App. Filed.......
24-12-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2015
File Transfer...
16-03-2015
Med's Done....
13-11-2014/ updated by cic march 19 ,2015
Is there a timeline regarding port of entry interview? What are the usual question they are asking?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
ms.m said:
Is there a timeline regarding port of entry interview? What are the usual question they are asking?
Is your app inland or outland? Are you talking about the landing interview? For outland, your COPR expires generally when your medical expires, though this may be extended depending on your circumstances. The interview is 3 questions, have you committed any crimes, have you been refused entry to Canada, and do you have any dependants. The questions were written on the COPR. I don't know about the inland interview.

ms.m

Star Member
Sep 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2015
File Transfer...
16-03-2015
Med's Done....
13-11-2014/ updated by cic march 19 ,2015
I am outland applicant . Thank u!

tdotnewbie

Aug 15, 2015
spousal coaching needed!

Hello Everyone, first let me apologize if these questions have already been asked by other members. I'm completely new as well confused. Here's my situation, i'll try to be as specific as I can so I'll be able to get concrete responses.
I am an US citizen, my now husband is a Canadian citizens. We recently got married on July 24th, 2015. I currently live in the stayed and he's in canada. He works for property assessment and I work for intellectual disabilities. We both hold supervisory positions. We had a small civil ceremony in Toronto (two witnesses and officiant ) and we're actively planning our big one for june 2016. Here are my apprehension:
1. Inland vs. Outland- I will be" Visiting" -staying for a while in October. I need to resign my job with 4 weeks notice. I need to be able to work, given a wedding next year. Inland will allow me to work, but may cause issues for travelling. I need to travel as my dress is in the states, I may need to go to jamaica for a site visit prior to the wedding.....ok, so now outland.....I can travel, go back and forth or even stay there for a while but I won't have the open work permit through that process. I can remain in new York and work, except that's not a pleasant option for my husband.

2. If I do outland, what work permit will I be able to apply for given my circumstance. I'm assuming it won't be open, so I would need a job offer?

3. Inland gives the permit faster, but lounger to become a resident. Can I go to school during that time or will I have to wait to be a PR?

4. just out of curiosity, is it possible to submit the inland application ahead of me crossing the border in October? Is it going to flag on their system? How will they know I wasnt there? Should I make a quick trip and send it in then. That v way I can leave, come back dating I'm visiting my husband and that my application for PR has been submitted? When I come the "real : time in October, I wouldn't leave until I at least got the OWP... hyperglycemia by dec/jan.

5. By the way, we have yet to receive the marriage certificate, i checked online and it hasn't been registered yet. We do have the record of solemnization. I've also requested my fingerprints from the FBI earlier this week. That might take a few weeks as well. Can I submit either of the two applications without these documents and inform that they have been requested and will be forwarded?

If anyone could assist and provide some feedback it would be helpful. I need to start acting fast. ...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1. Apply outland. There is no advantage to applying inland for Americans given the massive difference in processing times. You could be done in as little as four months with outland. Inland you may be looking at 2+ years (and you're technically not supposed to leave Canada during that time). Americans who apply inland almost always end up deeply regretting this decision. One member here called it "the worst decision of his life".
2. You would need a full time job offer from a Canadian employer and most likely an approved LMIA as well. This would then qualify you to apply for a closed work permit tied to a specific employer.
3. You would need a study permit if you apply inland and want to study before you have first stage approval (which takes 16 months). You will also have to pay foreign student tuition fees which are substantially higher than domestic student rates.
4. No - not possible. You MUST be physically in Canada to submit an inland application.
5. You can submit the application without the FBI cert. However you need to wait until you have the marriage certificate before you submit the application. When applications are submitted without marriage certificates, they are sometimes returned as incomplete.

tdotnewbie

Aug 15, 2015
Hi scylla! Thanks for your response
2. You would need a full time job offer from a Canadian employer and most likely an approved LMIA as well. This would then qualify you to apply for a closed work permit tied to a specific employer.
**the closed permit has to be applied for after i received my PR status? What's the processing time for closed permits?
3. You would need a study permit if you apply inland and want to study before you have first stage approval (which takes 16 months). You will also have to pay foreign student tuition fees which are substantially higher than domestic student rates.
*first stage deals with the sponsor's paperwork?
*I thought you could study but the course couldn't exceed 6months?
*if I get my PR through outland I can then apply for any school I wish and also at domestic rates?

5. You can submit the application without the FBI cert. However you need to wait until you have the marriage certificate before you submit the application. When applications are submitted without marriage certificates, they are sometimes returned as incomplete.
*the record of solemnization wouldn't suffice if we attach a note stating the certificate would be forwarded?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
tdotnewbie said:
Hi scylla! Thanks for your response
**the closed permit has to be applied for after i received my PR status? What's the processing time for closed permits?
*first stage deals with the sponsor's paperwork?
*if I get my PR through outland I can then apply for any school I wish and also at domestic rates?

*the record of solemnization wouldn't suffice if we attach a note stating the certificate would be forwarded?
2. No, once you have PR you are free to work where ever you can get hired. The closed permit is the responsibility of your employer, essentially. You have to have a skill or trade they really need because it's on the employer to prove they tried hard to hire a Canadian for the position first. That's why they are so hard to get if you don't have connections or very in-demand skills.

3. Once you have your outland PR you can study anywhere you wish at domestic rates (you may have to wait for provincial discounts as they usually have a residency requirement).

5. Ontario sucks to get married in if you are in a hurry for the cert, I heard you might be able to request fast processing for it due to immigration, it's something to look into.

keefaith2

Aug 11, 2015
Hi everyone! I wish you all success and joy!!! ;)
Please did anyone submit their application without médical exam or pcc? Can we wait for CIC or the visa office to ask for it ? (it's an outland app). I'd appreciate any reply :-*

MNA2015

Star Member
Aug 15, 2015
Hi,

Finally getting all my paperwork together for spousal application. Does anyone have trouble getting FBI PCC?. My fingerprints have been rejected twice due to its poor quality. I have sent another package recently. One can only hope that it will work this time. Major downside is that, it takes 16 weeks for them to get back to say it didn't work!. Is there any other way to do it?. Can I apply to RCMP via post and have them do a background check instead?. I'm at my wit's end. Seems like there's no easy to way to do this.
I'm in the US and I have chosen to apply to New Delhi VO.

PS: Does anyone know if there's a FBI field office in the states that offers digital scan for fingerprints?. Honestly, I wouldn't mind traveling to another state to get this done at this point. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
tdotnewbie said:
oyer and most likely an approved LMIA as well. This would then qualify you to apply for a closed work permit tied to a specific employer.
- The close work permit is independent of PR. You would need the closed work permit if you want to work BEFORE you have PR status. The hard part isn't waiting for the work permit (you can get that at the border). The hard part is finding an and then obtaining an approved LMIA if one is required (that alone can easily take 4-6 months)
- Your entire PROGRAM cannot exceed six months. This means that if you want to study a three month adult education course in photography - you can go ahead without a work permit. However if you want to take a bunch of courses towards a diploma, certificate or degree - then you need a study permit even if each of the courses that make up that diploma/certificate/degree are less than six months. Without a study permit you are studying illegally which makes you removable from Canada.
- Once you have PR you pay domestic fees. It doesn't matter how you got PR.
- Sometimes the record of solemnization works, sometimes they return the application unprocessed for being incomplete. Your decision whether you take the risk.

Jab316

Jul 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 14, 2015
AOR Received.
Sep 24, 2015
File Transfer...
Oct 23, 2015
Med's Request
Up-front
Med's Done....
Jul 19, 2015
Passport Req..
Nov 19, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 28, 2016
So I sent in my completed spousal package on AUG 13th and they received it on the 14th. How long until I receive anything back? Is it going to be the AOR which roughly takes 5 weeks?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Jab316 said:
So I sent my complete package on AUG 13th and they received it on the 14th. How long until I receive anything back? Is it going to be the AOR which roughly takes 5 weeks?
Depends on how you applied. Inland? Outland?

Jab316

Jul 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 14, 2015
AOR Received.
Sep 24, 2015
File Transfer...
Oct 23, 2015
Med's Request
Up-front
Med's Done....
Jul 19, 2015
Passport Req..
Nov 19, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 28, 2016
It was Outland.

I included the medical papers, police clearance along with the certified translations, all official forms plus detailed answers, ID, Travel documents & so much more.

Kishanta

Aug 15, 2015
Inquiry.

I know that you can still be found medically inadmissible even in family sponsorships (spousal) in rare/extreme cases.

What would some of those (possibly) be?

A friend is attempting to sponsor a partner with whom has autism and needs constant medication etc. They are currently only here on a visitor visa with no plans to do more but seek medical help without MSP until they apply.

I know that certain instances you may not need to submit to a medical examination (It says US citizens may not be asked)

Could this interfere with an application?

Does the intent to transition your gender also effect your application? I fear that the intention may be used by CIC as a way to say a relationship isn't genuine and exists for medical care in Canada etc.

(Me and my common-law are also currently working on getting his PR, I just happen to have 2 other friends also immigrating and they have no idea how to begin and since mine is pretty clear cut (me and my immigrating partner have a daughter in common) I have no idea what roadblocks they might hit so I am trying to help them out)

Will any of this come up/should be disclosed?

Also is it illegal (potentially) to rent to those without valid status/expiring status? (I am a citizen just curious)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Medical examinations are mandatory for everyone going through the PR process. No one is exempt - not event US citizens.

A spouse / common law partner application cannot be refused due to Autism. This assumes that one of the partners is a Canadian citizen / PR and is sponsoring the other partner.

If, on the other hand, both individuals are non-PRs and both would be applying for PR together, then the application could certain be refused due to the Autism.

It's unclear which situation your friends are in based on the limited information you have provided.