+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

heavyheartman

Jul 16, 2012
Hello everyone,

Here are the stats of my wife's Application:

Submitted July 12, 2011

Sponsor approved Sept 2011

File sent to Singapore along with medicals and police certs - Has said Application Received July 12,2011 ever since :( MP is currently making an inquiry...should have info next week

On E-CAS as of today ( July 16th 2012) all it still says is "application received" along with my wife's correct mailing address. I don't understand the delays at all. I see other applicants who sent their Application much later than my wife's and now they already have their Visa!? How can this be? Our application was very thorough, organized and factual. We got married April 2011 and I stayed in Cambodia 4 weeks (wife is Cambodian)...my mother also stayed for this duration. I went back 2nd visit Dec 2011 for 3 weeks and recently came back from visit #3 this June 2012 for 3 weeks. The Visa office is well aware of all this as all supporting documents were included with Application, i.e. photos, passport copies, plane ticket stubs, hundreds of emails, hundreds of used phone cards, western union receipts, gift receipts, cards, hotel receipts, and over 20 statutory declarations from recognized professionals ( i.e. doctors, lawyers, accountants, engineers, Phd's etc) all confirming that the relationship is continuing and genuine.

Before sending the application, it was reviewed by one of the top Immigration Lawyers in the city. She commented that it was one of the best applications she had seen, that the evidence supporting the genuineness of the relationship was over whelming. Oh, I also sent an updated package in February 2012 consisting of supporting documents confirming relationship genuineness i.e. emails, more used phone cards, photos, western union receipts, gift receipts, cards, etc.

This past March my wife with the hopes of expediting her case, proactively did another medical and got another up to date police record check and sent them both to Singapore. They never requested either, it was on her own accord. I realize that it's entirely up to them whether or not to accept them....but you would think that they would if it was already done? To save time?

Does our waiting timeline seem normal to everyone? I just keep seeing all these timelines which much faster response than what my wife is seeing on her own case......should we be worried? This has been such an emotional roller coaster......it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel......... I would like to think that the Application we submitted was extremely thorough and obviously genuine to any who would glance at it........all we want to see are those magical 2 words "In Process" and then the infamous passport request!:)

Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
quietloud said:
Hi guys!

My application package is almost ready, yay! I have two more questions (applying outland).
1) We got married in Toronto, do I send in the original marriage certificate, a copy or a notarized copy?
2) I'm in Canada on a Working Holiday visa and I have to send in a copy of that - do I have to get the copy notarized?
Just a plain copy for both from my understanding! :)

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
fbee said:
I'm in the process of getting all the paperwork in order. My fiancee and I are going to be applying outland.

Here's our scenario, can anyone let me know if I've got things right or if I need to rethink stuff:

1) Civil marriage (to get the marriage license early) on Aug. 6
2) Pay fees and submit outland application to Mississauga office for processing
3) Church marriage on Sept. 7
4) Honeymoon in States for a week and return to Canada on Sept 14

What kind of problems can I expect at the border when we're crossing back after our honeymoon? Does the Mississauga office forward paperwork automatically after they're done with it?
Depends on which border. But you should be okay if you bring with you the receipt of the fees you paid and possibly a copy of the application :) Good luck and congrats!

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
heavyheartman said:
Hello everyone,

Here are the stats of my wife's Application:

Submitted July 12, 2011

Sponsor approved Sept 2011

File sent to Singapore along with medicals and police certs - Has said Application Received July 12,2011 ever since :( MP is currently making an inquiry...should have info next week

On E-CAS as of today ( July 16th 2012) all it still says is "application received" along with my wife's correct mailing address. I don't understand the delays at all. I see other applicants who sent their Application much later than my wife's and now they already have their Visa!? How can this be? Our application was very thorough, organized and factual. We got married April 2011 and I stayed in Cambodia 4 weeks (wife is Cambodian)...my mother also stayed for this duration. I went back 2nd visit Dec 2011 for 3 weeks and recently came back from visit #3 this June 2012 for 3 weeks. The Visa office is well aware of all this as all supporting documents were included with Application, i.e. photos, passport copies, plane ticket stubs, hundreds of emails, hundreds of used phone cards, western union receipts, gift receipts, cards, hotel receipts, and over 20 statutory declarations from recognized professionals ( i.e. doctors, lawyers, accountants, engineers, Phd's etc) all confirming that the relationship is continuing and genuine.

Before sending the application, it was reviewed by one of the top Immigration Lawyers in the city. She commented that it was one of the best applications she had seen, that the evidence supporting the genuineness of the relationship was over whelming. Oh, I also sent an updated package in February 2012 consisting of supporting documents confirming relationship genuineness i.e. emails, more used phone cards, photos, western union receipts, gift receipts, cards, etc.

This past March my wife with the hopes of expediting her case, proactively did another medical and got another up to date police record check and sent them both to Singapore. They never requested either, it was on her own accord. I realize that it's entirely up to them whether or not to accept them....but you would think that they would if it was already done? To save time?

Does our waiting timeline seem normal to everyone? I just keep seeing all these timelines which much faster response than what my wife is seeing on her own case......should we be worried? This has been such an emotional roller coaster......it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel......... I would like to think that the Application we submitted was extremely thorough and obviously genuine to any who would glance at it........all we want to see are those magical 2 words "In Process" and then the infamous passport request!:)

Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated
Singapore averages 21 months, sadly you are right in the middle so even your MP is going to get the "it's normal, just be patient and wait" line. :(

markym

Jul 17, 2012
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-26-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
my mother's middle name (maiden name) has a clerical error on my birth certificate, it is "mamOyac" but should be "mamUyac" which is spelled correctly on our marriage certificate. should i change first my birth certificate before my spouse can submit our application forms? or is it okay to submit even though MY MOTHER'S MIDDLE NAME (maiden name) appeared as "MAMOYAC" to my birth certificate and "MAMUYAC" on my marriage certificate. PLEASE HELP. THANK YOU!

markym

Jul 17, 2012
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-26-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
my mother's middle name (maiden name) has a clerical error on my birth certificate, it is "mamOyac" but should be "mamUyac" which is spelled correctly on our marriage certificate. should i change first my birth certificate before my spouse can submit our application forms? or is it okay to submit even though MY MOTHER'S MIDDLE NAME (maiden name) appeared as "MAMOYAC" to my birth certificate and "MAMUYAC" on my marriage certificate. PLEASE HELP. THANK YOU!

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014
markym said:
If all the others are in her correct name maybe this a error on their part. Why not try to contact them first then maybe someone here can guide you further. This happens all the time,

Lasiar

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
Doc's Request.
02-22-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-15-2011
Med's Request
medical extension 07-06-12 request sent by VO
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 16-08-12
Parker24, or any members that know anything about the medical extensions? we are going on 6weeks for when it was requested and the IO said it would be 2-3 weeks... sighs. cant seem to find anything defninate anywhere.... they still have his PP (since may 22/12) also sitting on some IO's desk in detroit. I'm probably looking for an answer that isn't there.

thanks
Lasiar

Jizzy701

Jul 17, 2012
Hi im completing the spousal sponsorship form, my wife lives outside Canada and it is impossible to get mail to her in here country. so in order to get signatures from her i scan the papers and have her sign it. She scans and sends it back to me is this cool? or are they gonna make a big stink about it?

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Jizzy701 said:
Hi im completing the spousal sponsorship form, my wife lives outside Canada and it is impossible to get mail to her in here country. so in order to get signatures from her i scan the papers and have her sign it. She scans and sends it back to me is this cool? or are they gonna make a big stink about it?
original signatures......sorry...

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Lasiar said:
Parker24, do you know anything about the medical extensions? we are going on 6weeks for when it was requested and the IO said it would be 2-3 weeks... sighs. cant seem to find anything defninate anywhere.... they still have his PP also sitting on some IO's desk in detroit.

thanks
Lasiar
Sadly, no I don't. But I just asked my friend (Who's husband is now applying for citizenship) She mentioned that when they did their second medical it apparently took 2 months just to get to Buffalo ::) I guess Canada Post and CIC are working together...slowly.

Lasiar

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
Doc's Request.
02-22-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-15-2011
Med's Request
medical extension 07-06-12 request sent by VO
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 16-08-12
parker24 said:
Sadly, no I don't. But I just asked my friend (Who's husband is now applying for citizenship) She mentioned that when they did their second medical it apparently took 2 months just to get to Buffalo ::) I guess Canada Post and CIC are working together...slowly.
aww really, this is just eating me up. Thanks Parker

oh I should mention, that his PP is sitting on the IO desk in detroit in and express post postage paid over night return evelope waiting for all his documentation to be sent to him.. sighs....

Hemi

Jul 14, 2012
hi everybody..its me again..i had passport request.from CEM visa office together with the additional req..i sent my package to visa section level 6 tower 2 rcbc plaza 6819 ayala avenue makati city. using LBC...was received next day by Sg beronia...but i forgot to write canadian embassy on the address..do you think my passport and my documents has gone to the right address for canadian visa processing?please advice!i really appreciate your reply..thank you

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Jizzy701 said:
so if she signs the copies and mails them back is that cool then there 2 legit signatures
yes..