Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
joy0713 said:
can i appeal to that?
If you were common-law or married before you landed as a PR and you didn't declare him in your application , you can no longer sponsor him and you can't appeal .

joy0713

Feb 18, 2017
TANMEX said:
If you were common-law or married before you landed as a PR and you didn't declare him in your application , you can no longer sponsor him and you can't appeal .
we get married after we landed here as a PR

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
joy0713 said:
Did you live together for a year or more before you landed and became a PR?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
joy0713 said:
From your other posts, you lived together before you became a PR and from IRCC's letter, you lived together for more than year and were therefore common-law. Not only is your husband forever excluded from the Family Class but you and your mother actually committed immigration fraud by not declaring your common-law relationship. You no longer qualified as a dependent and should have been removed from the application.

Your app will be refused and there is no way to appeal. If you do, you will only draw attention to the fraud, which could result in all of your PR statuses being revoked.

enggvirdi

Dec 2, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
Doc's Request.
Pending
Nomination.....
22-12-2014
AOR Received.
NDVO does not send AORs
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
2nd line on 21st March 2015
Med's Request
07-04-2015
Med's Done....
18-04-2015; Third line on 28-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-06-2015
Hi People,

I am Canadian PR about to sponsor my wife.
My wife is working and she took two months vacation for our wedding. She is living at my parental home and will join her duties in Delhi on 1st March now. We are about to apply for sponsorship application within this week. But, I am confused about her current address in background declaration form. Right now, she does not have any rented accommodation as she left the one she was renting before going on vacation. Should we wait for her to go to Delhi, find a new rented apartment and use that as current address or can we use any acquaintance's address?

Please advice.

Naina888

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
Electra said:
Hi,

Any application has submitted from AbuDhabi Office???
We have been married in Dubai and i have issued Marriage Certificate from Dubai courts with Legal translation attested/stamped by Ministry of Foreign Affairs.. Will "Ministry of Foreign Affairs" and "Ministry of Justice" stamps/tickets are suffice or do we need to notarized the document as well.

Appreciate if anyone who experienced can reply the same.

TIA
Hey TIA, I was married in Dubai as well but my documents are from pakistan, I'm a Canadian citizen sponsoring my husband from AbuDhabi office. Could you please guide me where'd you get your marriage certificate translations attested and stamped (the exact location and address in Dubai) please. Thank you :)

kiwias

Feb 19, 2017
Hi everyone,

I am a New Zealand citizen living outside of Canada (currently working Australia) and my partner is a Canadian born citizen.

We met in 2014 when I visited Canada on the International Canada Experience and we were together for the majority of my 12 month visa. She then moved to Melbourne, Australia in 2015 and we living together for almost 12 months when she got pregnant and left Melbourne in December 2016 to have the babies (twins) in Canada.

We are now wanting to apply for a common-law visa but we have the following questions:

1. I am worried if my partner were to sponsor me, she may considered inadmissble for financial reasons as she is not working due to her pregnancy? I have quite a bit in savings so will they consider this in their assessment? He denial due to financial reasons common?

2. Upon submission of the common-law application, can I also apply for an open work permit IF I reside out of Canada or can this only be done whilst I am residing in Canada?

3. The CIC website indicates it can take up to 12 months (new process effective February 2017 I think), does anyone know of people that have had this approved earlier? If so, how early?

Disclaimer:

- We have been together more than 12 months total and can substantiate this
- I would be applying for the common law application OUTSIDE of Canada
- Twins are due to be born May 2016

If you could provide any assistance it would be greatly appreciated!

J

Electra

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Dubai
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
ON
App. Filed.......
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
19-08-2017
Med's Request
30-05-2017
Med's Done....
07-06-2017
Naina888 said:
Hey TIA, I was married in Dubai as well but my documents are from pakistan, I'm a Canadian citizen sponsoring my husband from AbuDhabi office. Could you please guide me where'd you get your marriage certificate translations attested and stamped (the exact location and address in Dubai) please. Thank you :)
I did from Dubai Courts but i have not done the notary i am not sure if anyone has done that and it is required.

Electra

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Dubai
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
ON
App. Filed.......
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
19-08-2017
Med's Request
30-05-2017
Med's Done....
07-06-2017
Electra said:
Hi,

Any application has submitted from AbuDhabi Office???
We have been married in Dubai and i have issued Marriage Certificate from Dubai courts with Legal translation attested/stamped by Ministry of Foreign Affairs.. Will "Ministry of Foreign Affairs" and "Ministry of Justice" stamps/tickets are suffice or do we need to notarized the document as well.

Appreciate if anyone who experienced can reply the same.

TIA
Appreciate if anyone can reply please..

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
kiwias said:
We met in 2014 when I visited Canada on the International Canada Experience and we were together for the majority of my 12 month visa. She then moved to Melbourne, Australia in 2015 and we living together for almost 12 months when she got pregnant and left Melbourne in December 2016 to have the babies (twins) in Canada.

1. I am worried if my partner were to sponsor me, she may considered inadmissble for financial reasons as she is not working due to her pregnancy? I have quite a bit in savings so will they consider this in their assessment? He denial due to financial reasons common?

2. Upon submission of the common-law application, can I also apply for an open work permit IF I reside out of Canada or can this only be done whilst I am residing in Canada?

3. The CIC website indicates it can take up to 12 months (new process effective February 2017 I think), does anyone know of people that have had this approved earlier? If so, how early?
It is unclear from your dates if you have actually lived together continuously for at least 12 months. You say "the majority of your 12 months" in Canada and then "almost 12 months" in Australia. Were there any breaks in there? Do you have at least 12 months of continuous cohabitation?

1. As long as she is not on welfare and you guys can show that you can support yourselves in Canada (savings, income potential etc.), there will be no issue.

2. You must be in Canada and apply inland to qualify for the work permit.

3. The processing times are never indicative of the majority of apps. Sydney averages around 6 months for outland.

Naina888

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
Hello everyone,
My husband is pakistan national residing in dubai since 2010, do we have to submit police certificate issued from UAE and Pakistan or only UAE? If I have to submit police certificate from Pakistan as well can somebody please guide me where to get it from Pakistan?

Thank you

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Naina888 said:
Hello everyone,
My husband is pakistan national residing in dubai since 2010, do we have to submit police certificate issued from UAE and Pakistan or only UAE? If I have to submit police certificate from Pakistan as well can somebody please guide me where to get it from Pakistan?

Thank you
You will need both. Here is a link for Pakistan police check:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/pakistan.asp

Naina888

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
sylvain1 said:
You will need both. Here is a link for Pakistan police check:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/pakistan.asp
Thank you so much for the link :)

gs123

May 2, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014
Doc's Request.
04-07-2014
Med's Request
04-07-2014
Med's Done....
14-08-2014
Passport Req..
18-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2014
LANDED..........
31-08-2014
Hi,
I sent forms, fee receipt and supporting documents to add my child to my spouse's ongoing application on Feb 1, 2017. She had received a PPR in September 2016 but we wanted to wait to be able to add child to the application born outside Canada.
Dilemma is, dated 13-Feb I have received a email with supporting docs attached stating that "We are returning your submission and supporting documents as it does not meet the requirements for processing".
On Feb 16, I received an e-mail stating "Your file has been updated to include additional dependent and all eligibility requirements are met. Visa office has been advised to add your relative to the PR application".

I am confused now what has happened and what to do next. They already returned the forms and certified birth certificate of child and other documents. I have raised Case specific enquiry. Not sure how long they will take to respond.

Anybody familiar with such situation, please advice.