+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

rocris

May 26, 2012
it is me again!! is it ok if we use handwritten to fill out the application or do we really need to fill out on line to get the bar code ?.he is not familiarize to use the on line ..thanks again

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
rocris said:
it is me again!! is it ok if we use handwritten to fill out the application or do we really need to fill out on line to get the bar code ?.he is not familiarize to use the on line ..thanks again
Certain ones need to be online. If you see a "Validate" button, then it has to be done online.

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
Ok I am also putting this message here as I am freaking out for an answr.

So it turns out I filled the ADDITIONAL FAMILY MEMBERS IMM5406 incorrectly....

I only had my name in there as I misinterpreted the form as being for accompanying family members.... stupid!

I submitted my application July 11, so will still have a long wait before receiving AOR.

My question is, should I fill out the form and resend, stating my partner's and my information for them to match up, or should I wait until someone contacts me? I don't want to get into trouble for misrepresentation, and also don't want to confuse the people receiving my application if they can't match up my documents at this early stage.
Anyone with any helpful advice???
Any advice appreciated!!

And here I thought everything was sorted.... arghghghg....

yce

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
good day everyone! I just wanna share my situation at the same time worries.... I wanna know some opinions from those experienced here in forum. I and my boyfriend is planning to get married early next year by February 2013 and after that we will be filing an application for Spousal Visa. My questions are:

1. Can we file the Spousal Visa Application right after the wedding?

2. Is it a big red flag with our application that it will be our first meeting, his first visit in Philippines and will be getting married on that span of time?

3. I and my boyfriend starts to be friend and chatted last Dec. 2011 and start our relationship last March 2012. We had a lot of chat logs, emails and screen shots while were chatting (as he loved taking pictures with us) :). We are planning to have a Civil Wedding and spend our honeymoon outside Philippines. Are those pictures with his first visit, first meeting at the same time and in our wedding, honeymoon will be enough to prove that our relationship is genuine including the boarding passes, tickets and receipts from our honeymoon? For every ones information, I am a Filipina-27 y/o and my boyfriend is Canadian- 30 y/o... I am currently working here abroad and will be going back to Philippines for us to get married and stay in Phils. while we are processing our application for spousal visa.

I would appreciate those people who can advise us with our situation... I know this will be too early to worry, but we wanna know as early as now if we will be needing to have our Plan B for us to be together.

God Bless everyone!

chelseaviel

Dec 15, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 04, 2012
Doc's Request.
addt'l docs sent on Jan. 11 and recv'd by CEM on Jan. 14 2nd addt'l docs reqt'd on Feb 26,2013 sent on March 21 recv'd on March 22,2013
AOR Received.
July 31,2012
File Transfer...
Aug.13, 2012...in-process June 7, 2013...DM July 11, 2013
Med's Request
May 09, 2013 (remed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 31, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 03, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 19, 2013
LANDED..........
August 09, 2013
Hello guys! Just want to ask if I want to check for the status of my application on ECAS will it be ok if I just use the receipt no. (IMM 5401)? Will they be sending us File no. first before we will be able to check the status? My husband doesn't have UCI since he a natural born canadian.

Thanks!

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
bagelbagel81 said:
Ok I am also putting this message here as I am freaking out for an answr.

So it turns out I filled the ADDITIONAL FAMILY MEMBERS IMM5406 incorrectly....

I only had my name in there as I misinterpreted the form as being for accompanying family members.... stupid!

I submitted my application July 11, so will still have a long wait before receiving AOR.

My question is, should I fill out the form and resend, stating my partner's and my information for them to match up, or should I wait until someone contacts me? I don't want to get into trouble for misrepresentation, and also don't want to confuse the people receiving my application if they can't match up my documents at this early stage.
Anyone with any helpful advice???
Any advice appreciated!!

And here I thought everything was sorted.... arghghghg....
I didn't HAVE it lol. And didn't realize it until someone told me here. I would just call CIC and let them know. They might tell you to send to CIC-M or CIC-O :)

Zion786

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
Hi all,

I am a refugee claimant.I filed for refugee in sep 2010. In April 2011, I got married to a canadian citizen. and submitted my spousal application a few months later from Montreal.They received my application on Nov 14th 2011.It started being processed on jan 27th 2012. I got my CSQ very quickly, and the federal government ask me to send my fingerprints, which I did also. It has been 4 months since the last correspondence with CIC. Just one month ago I went to my refugee hearing.My claim was denied and I have appealed the decision.Will this lengthen my sponsorship process, or does this mean that I will definitely be required to go for an interview to prove that the marriage is legitimate?.I sent all the necessary prove of the marrage. Pictures of us hanging out, pictures of the marrage, my wifes whole family and extended family was there,pictures of our honey moon,receipts from the wedding, hotel receipts from the honey moon,pictures of my wifes family visiting us in montreal,pictures of my family visiting us,joint leases,joint account statements,bills,hydro,phone,internet etc.Wife is from New Brunswick, and that where the marriage was held.Also I have conditional discharge, but from what I hear thats not a conviction, so it doesnt matter.

So, Im definately going to have an interview?

Will the process be long now because of my refugee claim and conditional discharge?

sorry for the long post, but im nervous.....PLEASE HELP!

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
parker24 said:
I didn't HAVE it lol. And didn't realize it until someone told me here. I would just call CIC and let them know. They might tell you to send to CIC-M or CIC-O :)
Thanks again! I will definitely try calling first :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Zion786 said:
So, Im definately going to have an interview?

Will the process be long now because of my refugee claim and conditional discharge?
You are justifiably nervous. Anyone looking at your case is going to give it heightened scrutiny. However, you have some positive factors in your favour:

- you have strong documentary evidence that the relationship is genuine.
- you were married before your refusal (it looks much weaker if you are married AFTER the rejection).

You don't mention if you applied inland or outland, but I'm assuming in your circumstances you would apply inland (since you wouldn't go back to your country for an interview, presumably, since a refugee claim suggests you would suffer irreparable harm by returning). In that case, it would seem you would want to drag out the refugee process as much as possible (since as long as it is still a pending matter, you shouldn't be subject to removal.) The first stage of such application processing takes approximately a year (approval of the sponsor). If they have doubts about the legitimacy of your relationship, they will schedule you for an interview.

Of course, nobody on this forum can tell you definitively if they are going to ask you for an interview. Given the circumstances I'd think it is a distinct possibility, but it's certainly not guaranteed because as you noted you submitted considerable evidence. They may still doubt your sincerity with respect to the marriage, however, even if they think your wife and her family believe it is legitimate - there have been too many suspect cases in which the Canadian spouse thinks the relationship is genuine. On the other hand, with the new five year sponsorship ban (so even if your relationship were to dissolve, you would be banned from sponsoring anyone for five years after you gain PR) and the pending two year relationship test (so that your relationship must last at least two years past the point you gain PR - but this is pending and has not yet been finalized) there is an argument against that perspective in any case.

Sadly, you are stuck waiting. I'd suggest you think about the likelihood of an interview. Begin collecting additional information about your lives together. Go over the interview questions, etc. Be as prepared as possible, so that if you are required to do an interview, you will be ready. The only other thing you can do is wait.

mehdiR

Jan 3, 2012
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello everyone

I 've applied back in december 2011 to sponsor my wife. We live together in Iran for the past 4 years and we got a daughter who is 2 now . well as u know she is a citizen automatically.
1-Is she considered a dependent child ?
2-Do we need to get medical for her as well.?
3-Does anyone of you have the IMM 1017(05-2010) , the medical report : section A
all I could find was the IMM 1017 ( 05- 2004 ) from the cic website.
the form I 'm looking for has a box for UCI # and appl . #on top right side .
I rather take the first form to the dr. . It is the form that embassy sends out to applicants recently.

my wife's application is in process since march. and her first medical expired just a week ago.

thanks

Zion786

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
computergeek said:
You are justifiably nervous. Anyone looking at your case is going to give it heightened scrutiny. However, you have some positive factors in your favour:

- you have strong documentary evidence that the relationship is genuine.
- you were married before your refusal (it looks much weaker if you are married AFTER the rejection).

You don't mention if you applied inland or outland, but I'm assuming in your circumstances you would apply inland (since you wouldn't go back to your country for an interview, presumably, since a refugee claim suggests you would suffer irreparable harm by returning). In that case, it would seem you would want to drag out the refugee process as much as possible (since as long as it is still a pending matter, you shouldn't be subject to removal.) The first stage of such application processing takes approximately a year (approval of the sponsor). If they have doubts about the legitimacy of your relationship, they will schedule you for an interview.

Of course, nobody on this forum can tell you definitively if they are going to ask you for an interview. Given the circumstances I'd think it is a distinct possibility, but it's certainly not guaranteed because as you noted you submitted considerable evidence. They may still doubt your sincerity with respect to the marriage, however, even if they think your wife and her family believe it is legitimate - there have been too many suspect cases in which the Canadian spouse thinks the relationship is genuine. On the other hand, with the new five year sponsorship ban (so even if your relationship were to dissolve, you would be banned from sponsoring anyone for five years after you gain PR) and the pending two year relationship test (so that your relationship must last at least two years past the point you gain PR - but this is pending and has not yet been finalized) there is an argument against that perspective in any case.

Sadly, you are stuck waiting. I'd suggest you think about the likelihood of an interview. Begin collecting additional information about your lives together. Go over the interview questions, etc. Be as prepared as possible, so that if you are required to do an interview, you will be ready. The only other thing you can do is wait.
Thankyou so much for your reply...it is greatly appreciated.You are absolutely right.Ill start gathering information right away for the interview...I better play it safe.I really appreciate the detailed reply

Cheers!

quietloud

Jul 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2012
AOR Received.
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
23-07-2012
Hi guys!

My application package is almost ready, yay! I have two more questions (applying outland).
1) We got married in Toronto, do I send in the original marriage certificate, a copy or a notarized copy?
2) I'm in Canada on a Working Holiday visa and I have to send in a copy of that - do I have to get the copy notarized?

fbee

Oct 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2012
AOR Received.
27-09-2012
File Transfer...
05-10-2012
I'm in the process of getting all the paperwork in order. My fiancee and I are going to be applying outland.

Here's our scenario, can anyone let me know if I've got things right or if I need to rethink stuff:

1) Civil marriage (to get the marriage license early) on Aug. 6
2) Pay fees and submit outland application to Mississauga office for processing
3) Church marriage on Sept. 7
4) Honeymoon in States for a week and return to Canada on Sept 14

What kind of problems can I expect at the border when we're crossing back after our honeymoon? Does the Mississauga office forward paperwork automatically after they're done with it?