+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Ratangm

May 29, 2015
Thanks Aquakitty

If the rules apply that would be 3 years. But In my understanding so far it shouldn't apply as my previous wife became landed immigrant with me.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Ok, good to know, good luck with your application :) I didn't want to give wrong info in your PM, best to PM scylla if you still need to know about that situation.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
I hope this isn't a dumb question...but how do people find out what the UCI number for their spouse is? When is it assigned?

I've received SA and have been checking ECAS using my info and the UCI provided in the AOR1 letter, but it dawned upon me that maybe we should be entering my husband's details...that after SA they basically don't update my ECAS (even though it show two sections - Sponsor and Applicant).

Can anyone shed some light on this? In particular the spouse ECAS number. Is it assigned once the VO overseas received / opens the application?

Plus...is the UCI unique to the person and has nothing to do with their various applications? Because at this point my husband has two different ones from TRV's that we've applied for....even though the second TRV referenced the first one (including UCI number)

Maybe I'm just tired ;)

C.

Kairos

Aug 17, 2015
scylla said:
Your options are to travel there to marry her - then return to Canada and sponsor her from here (this is the most likely option for you). Another option would be for her to come to Canada as a visitor, get married here and then you can sponsor her while she is in Canada.
What would we need to do for her to come here to Canada? Like what would be the steps to take with this option? Thankyou very much for your reply and for answering my questions you are helping us a lot. God bless :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Kairos said:
What would we need to do for her to come here to Canada? Like what would be the steps to take with this option? Thankyou very much for your reply and for answering my questions you are helping us a lot. God bless :)
Detailed information about applying for a visitor visa is available on the CIC web site: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/index.asp

If you have any specific questions about the process, you should ask them in the Visitors section of the forum. However basically she will have to prove that she has strong ties to her home country and has no plans on remaining in Canada long term. She will also need to prove that she has sufficient funds to cover the costs of her trip.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
chilkootcee said:
I hope this isn't a dumb question...but how do people find out what the UCI number for their spouse is? When is it assigned?

I've received SA and have been checking ECAS using my info and the UCI provided in the AOR1 letter, but it dawned upon me that maybe we should be entering my husband's details...that after SA they basically don't update my ECAS (even though it show two sections - Sponsor and Applicant).

Can anyone shed some light on this? In particular the spouse ECAS number. Is it assigned once the VO overseas received / opens the application?

Plus...is the UCI unique to the person and has nothing to do with their various applications? Because at this point my husband has two different ones from TRV's that we've applied for....even though the second TRV referenced the first one (including UCI number)

Maybe I'm just tired ;)

C.
You can just put in the application number but with your spouse's' information to get the alternate applicant version. The sponsor version shows both results on mine, but I'm not sure if that only happens after final DM.

ad rasheed

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
hi all,

i have send my application as sponsor on may 30th 2015. yesterday i received a letter form cic that my application is approved and that my file is transfered to London visa office. when i checked y online status it says " We received your application to sponsor null wife name June 8, 2015". why NULL is written before her name? also the processing time i checked for London visa office is 28 months, does it really take that long?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
ad rasheed said:
hi all,

i have send my application as sponsor on may 30th 2015. yesterday i received a letter form cic that my application is approved and that my file is transfered to London visa office. when i checked y online status it says " We received your application to sponsor null wife name June 8, 2015". why NULL is written before her name? also the processing time i checked for London visa office is 28 months, does it really take that long?
The null thing sounds like a database bug of some sort, I'd give it a few days incase they are fixing it, then call CIC and report it. I think the London average is about a year, but the 28 months is because they started processing applications from Pakistan. It just depends on what country you are from and your situation. A British citizen is unlikely to be waiting 28 months.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Aquakitty said:
You can just put in the application number but with your spouse's' information to get the alternate applicant version. The sponsor version shows both results on mine, but I'm not sure if that only happens after final DM.
What a mess...I don't know why they don't put both UCI numbers on all correspondence. I have found out since that my husband's UCI number is the same as the first TRV application (a year prior)...and when we applied for second TRV this year, he received a new number (hence my confusion).

I checked because last night I was able to access his ECAS using the first TRV UCI numbers (but I tried again this morning and now I cannot - which really scares me.

For those who have had no interaction with CIC prior to PRV application, not sure how they ever find out their husband's UCI number.

So I sent a general comment via the web site asking how to resolve and they said to contact CIC! Only way for me to do this was yet another case specific inquiry to the Amman VO...they are not going to like us (but what can I do?)

So...it's sent....hopefully that will be my last inquiry for a while. I'll just order CAIPS notes periodically (probably won't do that for a few months yet).

Thank you for all of your advice and help.

C.

Lotusflower

Aug 20, 2015
Greetings! We are a same-sex couple who applied for PR under Family Class- conjugal partner. Here is our time-line and our current dilemma.

SEPT 2014- mailed off application to Mississauga

NOV 2014- sponsorship approved

DEC 2014- application for PR received in Manila Embassy

FEB 2015- passport request along with appendix A

APRIL 2015- interview

MAY 2015- request for NBI (my second time sending)

MAY 2015- reassessment of medical

AUG 12, 2015- checked e-cas:
"In-process"
1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 12, 2014.
2. We started processing your application on April 28, 2015.
3. Medical results have been received.
4. We sent you correspondence on August 5, 2015 to [insert my address here], about the decision on your application. If we have sent your application to the wrong address, please contact us.

AUG 12, 2015- I emailed immigration concerning the letter since it had already been a week and kindly asked them if there was anyway to track it.

AUG 18, 2015- Response from immigration:
Please be advised that no additional documentation/information is required from you at this time. This file is currently in process. We will advise if additional information/documentation is required.

Can anyone offer some kind of insight on our application or is or has been on the same situation. I'm so confused as to why they would respond back with saying that our application is still in process when the e-cas info clearly says that they have made a decision and have sent a correspondence letter. (Which I still have not received and it's been 2 weeks now)

Any input or good vibes would be appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
chilkootcee said:
What a mess...I don't know why they don't put both UCI numbers on all correspondence. I have found out since that my husband's UCI number is the same as the first TRV application (a year prior)...and when we applied for second TRV this year, he received a new number (hence my confusion).

I checked because last night I was able to access his ECAS using the first TRV UCI numbers (but I tried again this morning and now I cannot - which really scares me.

For those who have had no interaction with CIC prior to PRV application, not sure how they ever find out their husband's UCI number.

So I sent a general comment via the web site asking how to resolve and they said to contact CIC! Only way for me to do this was yet another case specific inquiry to the Amman VO...they are not going to like us (but what can I do?)

So...it's sent....hopefully that will be my last inquiry for a while. I'll just order CAIPS notes periodically (probably won't do that for a few months yet).

Thank you for all of your advice and help.

C.
You tried with the actual application number (not UCI)?

pjlk

Aug 20, 2015
Hello, this is my first post. I have worries about my eligibility as sponsor, though it is not mentioned in the list.

I came to Canada on 2013 as PR, since then i have stayed only 3 months, I have worked for 2 months, then I went back to Philippines(2014) and got married to my long time girlfriend. Also i have to settle some family business major issues. I have been away from Canada for about 15 months.

Now I am back, Aug 2015 readying my application. Though I have to go back again to Philippines on Oct because my sister is getting married. I plan going back to Canada on December. From there I am going to pass my application and stay in Canada until I get news.

So, am I still eligible to apply? I mean, wont immigration deny/reject my application as I have stayed more time in Phils than in Canada? I have a strong intent living in Canada as long as i can bring my wife.

Thank you for reading.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
chilkootcee said:

Try with your husband's information and the file number. This starts with "F000" and would have come in the sponsor approval email.

ECAS goes down a few times for most people. Don't stress if you can't login for a few days.

redhotgalego

Star Member
Aug 20, 2015
Hi all,

I hope you guys can help me. I am from Spain and are in Canada with a working holiday visa that expires in about 20 days. About three months ago I met a Canadian girl. If my visa expires I have to go back home, there´s no way to extend it or to get a different visa that allows me to stay here. That would mean that we´d have to break up.

In order to avoid that, we´ve decided that she´d sponsor me to obtain a permanent residency. Since we haven´t lived together and met only three months ago, we can not be a common law couple, so we´ve decided to get married, which will happen next week. I know, the story is crazy this far, but we decided that it was worth it giving our relationship a chance.

It seems like applying outland would take over 16 months, and that´s a long time to be separated. So, we´ve decided to apply inland, so I can get an open work permit in about four months (that´s what the immigration officer told me it takes right now). When I apply I´ll be in Canada, however, I plan to go back home for two or three months since it´s way cheaper and I can work there, so I can save some money, and come back once I have the OWP. That way we can be together again maybe by new years eve! (or shortly after).

We have pictures of our relationship, messages, friends are going to write letters to back us up... but haven´t lived together yet (we plan to do it, though, as soon as I come back and can work again) and only knew each other for about three months.

So I wanted to know your opinion, how do you see it? Do we have any chance? Is it a good idea for me to leave during those months? In the case that leaving was a terrible idea, would we have good chances considering our situation?

Thanks a lot!

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Done before(January),renewed, April 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
Yes better go back home and come back.coz overstaying too is not a good idea.and if your application is refused after overstaying you would be in bad situation.but after going back, and comingback, that also could be a good proof of your rltsips.but if you want take risk tooand overstay ,,you can, but that's not my view.