+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

fr33z3n

Star Member
Mar 11, 2015
ccsunset1 said:
I am living in Hong Kong and my husband is a Canadian. We just got married for 2 weeks (in Canada) and my husband wants to sponsor me to come to Canada. We have the following questions:

1) We are not sure if we should apply inside or outside Canada.

2) Since we communicate on skype most of the time in the past 5 years and I visited him once each year since we are in a relationship, we do not have phone bills to prove that our relationship are geniune, what can we do?

3) My husband is currently unemployed, but we do have a house and some savings, does this affect the application?

We appreciate if anyone could give us some advice. Thanks
1) does not need to show income or employment, only requirement is he not be on welfare or have received welfare.

2) You can print out your skype history and send it in with photos and other proofs to show the relationship is genuine (receipts from trips, gfts etcs..)

3) check number 1

fr33z3n

Star Member
Mar 11, 2015
CanadaspousePR said:
Hi everyone,

I am new here, I just became a Permanent residence I have applied under CEC in 2014 and it took almost 2 years because of big delay from CIC.
I have questions related for my spouse may be people asked a lot of time here, but I have no idea really and I am kind of confused that is why I am asking any answers will be appreciated.

I want to apply for my spouse now I got married back home, I have been working here (Canada) for 3 years I was on work permit. So do I need to show my taxes T4 ? that whatever I have paid. Because for one year I have got T4(A) and for 2 years I have T4. Is it will be the problem when I will file my papers for wife ?

Please advise, you answer will be appreciated.

Thanks.
There are no income requirements for sponsoring your spouse. All the sponsor needs to show is that they're not on any sort of social assistance or other financial trouble (ie owe money for child support or are bankrupt).

CanadaspousePR

Feb 4, 2016
sunshinemrc said:
You can go ahead and file the sponsorship for your wife. There is no minimum income requirement, and no need to prove your prior income for spousal sponsorship.

The only caveat is, because you are a PR you have to remain in Canada during the sponsorship processing, a short visit to see your wife or travel elsewhere (1-3 weeks) are ok.
Thanks Sunshine,

Actually I was just worrying did CIC verify that I was on work permit and I should submit T4 for all 3 years but for 1 year my company gave me T4(a) which is usually I think for sub contractor.
So CIC will check and ask when I will apply for my wife ? that why I did this ?

sunshinemrc

Dec 16, 2013
CanadaspousePR said:
Thanks Sunshine,

Actually I was just worrying did CIC verify that I was on work permit and I should submit T4 for all 3 years but for 1 year my company gave me T4(a) which is usually I think for sub contractor.
So CIC will check and ask when I will apply for my wife ? that why I did this ?
You actually do not need to submit any T4s. CIC asks to provide an option C from CRA you can order it by calling CRA and they will send you the option C to be included in your wife's sponsorship application. Since you just got married when you call CRA you should also update them on your change of status to "married". One of the forms in spousal sponsorship application will ask you for your income $ for the last year, and that's pretty much it.

CrazyCanada

Dec 25, 2014
Canada,duh?
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
AOR1 - 01.07.2016 | AOR2 - 19.08.2016
File Transfer...
SA/File Transfer - 08.08.2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Sent Along with App
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Hi Everyone,
I became a PR in July 2015 and now wish to sponsor my wife. We recently got married in June in India.
Now, the question is I don't stay on rent and live with one of my blood relative here in canada. Do i still need to submit Tenancy agreements and Utility bills ? What are my options here ?

CanadaspousePR

Feb 4, 2016
sunshinemrc said:
You actually do not need to submit any T4s. CIC asks to provide an option C from CRA you can order it by calling CRA and they will send you the option C to be included in your wife's sponsorship application. Since you just got married when you call CRA you should also update them on your change of status to "married". One of the forms in spousal sponsorship application will ask you for your income $ for the last year, and that's pretty much it.
Thank you for your detailed answer again.

I want to give you +1 :) but I am new user I am not getting this option right now to do that. :p

Thanks any ways

fr33z3n

Star Member
Mar 11, 2015
CrazyCanada said:
Hi Everyone,
I became a PR in July 2015 and now wish to sponsor my wife. We recently got married in June in India.
Now, the question is I don't stay on rent and live with one of my blood relative here in canada. Do i still need to submit Tenancy agreements and Utility bills ? What are my options here ?
Tenancy Agreement is not a required document

sunshinemrc

Dec 16, 2013
CrazyCanada said:
Hi Everyone,
In your post you state that you became PR in July and were married in June. Was your wife declared on your own PR application and was she examined by CIC (medical, police certificate)?

If you did not declare your wife before you landed and became a PR your wife cannot be sponsored.

As for the rental/tenancy agreements, these are not needed for married couples, you can live wherever with whomever.

sunshinemrc

Dec 16, 2013
CanadaspousePR said:
Thank you for your detailed answer again.

I want to give you +1 :) but I am new user I am not getting this option right now to do that. :p

Thanks any ways
Anytime. If you have some very specific questions feel free to create a new post on the main page and many members here will be able to guide you.

Congrats on your PR and wishing you a speedy process in sponsoring your spouse!

mirko86

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Hello people today i recievd file number for pemanent resident in my e mail,but several months ago my wife(sponsor-inland)) recivd for her.Im confused.

CrazyCanada

Dec 25, 2014
Canada,duh?
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
AOR1 - 01.07.2016 | AOR2 - 19.08.2016
File Transfer...
SA/File Transfer - 08.08.2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Sent Along with App
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
sunshinemrc said:
In your post you state that you became PR in July and were married in June. Was your wife declared on your own PR application and was she examined by CIC (medical, police certificate)?

If you did not declare your wife before you landed and became a PR your wife cannot be sponsored.

As for the rental/tenancy agreements, these are not needed for married couples, you can live wherever with whomever.
I got my visa in March'15 when i was still single but did the landing formalities in July. And hence, she wasn't mentioned in my initial application
Will that still create a problem for me ?

Also, is an Option C print-out required if i have started working in September'15 ?

fr33z3n

Star Member
Mar 11, 2015
mirko86 said:
Hello people today i recievd file number for pemanent resident in my e mail,but several months ago my wife(sponsor-inland)) recivd for her.Im confused.
When accessing your eCas file. Both of you will have your own numbers.

Hers will be Client ID number. Which will show the status of her Sponsorship Application as Well as the status of your Permanent Resident Application.

Yours will be a file number, where you will be Able to see only the status of your Permanent Resident Application

sunshinemrc

Dec 16, 2013
CrazyCanada said:
I got my visa in March'15 when i was still single but did the landing formalities in July. And hence, she wasn't mentioned in my initial application

Also, is an Option C print-out required if i have started working in September'15 ?
Unfortunately yes, you have a very big problem on your hands. With the visa you would have been instructed to contact CIC if anything changes in your circumstances, including your marital status.

Also when you landed the officer would have asked you if the information on the CoPR is correct and if there have been any changes before you signed that document. I'm assuming you said no changes, all correct so they allowed you to land. If at this point you would tell them you are now married they would not let you land and activate your CoPR.

furthermore, another problem is, that if you do apply you risk your own PR as by not declaring your wife on landing you committed misrepresentation.

As for option C it's not a "must have" as long as you provide a written explanation that same is not available as you have not filed taxes in Canada yet.

dalida

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
Hi.I have only one 32 year old son in Europe.He does not have a sister brothers.i want to live here together.can i sponsor him?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CrazyCanada said:

So...you received your CoPR in March...got married in June...and then landed in July, after you were married?

If so, you can never sponsor your wife.