+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Kishanta

Aug 15, 2015
scylla said:
Medical examinations are mandatory for everyone going through the PR process. No one is exempt - not event US citizens.

A spouse / common law partner application cannot be refused due to Autism. This assumes that one of the partners is a Canadian citizen / PR and is sponsoring the other partner.

If, on the other hand, both individuals are non-PRs and both would be applying for PR together, then the application could certain be refused due to the Autism.

It's unclear which situation your friends are in based on the limited information you have provided.
Sorry it sounds confusing (Ahh good to know, we will be doing the medical examination then ASAP. The immigration site is very confusing so that is very important to know, it said in some instances it may not be required so I wasn't sure if exemptions existed for PR or just other visa's)

Ok so my friend is a Canadian citizen, she is applying for her partner who is a US citizen.

He is only here on a 6 month visitor visa. They have never lived together until recently.

My friend (sponsor) has not paid MSP nor taxes in years. The partner has autism and intent to transition. Will this effect their application?

When the medical examination is done and if it shows he requires constant medication and medical care due to either medical condition (I know transitioning isn't a medical condition but its the only word I can think of right now) will this cause complications with their application?

Can a place be rented to someone without valid status? (Status will eventually become expired and they have not expressed intent to do anything but wait a year and apply)

Jab316

Jul 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 14, 2015
AOR Received.
Sep 24, 2015
File Transfer...
Oct 23, 2015
Med's Request
Up-front
Med's Done....
Jul 19, 2015
Passport Req..
Nov 19, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 28, 2016
scylla said:
Depends on how you applied. Inland? Outland?
"It was Outland.

I included the medical papers, police clearance along with the certified translations, all official forms plus detailed answers, ID, Travel documents & so much more."

scylla?

keefaith2

Aug 11, 2015
I dont know wether if the first paragraph's an answer to my question? I didn't say I'm not doing it at all and I know all the process. I've just seen some people have waited to do the medicals AFTER the first stage, just the the visa office ask for it (with payment for the PR fees). So can we wait for that request or am I mistaking thé situation?

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Hello experts...

We need to update our physical address (not mailing address) and so I am wondering if this means we need to re-submit every form that has this information on it? or can we just send a letter explaining that our physical address has changed?

C.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
keefaith2 said:
I dont know wether if the first paragraph's an answer to my question? I didn't say I'm not doing it at all and I know all the process. I've just seen some people have waited to do the medicals AFTER the first stage, just the the visa office ask for it (with payment for the PR fees). So can we wait for that request or am I mistaking thé situation?
It looks like you are applying outland. If so, the medical needs to be done up front to avoid delays (if you read the instructions on the CIC web site you will see they tell you to complete the medical before you submit your application). You should also pay all of the fees up front to avoid delays. Not paying all of the fees up front can add several months to the overall processing time of your application.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Jab316 said:
"It was Outland.

I included the medical papers, police clearance along with the certified translations, all official forms plus detailed answers, ID, Travel documents & so much more."

scylla?
In that case it's likely you won't hear anything until Mississauga has complete the first stage of processing and the sponsor has been approved.

keefaith2

Aug 11, 2015
scylla said:
It looks like you are applying outland. If so, the medical needs to be done up front to avoid delays (if you read the instructions on the CIC web site you will see they tell you to complete the medical before you submit your application). You should also pay all of the fees up front to avoid delays. Not paying all of the fees up front can add several months to the overall processing time of your application.
All right.Then we'll pay and submit everything at the begining. Thank you so much for your help! :-*

Ratangm

May 29, 2015
Pls advice me to fill the application form

Pls help me out to find the following answer of Sponsor Evaluation form IMM 5481

My current situation

I am divorced. I have no connection with my wife. She is living in Canada. I don't have to support her.

Now I am married and going to sponsor my wife. I am filling up the application. I am bit doubt on form [IMM 5481 ] 5 B Previous undertakings and 6 A. Do I have to mention any of the check box?

I will appreciate any advice.

Thanks.

LAKEWOOD

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
LAKEWOOD said:
Hi everyone!!!
I'm a september 2014 applicant, and I just received an email from cic for medical instructions last August 11, 2015 it says in the emai that I have to submit this correspondence together with my medical results. my panel physician is an Emedical, and according to the email my doctor will forward the medical result to CiC. do I need to submit anything to CIC (medical results and a copy of the email).
Thanks, this forum is a great great help. I learned a lot from this forum.

Thank you

mae_08

Jul 30, 2015
No, You don't have anything to send to CIC. The hospital accredited for the medical examination will be the one who will send them to the Immigration Office.

Hope this helps :)

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Kishanta said:
Sorry it sounds confusing (Ahh good to know, we will be doing the medical examination then ASAP. The immigration site is very confusing so that is very important to know, it said in some instances it may not be required so I wasn't sure if exemptions existed for PR or just other visa's)

Ok so my friend is a Canadian citizen, she is applying for her partner who is a US citizen.

He is only here on a 6 month visitor visa. They have never lived together until recently.

My friend (sponsor) has not paid MSP nor taxes in years. The partner has autism and intent to transition. Will this effect their application?

When the medical examination is done and if it shows he requires constant medication and medical care due to either medical condition (I know transitioning isn't a medical condition but its the only word I can think of right now) will this cause complications with their application?

Can a place be rented to someone without valid status? (Status will eventually become expired and they have not expressed intent to do anything but wait a year and apply)
The doctor would end up knowing about the medications they are on, but why would you have to say anything about the intent to transition? I would think that is a private matter, it may be a medical condition but it's not the sort CIC is looking for, they just care about communicable diseases mainly. It's like 15 yes or no questions and an xray and blood test.

Owl29

Nov 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2015
AOR Received.
25-12-2015
File Transfer...
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
05-10-2015
Interview........
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2016
LANDED..........
06-04-2016
Hello,

I live in Quebec, but I will be applying OUTLAND. What forms should i fill? Should I just follow CIC guidelines for outland applications or should I fill additional forms. I wasn't able to find any information about outland sponsorship in Quebec gov page. I know I will need CSQ at one point, but how to get one if I apply outland?

pau

Star Member
Aug 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
3 09 2015
Passport Req..
15 09 2015
VISA ISSUED...
12 11 2015 gracias a Dios
LANDED..........
17 12 2015 por que Dios es Maravilloso
hello guys i have a huge problem..i applied last year in november for PR as spouse im in colombia and my husband is in canada, but i made a mistake and i didnt add on the detained arrested etc that i was once removed or inadmisible to get into usa in 2005 i was going with a student visa and didnt enrooled i didnt went to jail but i was fingerprinted and also gave me 5 years they told me after 5 years i could ask to go back to usa but since i moved to mexico i didnt and is been 10 years since i havent been in usa, i just told my lawyers about this they say i need to send the 5969 application again explaing everything to them im just so scared please someone help me..i heard leon is always answering questions, please i dont want to get refused im not a criminal and never been in jail

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
pau said:
hello guys i have a huge problem..i applied last year in november for PR as spouse im in colombia and my husband is in canada, but i made a mistake and i didnt add on the detained arrested etc that i was once removed or inadmisible to get into usa in 2005 i was going with a student visa and didnt enrooled i didnt went to jail but i was fingerprinted and also gave me 5 years they told me after 5 years i could ask to go back to usa but since i moved to mexico i didnt and is been 10 years since i havent been in usa, i just told my lawyers about this they say i need to send the 5969 application again explaing everything to them im just so scared please someone help me..i heard leon is always answering questions, please i dont want to get refused im not a criminal and never been in jail
You should be scared - very scared. You need to contact CIC to correct this information as soon as humanly possible. The US and Canada share information and you can pretty much guarantee that Canada will find out about your immigration history. By failing to mention this immigration history in your application, you have committed misrepresentation (i.e. lying in your application). Misrepresentation is an immigration crime and is punished by having your application refused and being issued a misrepresentation ban (ban of 5 years from entering Canada). Again, you need to contact CIC as soon as you possibly can. Your application has been in process for quite some time now and you are at risk for creating very big problems for yourself. Do not lie in immigration applications in the future.

pau

Star Member
Aug 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
3 09 2015
Passport Req..
15 09 2015
VISA ISSUED...
12 11 2015 gracias a Dios
LANDED..........
17 12 2015 por que Dios es Maravilloso
i already told my lawyers they say i need to tell everything and resend the application 5669 as soon as possible..ok im doing this just now thanx a lot