+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

hardik1987

Apr 6, 2015
Dear Friends,

Need your advice and support.

I am a Canadian PR currently working in the UAE.
I got married after my soft landing but havent applied for spouse PR as I understand that one needs to be within Canada to apply for it.

I hope this information is correct.

Now, I have the following questions -

1.Can I put in her PR file and then leave Canada ?
2.Can I apply for a TRV or open work permit for her once I finally land here ?

Because PR takes close to a year and I want her to come ASAP and not wait for the PR to be granted.
Meantime can she come here ? If yes then how and on what visa ?

Thank you.

MosesB

Feb 20, 2017
Hello everyone

I have a question which I am hoping to have answered here. I have a spouse I am sponsoring via the outland route. Currently she is staying in a country which is not of her citizenship, but doing so illegally. She has no status in the country she's currently residing in but that country is the one with the Canadian embassy that serves the people of her nationality for permanent residence applications. We have stated this fact in the application package repeatedly and made no attempt to hide it. Just recently, we were asked to provide documentary proof of her immigration/residence status in the country. The questions I have are (a) will the fact that she is staying illegally in another country be detrimental to her application, (b) what kind of proof can we furnish, and (c) why would they want to know what kind of status she has in the country.

Please kindly help.

Thank you

MosesB

Harry Sharma

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2016
File Transfer...
26-08-2016
Med's Done....
24-05-2016
0jenifer0 said:

Hi Harry Sharma,

DM means your waiting is over, sometimes they do send email updates but during my time I didn't get any email from my VO. Well Congrats though, all you have to do is to wait for your Passport with Visa and COPR and your other proofs to come back like my friends got theirs. But in my case before I never got my proofs back CONGRATS AGAIN...!!!

Thanks for you response. Actually I didn't submit my passport at the time of application submission. My representative told me that they will ask for it so that is why i am waiting for the email or any update from last 8 days

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hardik1987 said:
1.Can I put in her PR file and then leave Canada ?
2.Can I apply for a TRV or open work permit for her once I finally land here ?

Because PR takes close to a year and I want her to come ASAP and not wait for the PR to be granted.
Meantime can she come here ? If yes then how and on what visa ?
1. No. You are required to be in Canada while the app is processing. You may leave for a few weeks during the process but anything more than that and you risk the application.

2. She can apply for a TRV but will not qualify for a work permit.

With a PR spouse in Canada, chances are low that she will be approved for a TRV. You need to be prepared to be apart during the sponsorship process.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
jbm said:
I understand, so why does it take the PA process so long to approve? You'd think the SA would be the focus.
Why would you think that? SA simply evaluates the sponsor eligibility: welfare, bankruptcy, default, criminality etc. As these are all checks done with Canadian agencies, it is pretty simple for IRCC.

Everything else is processed at the VO: genuineness of the relationship, verification of documents, security/background checks etc. Some checks require the cooperation of other countries, so delays can happen while these other countries process the requests.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
MosesB said:
The questions I have are (a) will the fact that she is staying illegally in another country be detrimental to her application, (b) what kind of proof can we furnish, and (c) why would they want to know what kind of status she has in the country.
a. It is not cause for refusal but is cause for further investigation into the genuineness of the relationship.

b. Provide her original entry proof and a letter than she has overstayed.

c. A person who has failed to respect the immigration laws of another country may not respect the laws of Canada and may have more desire to come to Canada by any means necessary, including marriage fraud.

hmt411

Feb 20, 2017
Just wondering if anyone can help me with this case below.. Thanks..

hmt411 said:
Hello everyone,

I have a rather unique situation. I have looked for a case like mine but haven't found it yet. I hope someone can help me with some info/answer. Here's my situation:

My wife is a Canadian citizen (naturalized outside Canada by her parents, long time ago). She is currently living outside Canada with me and our child (as a resident, not on any kind of Visa). As a matter of fact, she has never really lived in Canada, the longest she's been in Canada was 8 months I think.

She wants to sponsor me and our child to become a PR. At first we thought of doing it from outside Canada, but we changed our mind and want to do it from within Canada. We are now planning to move and live in Canada this year. We are planning to sell our stuff here and start fresh in Canada. My son and I are going on a visitor visa, and she will be using her Canadian passport to enter Canada. We will start the inland Spousal Sponsorship application within 2 or 3 months after we arrive there.

The big question is, what should her answer be to the "are you a Canadian living exclusively outside Canada" question? She is currently living outside Canada. But at the time of submitting the application, she will be living in Canada.

But the thing is, the immigration can find out that she has no record of living in Canada. She has no school history, no tax history, no work record in Canada, no ID or driving license. All she has is Canadian passport, citizenship card, SIN card, and a bank account with some money in it (from 10 years ago). All her employment records will be outside Canada.

We are thinking of answering NO to that question because she will apply for a job, an ID card and driver license once we're there. But we're not too sure if living for only 3 months in Canada can be considered living/residing in Canada.

Thoughts?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hmt411 said:
The big question is, what should her answer be to the "are you a Canadian living exclusively outside Canada" question? She is currently living outside Canada. But at the time of submitting the application, she will be living in Canada.
If she is living in Canada when applying, then obviously the answer is "No".

calgary2017

May 15, 2016
Madrid
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-3-2016
AOR Received.
17-4-2016
File Transfer...
17-05-2016
Med's Done....
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
21-09-2016 DM
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2016 COPR
Hi All,

we are moving from MAdrid Spain next monday to Calgary Alberta
My wife and 2 babies have the Canadian Passport
I have obtained the COPR Permanent Residence, through Spousal Sponsorship

I understand that:
I must contract a medical private insurance for the first 3 months. Then I will can be covered by Alberta Health (after applying etc.)
I am not sure if my wife and the babies, having the canadian citizenship should also contract a medical private insurance.

Please correct me ifnecessary and give your comments.

Cheers
Pepe

Kosovo2016

Star Member
Jan 12, 2017
Kosovo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 january 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Passport Req..
Hey
My application processing time is over and after medical result have been recived there is no update any idea what should i do?
Thanks

MosesB

Feb 20, 2017
canuck_in_uk said:
a. It is not cause for refusal but is cause for further investigation into the genuineness of the relationship.

b. Provide her original entry proof and a letter than she has overstayed.

c. A person who has failed to respect the immigration laws of another country may not respect the laws of Canada and may have more desire to come to Canada by any means necessary, including marriage fraud.
Thank you canuck_in_uk. Really appreciate it. We don't mind further investigation as she hasn't broken any law (apart from illegally staying in another country). We were very open about this. Thank you again!

Harry Sharma

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2016
File Transfer...
26-08-2016
Med's Done....
24-05-2016
HI

Some of people are saying that they got "A decision has been made on your application. Office will contact you concerning this decision " on their online status.I have got only three things there like date of submission,Processing time and medical has been received but i got decision made now where we have to click to get in detail of application. So what is that means is there any chance to get anything from immigration or everything is clear and they will send me the PPR?

0jenifer0

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 29, 2011 (CPC-M recvd Nov 1, 2011)
Doc's Request.
Feb 13, 2012 (sent June 4, 2012)
AOR Received.
Dec 29, 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2012
Med's Request
Aug 13, 2012 (recvd 08-23-2012) (redo 08-30-2012)
Med's Done....
May 26, 2011 exprd.
Passport Req..
Feb 8, 2012 (sent 03-23-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 28, 2012 (12-2-12 DM) (12-7-2012 delivered)
LANDED..........
DEC-25-2012
Harry Sharma said:
Thanks for you response. Actually I didn't submit my passport at the time of application submission. My representative told me that they will ask for it so that is why i am waiting for the email or any update from last 8 days

Oh wow, it's different from my case. Since you have a representative, he'll be the first one to be informed regarding those matters. Hope you'll get your good news soon from your Representative. Best of luck...!!!

enggvirdi

Dec 2, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
Doc's Request.
Pending
Nomination.....
22-12-2014
AOR Received.
NDVO does not send AORs
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
2nd line on 21st March 2015
Med's Request
07-04-2015
Med's Done....
18-04-2015; Third line on 28-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-06-2015

Hi Guys, please help
In the Relationship information and Sponsorship Evaluation Form

There is a question, where they asked if visited each other in during our relationship. I was confused and wanted to know if that includes our courtship period too (time between our engagement and wedding) or just the post marriage period. Please help

Apart from that, I have another question on background declaration form of my wife.

She is trying to put her activity/occupation detail for last 10 years. There are two fields 'From' and 'To' and there is a checkbox that says ongoing. For her current job she is checking the ongoing checkbox and yyyy-mm becomes inactive and then tries to validate the form but it fails. I tried it too. If we leave it blank and then try to validate it fails again. Only way it validates if we have an yyyy-mm info in 'from' and 'to'
field.

Did any else face the same? Please help

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
calgary2017 said:
we are moving from MAdrid Spain next monday to Calgary Alberta

I must contract a medical private insurance for the first 3 months. Then I will can be covered by Alberta Health (after applying etc.)
I am not sure if my wife and the babies, having the canadian citizenship should also contract a medical private insurance.
You and your family will be covered from the day you arrive.

Kosovo2016 said:
My application processing time is over and after medical result have been recived there is no update any idea what should i do?
Use the IRCC Web form or contact your MP.

enggvirdi said:
There is a question, where they asked if visited each other in during our relationship. I was confused and wanted to know if that includes our courtship period too (time between our engagement and wedding) or just the post marriage period. Please help

There are two fields 'From' and 'To' and there is a checkbox that says ongoing. For her current job she is checking the ongoing checkbox and yyyy-mm becomes inactive and then tries to validate the form but it fails. I tried it too. If we leave it blank and then try to validate it fails again. Only way it validates if we have an yyyy-mm info in 'from' and 'to'
field.
No need to bold your entire post...

The question clearly states during the "relationship", not during the "marriage" only.

Put the "To" date as the date she signs the form and include a letter of explanation.