Waived
Passport Req..
23-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
3-June-2016
LANDED..........
14th July 2016.
Wena05 said:
Hey guys pls... Help me how long usually process the visa my medical is done last september 2015
Medical is usually extended or CiC will write you for a re-medical, And the processing time depends on your VO.

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
Wena05 said:
Hey guys pls... Help me how long usually process the visa my medical is done last september 2015
no timeframe but surely after background security checks, whic may take time
I can pray for u for early processing

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Siempreamor said:
Hi! I need some advise. I am sponsoring my husband via the Outland sponsorship route. My husband is American and I'm Canadian. Our application is at permanent residency in progress. We checked the status of our application and noticed that they recently sent us correspondence which our representative hasn't received. I was told to send a case inquiry. We were wondering how long does it take them to reply.
Thank you for your assistance. We really appreciate it.
Some people get a response quite quickly, for others it takes a month. How long ago did they send the correspondence? Often when they say they sent correspondence on ecas, it means they've sent an email. Make sure to check all emails and spam/junk folders.

groobi

Aug 23, 2015
Hi guys please help me.

I sent the spousal sponsorship application form in January but
came back saying I'm missing a form..stupid..I know..
They say I can resubmit the application once complete.
But I should pay the application fee of $1,040 again, right?

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
ccsunset1 said:
I am living in Hong Kong and my husband is a Canadian. We just got married for 2 weeks (in Canada) and my husband wants to sponsor me to come to Canada. We have the following questions:

1) We are not sure if we should apply inside or outside Canada.

2) Since we communicate on skype most of the time in the past 5 years and I visited him once each year since we are in a relationship, we do not have phone bills to prove that our relationship are geniune, what can we do?

3) My husband is currently unemployed, but we do have a house and some savings, does this affect the application?

We appreciate if anyone could give us some advice. Thanks
He has to prove that he is financially capable to support you - aka he needs to have minimum income and not unemployed.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
cicong said:
He has to prove that he is financially capable to support you - aka he needs to have minimum income and not unemployed.
I (sponsor) was unemployed when we submitted our application and actually the bank screenshot I included in our application (to show ties to Canada) basically showed ZERO balance. My Option C printout did show the income I had received from that tax year....more than the min amount on the tables on their website (note that they say the min income requirement does NOT apply to sponsors sponsoring spouses.

I'm pretty sure the only criteria is that you are not on social assistance....other than that, they cannot refuse your sponsorship based on income as you are also committing to support the applicant (spouse) in any case.

C.

willyblue

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/04/2016
AOR Received.
14-04-16
File Transfer...
30/06/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Help help help please

Just wondering if the day i put in an application for my divorce is a legal proof that i have been separated from my ex on that particular day...

We were also leaving separtely even before i put in the divorce..Will Cic see that as a proof of legal separation,,I'm about to apply for common law

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
M2malik said:
My application has now been put in a queue for an interview. And after doing some research on this forum it looks like it's going to be about the validity of my relationship. The things I am worrie about are that I didn't spend too much time (3 days) with my wife after the marriage, as the plans got delayed and I couldn't stay in Pakistan any longer. Secondly I Waited a year to apply for the application. And thirdly I haven't visited since the time I have applied or taken any trips with my wife. Would like to get some opinions from brothers and sisters on how my wife should tackle these questions during the interview. And me visiting Pakistan makes a difference or not
Yes - the interview has been called because CIC is concerned your relationship isn't genuine. I don't know how you should tackle these questions since your behaviour isn't entirely normal for someone who is in a genuine relationship. What are the reasons why you didn't visit her? Did she try applying for a TRV to visit Canada? If not, why not? What was the reason why you waited a year to apply to sponsor her? I do think your wife should be prepared for hard questions during the interview. She should bring additional proof of your relationship to the interview (e.g. proof of daily communication).

TamiAlexsis

Jan 5, 2016
Hello everyone, I am new to the group and as such I come with a bunch of questions. Please bear with me :) .
I recently got married and my husband and I have started the process of spousal sponsorship. There are so many little things and I don't want to fly blindly. Firstly, I came into the country on a visitor visa and have overstayed. Someone told me I could be banned from reentry for up to 2 years if I leave Canada so my husband and I have decided to apply inland. Based on the fact that I'm unable to work money is tight soI was wondering if there were any free law clinics that could look over our paperwork and point us in the right direction if we aren't already there. Also, proof of genuineness. Is there a list of items I can follow as to provide enough (or as much) proof for CIC? Your help would be aprreciated

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TamiAlexsis said:
Hello everyone, I am new to the group and as such I come with a bunch of questions. Please bear with me :) .
I recently got married and my husband and I have started the process of spousal sponsorship. There are so many little things and I don't want to fly blindly. Firstly, I came into the country on a visitor visa and have overstayed. Someone told me I could be banned from reentry for up to 2 years if I leave Canada so my husband and I have decided to apply inland. Based on the fact that I'm unable to work money is tight soI was wondering if there were any free law clinics that could look over our paperwork and point us in the right direction if we aren't already there. Also, proof of genuineness. Is there a list of items I can follow as to provide enough (or as much) proof for CIC? Your help would be aprreciated
Welcome!

How long have you been without status? If it's less than 90 days, you should apply for Restoration of Status. If it's been more than 90 days...it's too late.

A person in Canada, without status, can submit either an Inland or Outland application. The choice is yours, BUT...there seems to still be a public policy in place for those that choose an Inland application, that offers some protection against being removed from Canada, as long as they have an eligible sponsor. No such policy covers an Outland applicant, but that doesn't automatically mean that you would be removed if you chose that option.

Ironically, some that have applied Inland have been removed, but the numbers seem to be pretty low.

I suggest you read through the very first thread in this forum (start at the beginning) to get an idea of how it works. Keep in mind that the processing times written in that thread are no longer valid, but the process, itself, is pretty much the same.

The only real advantage for most people that choose an Inland application, is the ability to work ~ 4 months, but it doesn't apply to those that have lost their status.

Good luck!

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
TamiAlexsis said:
So I assume you are from a visa-requiring country? (some people refer to a visitor record as a visa). Overstaying is not such a huge issue that you need a lawyer for the paperwork, just ask questions on this forum. Depending on your country an outland app might be quite a bit faster. Since you can't work because you have no status anyways, you might not get much benefit from an inland app. I don't think anyone here can really say for sure how they treat overstays inland vs. outland. People have been successful with both kinds of applications despite an overstay. Just be sure to tell the truth on your application.

TamiAlexsis

Jan 5, 2016
Aquakitty said:
So I assume you are from a visa-requiring country? (some people refer to a visitor record as a visa). Overstaying is not such a huge issue that you need a lawyer for the paperwork, just ask questions on this forum. Depending on your country an outland app might be quite a bit faster. Since you can't work because you have no status anyways, you might not get much benefit from an inland app. I don't think anyone here can really say for sure how they treat overstays inland vs. outland. People have been successful with both kinds of applications despite an overstay. Just be sure to tell the truth on your application.
Thank you for responding. I was under the impression that outland application meant I'd have to return to my country (Jamaica) to apply. I am now doing some more reasearch on this method as it seems much faster. I am unable to work and I don't wish to further burden my husband with lawyer fees. Please give me any information regarding outland application

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TamiAlexsis said:
Thank you for responding. I was under the impression that outland application meant I'd have to return to my country (Jamaica) to apply. I am now doing some more reasearch on this method as it seems much faster. I am unable to work and I don't wish to further burden my husband with lawyer fees. Please give me any information regarding outland application
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-t46995.0.html

Feb 3, 2016
I have a question and would love some answers!
I am a Canadian woman and am engaged to an amazing Nigerian man and we have been together for over a year. We plan to have our wedding in July 2016

He came in on a student visa and did a post grad diploma and then applied for an off campus work visa.
He missed the deadline to apply for a work visa and applied for a student visa planning to study another term. He was not able to go to school due to lack of funds so preceded to work to save up. (Will this disqualify him cause he didm;t go to school when he said he was going to?)

When his visa was about to expire he applied for a work visa and was denied. He has until the beginning of March so the pressure is on! He is now looking to apply for restoration of status and we are wondering about moving our wedding so we can then apply for spousal sponsorship once we get registered(married under law) this week.

I am wondering about the registry....Will it look weird to the visa officers that we got married without the big ceremony....because we are having that in July. As for the photos and such to support our wedding....we won't have evidence of that until July and we plan to apply for sponsorship before July.

My other concern is once we get legally married how likely is it that he will get an open work visa and eventually a PR card!? I can;t stand the thought of being separated after we are married and having to apply again for spousal sponsorship (with him in Nigeria and me here in Canada)

Please help!!!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The first thing I would say is that there's a good chance his restoration of status won't be approved. By applying for the most recent study permit, failing to attend school, but working - he worked illegally and violated the conditions of his stay in Canada. So you should be prepared for the possibility that he will be told to leave Canada. Given his current status in Canada and the fact he worked without authorization, it could look strange to officials if you move up the wedding and don't have a big ceremony. This could create concerns that he is just using you to obtain status in Canada.

In his case i would not submit an inland application while he is out of status in Canada. First of all, this means he won't qualify for an open work permit pilot and the earliest he may qualify for an open work permit will be 16 months after the application is submitted. Secondly, it means he could be removed from Canada - which would effectively cancel his application.

Submit the restoration application as soon as you can - they take months to process. If the restoration is refused, he should leave and you can sponsor him using the outland route (you can get married before he leaves). If restoration is approved, then he can remain in Canada and you can sponsor him inland.

But if we are being honest with you, yes - his immigration history in Canada complicates the situation (especially the violations) and it's reasonable to expect your application will undergo more scrutiny and take longer to process. Make sure you include tons of evidence to show your relationship.