANDED..........
14-12-2012 <3
computergeek said:
For applicants coming from the US, the usual order is that the sponsor receives approval in 3-4 months (many are approved right away, but if there are questions it takes longer. In my case it required 3.5 months for sponsor approval, which made me happy because of our particular circumstances.) Generally, the US visa offices do not send an acknowledgment of receipt. Often the next thing you hear is from the visa office requesting your passport (or copies of the passport pages).

Using the open data project the numbers for Buffalo, applications for spouses indicate that 20% of applications are completed in 5 months, 50% of applications are completed in 8 months and 80% of applications are completed in 12 months (these are not identical to the values posted on the website, because I have used the "spouses" category not the "spouses and children" category).

So, that would suggest 8 months would be a very fast response time (3 months for sponsor plus 5 months for applicant) with 11 months being more typical (the 50% number). If there are any issues, you should be prepared for something closer to 15 months.
Thanks so much for that info!! That is exactly what I was looking for... It looks like our situations are similar :)
Any time is long... and I'm waiting patiently and fingers crossed for everyone ;)

zeronine

Jul 23, 2012
So we arrived here in Toronto from Manila last March 2012.

But here's my situation:

My girlfriend and I had a baby 2 weeks before our flight, I am planning to marry her next year. I did not inform Canadian Embassy about my son. I know I can get my future wife here, but how about my son?

Thanks!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zeronine said:

But here's my situation:

My girlfriend and I had a baby 2 weeks before our flight, I am planning to marry her next year. I did not inform Canadian Embassy about my son. I know I can get my future wife here, but how about my son?
Please explain who is "we" and by "arrived", you mean you landed as a PR? If your PR visa was issued before your son was born and you landed as a PR after he was born, then you are in trouble. Landing without declaring your son means you committed misrepresentation. It also means you will never be able to sponsor your son for PR. You could however sponsor your girlfriend once you marry her. You would list the son on the application as not accompanying for the time being.

I am not sure what immigration will do when they see that you already had a son when you landed as a PR and did not include him. At worst, they could revoke your PR and you end up back in home country with your girlfriend and child. At best, they don't bother with it and let you sponsor your wife for PR. After she gets her PR, she can apply to sponsor your son.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
zeronine said:

But here's my situation:

Thanks!
Timing is everything. When was your landing date (that is, when exactly did you become a PR of Canada.) If it was after your son was born, you will need to find a good immigration attorney because you've created a difficult situation and at best you are now forced into the quagmire of H&C applications. if your son was born AFTER you became a permanent resident, then you will need to sponsor him. This is generally a fairly straight-forward process for babies as there is minimal work to be done by the visa office.

Also, were you living with your girlfriend for one year or more prior to your landing in Canada? If so, you have the same problem as we're discussing with your son - you were obligated to disclose her (as your common-law partner) and a failure to do so means you are barred from sponsoring her ever in the future (with the one narrow loophole of H&C considerations).

This seems to be a common misconception because of cultural and social differences. Canada recognizes a legal relationship between two people who have been living together (as a couple) for at least one year. Even if you aren't used to thinking of this as a legal relationship (because only marriage counts in your social and cultural circumstances) it makes no difference - you must adhere to the laws of Canada.

So, to give you a better answer, we'd need to know when you landed in Canada, when you and your girlfriend started living together, and when your son was born.

Azsereth

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
20-06-2011
Zeronine, are you a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Azsereth said:
Zeronine, are you a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen?
LOL. Good point. None of the previous analysis matters if he's Canadian already. If he is a first generation Canadian (born in Canada or naturalized) then his son is also a Canadian Citizen and only the girl friend would need to be sponsored.

zeronine

Jul 23, 2012
Hey guys. Thank you for the substantial replies.
To answer your questions:

We, meaning, me, my older sister and my father were sponsored by my Mom, we arrived here around March 2012. Our visa arrived around November 2011, and my son, was born March 2012 (exactly 2 weeks) before our flight.

My girlfriend lived in our house in Manila for 9 months.

So am I in a huge trouble. I guess so.

Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
zeronine said:
Hey guys. Thank you for the substantial replies.
To answer your questions:

We, meaning, me, my older sister and my father were sponsored by my Mom, we arrived here around March 2012. Our visa arrived around November 2011, and my son, was born March 2012 (exactly 2 weeks) before our flight.

My girlfriend lived in our house in Manila for 9 months.

So am I in a huge trouble. I guess so.

Thanks!
Yes - you have a huge problem on your hands. Two main issues:

1) Because you failed to declare your son you can never sponsor him.
2) Because you failed to declare your son you committed misrepresentation when you landed. Misrepresentation can result in having your PR status revoked.

I would find a good immigration attorney and get a consultation on your next steps.

manispreet

Jul 9, 2012
San Francisco
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa -> LA (may be)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
25-07-2012
Med's Request
09-07-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
Passport Req..
10-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2012
LANDED..........
Christmas 2012
Hello Guys

I am working in US and married a Canadian citizen last year. She filled for my PR as Outland to Buffalo, NY this March 31 2012 and file was received on April 4, 2012. I got my AOR July 9, 2012 from Ottawa office

Then I got an email to send my medicals which I completed on July 20, 2012.

Few questions:

1. Going by trends, any idea how long will it take for my PR to arrive?
2. My FBI background check was done last year October, 2012. Do I need to do my FBI background check again if my PR doesn't come in time?
3. What will be the next few steps in this immigration process?

Thank You

rocris

May 26, 2012
need some help ... i am about to fii out my application form imm 1344 they were asking for UCI/Client ID dont know what to put i am a naturalized citizen now . i know i had a client id when i was still working under live in care proram but it has been 15 years ago. didnt even have it ...what do i have to do? waiting for your response....thank you

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
rocris said:
need some help ... i am about to fii out my application form imm 1344 they were asking for UCI/Client ID dont know what to put i am a naturalized citizen now . i know i had a client id when i was still working under live in care proram but it has been 15 years ago. didnt even have it ...what do i have to do? waiting for your response....thank you
If you're unsure of it and can't find it just leave it blank. They will fill it with the number when they find it in their system. We left it blank when making a 2nd visitor visa application after being granted the first one.... the UCI was actually on the visa in the passport, but there were so many numbers that we weren't sure which one was UCI number so left it blank. Wasn't an issue in the least.

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014
tink23 said:
If you're unsure of it and can't find it just leave it blank. They will fill it with the number when they find it in their system. We left it blank when making a 2nd visitor visa application after being granted the first one.... the UCI was actually on the visa in the passport, but there were so many numbers that we weren't sure which one was UCI number so left it blank. Wasn't an issue in the least.
[/quote
The UCI # is when you send it in and they process the application when your approved to sponsor or its the receipt # from money order or certified checque.