Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
March 17, 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015 (Up Front)
Hi seniors. just need some advice regarding lmia. My cousin have been offered a job in Edmonton, and the employer is willing to process lmia. But the problem that I can see is that the number of employee working there is as low as just 2 people. Do you think lmia will still be positive? Please give me advice. Thanks. I just wanna make sure that it'll be positive coz I want to be with my cousin here.

osinis

Aug 11, 2015
Hello everyone

I am sponsoring my common in law partner and after about six months we have received the Confirmation of Permanent Residency. Since she is currently in her home country in Europe, we had the COPR sent to my address in Canada. Now, we have two questions (one is just a confirmation):

Throughout the forms, we indicated that we'd be living in Montreal, Quebec, but this may change by the time she moves here as I may be getting a job elsewhere in the country. If I understand correctly, it shouldn't be a problem if she lands at any other international airport since she already has the CSQ? We're not necessarily obliged to be living in Quebec, right?

Since the COPR documents are in my possession, is it possible for me to show up at the airport when she lands and have an agent bring it to her? Or should I send the originals by mail so she has them in her possession upon landing (I'm kind of weary of sending them by mail because her country's postal system is notorious for being ineffective)?

Cheers

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Jonick said:
My husband who is a Canadian citizen sponsors me. We live in BC and we have send an inland application which was received by CIC in March 2015. Would it be possible to change my inland application to an Outland application? In other words, would it be worthwhile for me to go and live outside of Canada, in South Africa (my country of origin) or in the USA which is closer, in order to get processed faster?

Thanks for any help or advice

:eek:
Yes it's possible, you need to send in a letter withdrawing your application. They need your signature on the letter. Put all your info, client ID # etc in the letter. When we did it we just said we were withdrawing it to apply outland.
Then you need to create an outland application as the forms and requirements are different.
As for where to live, do you not need a visa to enter the US? Why would that be an option over living in Canada with a visa?

August2015

Star Member
Jan 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Flaswere, check the CIC timelines as of today they are working on applications received on June 8th give it some time check the processing time lines for your question, all the best
flashwere said:
Sponsor package was received in Mississauga on 22nd of June, still haven't received any confirmation emails or letter, I try calling CIC and they wont give me acknowledgement that they received it. I tried to check with receipt number but its not working.

Anyone else close to those dates still waiting?
Anyone else close to those dates received letter?

How to check status without UCI number?

Regards

Simon

cutesilverangel

Aug 6, 2014
Spousal sponsorship- Manila Outland

hello everyone!

i am getting so paranoid because i don't see ECAS being updated. All i can see is Application received and medical result received? What does this mean?
I am sponosring my husband from Philippines and here is my outline

March 17,2015 application receive by CIC

May 21,2015 Sponsor Application Approved

May 25,2015 application received in Manila canadian visa office

July 6,2015 email confirming application received in Manila

July 6, 2015 police clearance certificate in singapore request

July 30,2015 send SG police clearance by courier

my question is, since they already requested for Police Clearance, is it mean that they started processing his papers even it doesnt say Processing on ECAS

thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Re: Spousal sponsorship- Manila Outland

cutesilverangel said:
my question is, since they already requested for Police Clearance, is it mean that they started processing his papers even it doesnt say Processing on ECAS
No - this doesn't necessarily mean that they have started processing your application. Most people send the police clearances along with the original application package. So the visa office is most likely just requesting documents that are missing from your application.

cutesilverangel

Aug 6, 2014
thank you for the quick response. Any March 2015 Applicant here? I want to compare my timeline with them
so frustrating waiting and no update from Ecas

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
cutesilverangel said:
thank you for the quick response. Any March 2015 Applicant here? I want to compare my timeline with them
so frustrating waiting and no update from Ecas
Check my forum signature for March spreadsheet link. I think there is also a Manila spreadsheet out there.

Roxa112

Aug 12, 2015
Hi,

We are going to apply for the spousal sponsorship, as I did not have enough points for the express entry. My current job did not have an LMIA.

I am in Canada on a 2 year work visa which is due to expire in July 2016. I have some questions regarding the spousal sponsorship:

1) I have seen online that you can apply for a open work permit and send this in with your PR application. Does anyone know how long this takes to be approved, or if everyone gets it, would there be a chance I may not get it?

2) If I became pregnant after we sent in the application or while it was being processed what would happen? Would we have to notify the immigration, would it effect our application?

Thank you

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
Roxa112 said:
Hi,

We are going to apply for the spousal sponsorship, as I did not have enough points for the express entry. My current job did not have an LMIA.

I am in Canada on a 2 year work visa which is due to expire in July 2016. I have some questions regarding the spousal sponsorship:

1) I have seen online that you can apply for a open work permit and send this in with your PR application. Does anyone know how long this takes to be approved, or if everyone gets it, would there be a chance I may not get it?

2) If I became pregnant after we sent in the application or while it was being processed what would happen? Would we have to notify the immigration, would it effect our application?

Thank you
hi roxa, Your status and your spouse status are not clear. kindly write more details so that any member can suggest you better.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Roxa112 said:

1) You only qualify for an OWP if you apply using the inland process. The OWP will be approved approximately four months after the application is submitted.
2) This could cause delays to your application depending on when you get pregnant vs. when CIC requests the medical (or new medicals) from you since most doctors recommend against having an xray done while pregnant (which means you can't complete the medical until after you give birth).

bach

Aug 12, 2015
Quick question for everyone: We're about to apply for inland sponsorship (my wife is Canadian). However we're moving to Canada in a week and we don't know yet what our permanent address will be. Can we apply for the visa + OWP before we have a permanent address in Canada? If so, do we need to let cic know about our change of address and how will that affect the process?

Thanks!!
Bach

Mishaalijaz

Star Member
Aug 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2015, in process 11 sep 2015, got original doc back on 17 Sep
Doc's Request.
September 23 , delivered 5 Oct
File Transfer...
June 2015
Med's Request
Not yet.
Passport Req..
October 20, 2015
hello everyone!!

my husband is in BC Canada ,he filed my case on Feb 2015,then he got an email that our application had been received, then 3 months back he received an email that our application is further moved to London.my question is our onlie status at CIC Website is "Decision Made" from last two months.what does it mean? what we should do further ? kindly tell me

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Mishaalijaz said:
hello everyone!!

my husband is in BC Canada ,he filed my case on Feb 2015,then he got an email that our application had been received, then 3 months back he received an email that our application is further moved to London.my question is our onlie status at CIC Website is "Decision Made" from last two months.what does it mean? what we should do further ? kindly tell me
The "Decision Made" means he was approved as a sponsor. It doesn't mean that the entire application has been reviewed and approved yet.

Mishaalijaz

Star Member
Aug 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2015, in process 11 sep 2015, got original doc back on 17 Sep
Doc's Request.
September 23 , delivered 5 Oct
File Transfer...
June 2015
Med's Request
Not yet.
Passport Req..
October 20, 2015
scylla said:
The "Decision Made" means he was approved as a sponsor. It doesn't mean that the entire application has been reviewed and approved yet.
thnx :)