28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
cBert said:
I am a Canadian citizen also with UK citizenship, living and working in London. My husband is a UK citizen and our daughter, born last year in London, is a UK citizen.
Assuming you were born in Canada - your daughter is already a Canadian citizen. You do not need to sponsor her. You need to apply for proof of citizenship for her. You can apply for this now: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/proof.asp

Note that you will obviously need your spouses permission if at some point you want to remove your daughter from the UK and move with her to Canada.

cBert

Aug 8, 2015
^^ thank you, I understood this to be the case as well but after spending some time on the CIC website, every form I looked at said the applicant must be a permanent resident to apply for citizenship. I will look again, I had really hoped she could get her citizenship outside the family sponsorship process.

ABluesky

Aug 8, 2015
Hello!
I'm a A conditional Pr married to a Canadian citizen and we have a 1 year old! We have been married for 3 years and I have been a PR for 8 months! After the birth of our baby our marriage started to go downhill because my husband has a severe drinking problem! I have tried to make things work and help him with his addiction but with no success! At this point I'm considering divorce because he is a very lousy father and husband, even though he is a great person! He is not physically abusive, but I guess his addiction is an emotional abuse to me and eventually to our baby once she is old enough to understand! I am considering talking to an immigration lawyer, however I am wondering if my situation qualifies as an exception to the conditional PR or if I have to suck it until my PR is no longer conditional!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
cBert said:
^^ thank you, I understood this to be the case as well but after spending some time on the CIC website, every form I looked at said the applicant must be a permanent resident to apply for citizenship. I
That's if you are applying for a grant of citizenship (meaning you weren't born a citizen) - then you need to be a PR first. This rule doesn't apply to your daughter. Your daughter is a citizen by birth because you are a citizen. You were looking at the wrong forms. You need to use the link I provided to you earlier.

kiwi01

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/11/2015
Med's Done....
30/09/2015
Looking for some specific advice on marriage licences in Ontario. Do birth certificates for the overseas half have to be authenticated by the home government>

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
ABluesky said:
Hello!
I'm a A conditional Pr married to a Canadian citizen and we have a 1 year old! We have been married for 3 years and I have been a PR for 8 months! After the birth of our baby our marriage started to go downhill because my husband has a severe drinking problem! I have tried to make things work and help him with his addiction but with no success! At this point I'm considering divorce because he is a very lousy father and husband, even though he is a great person! He is not physically abusive, but I guess his addiction is an emotional abuse to me and eventually to our baby once she is old enough to understand! I am considering talking to an immigration lawyer, however I am wondering if my situation qualifies as an exception to the conditional PR or if I have to suck it until my PR is no longer conditional!
Has he tried to get help at all? Addictions are terrible things that wreck families, but they can be overcome with support, obviously I don't know your situation. Have you tried to give him an ultimatum? That was enough to start my Dad on the path to quitting drinking wayyy back. If he just started drinking out of the blue maybe there is a specific reason behind it, though these things can creep up on you.

You can start your conditional PR exception just by phoning the call centre. Read this article it explains most things: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/family-sponsorship.asp

VN

May 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2015
VN said:
Hi people, I am stuck with a few minor but important questions and am hoping you guys can help:

1. In the document checklist for Sponsor (IMM 5491) under # 19 it asks "If you must meet the minimum income requirement" then you have to provide some documents. My question is - what is the minimum income requirement? Also, for rental income, it gives an example of "evidence" - "statement of real estate rentals" - what exactly is this?

2. In the India specific guide, Appendix A, #2 - they require some documents for any family member who is a Canadian citizen or PR - now if my wife has a sister who is a PR already - do we need to provide her information? Or by family do they mean just husband and wife?

3. In the India specific guide, Appendix A, #8 - you are supposed to provide photos of your "family" - again who is family according to them - just husband and wife or mother, father, sister, brother?

Thanks in advance guys!!
Hey guys, I would really appreciate if someone can help with this...... :-X

ABluesky

Aug 8, 2015
Thanks for the reply,
He has been to rehab before we got married and I supported him through it! We went through with our marriage agreeing that he would not drink! Soon enough he went back to the habit, but it was more occasional, the last year it has become an everyday thing.I've given him an ultimatum but it doesn't seem to concern my husband! I have read every single information regarding his addiction but I haven't been able to find a way to help him! I've played physiologist with him but that didn't get us anywhere either! So divorce seems the logical step at this point!
Aquakitty said:
Has he tried to get help at all? Addictions are terrible things that wreck families, but they can be overcome with support, obviously I don't know your situation. Have you tried to give him an ultimatum? That was enough to start my Dad on the path to quitting drinking wayyy back. If he just started drinking out of the blue maybe there is a specific reason behind it, though these things can creep up on you.

You can start your conditional PR exception just by phoning the call centre. Read this article it explains most things:

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
ABluesky said:
Thanks for the reply,
He has been to rehab before we got married and I supported him through it! We went through with our marriage agreeing that he would not drink! Soon enough he went back to the habit, but it was more occasional, the last year it has become an everyday thing.I've given him an ultimatum but it doesn't seem to concern my husband! I have read every single information regarding his addiction but I haven't been able to find a way to help him! I've played physiologist with him but that didn't get us anywhere either! So divorce seems the logical step at this point!
Then ya that sounds like grounds for an exception to me. Sorry it went this way for you, good luck with everything :(

flashwere

Aug 8, 2015
Sponsor package was received in Mississauga on 22nd of June, still haven't received any confirmation emails or letter, I try calling CIC and they wont give me acknowledgement that they received it. I tried to check with receipt number but its not working.

Anyone else close to those dates still waiting?
Anyone else close to those dates received letter?

How to check status without UCI number?

Regards

Simon

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
flashwere said:
Sponsor package was received in Mississauga on 22nd of June, still haven't received any confirmation emails or letter, I try calling CIC and they wont give me acknowledgement that they received it. I tried to check with receipt number but its not working.

Anyone else close to those dates still waiting?
Anyone else close to those dates received letter?

How to check status without UCI number?

Regards

Simon
So you saw through mail tracking they received it correct? Waiting over a month for AOR is not unusual. Give it some time.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
VN said:
Hey guys, I would really appreciate if someone can help with this...... :-X
Hi people, I am stuck with a few minor but important questions and am hoping you guys can help:

1. In the document checklist for Sponsor (IMM 5491) under # 19 it asks "If you must meet the minimum income requirement" then you have to provide some documents. My question is - what is the minimum income requirement? Also, for rental income, it gives an example of "evidence" - "statement of real estate rentals" - what exactly is this?
The minimum requirement is for those with (this part is confusing) spouses with dependents who have dependents of their own (grandchildren) as far as I know. Is this your case? The minimum income in this case ranges from about $22,000 to $48,000 depending on the number of people you are supporting. Otherwise you just fill out the Sponsorship evaluation form.

Rental property income is the income you receive if someone is renting a place that you own or sublet. So say you own an apartment and rent it out, the monthly rent they pay you is rental income. Say you rent a house, then move out and rent this to someone else. This is a sublet and the money you receive is rental income. If someone rents a room or suite in your house, same thing, rental income.

2. In the India specific guide, Appendix A, #2 - they require some documents for any family member who is a Canadian citizen or PR - now if my wife has a sister who is a PR already - do we need to provide her information? Or by family do they mean just husband and wife?

3. In the India specific guide, Appendix A, #8 - you are supposed to provide photos of your "family" - again who is family according to them - just husband and wife or mother, father, sister, brother?
Not sure on these ones, try asking in the New Dehli thread if no one answered here.

jaytanz

Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2014
Interview........
Recommended on 27th April 2016 (Approved) DM 5th May
Passport Req..
9th May 2016
VISA ISSUED...
11th may 2016
LANDED..........
TRV ✌
kiwi01 said:
Looking for some specific advice on marriage licences in Ontario. Do birth certificates for the overseas half have to be authenticated by the home government>
I am an Indian Citizen my wife is an Canadian Citizen we got our marriage license back in February 2014 when we applied my birth certificate was not authenticated, till the time its in English or French (official language of Canada) you are good to go :)

NOTE - this is my personal experience you can ask further to a senior member.

good luck

mapatel8

Oct 16, 2014
Hello friends

i have applied for spousal application in march 2015 and successfully approved by CPC-M and they send file to new delhi. my wife completed her medical exam on 15 july. i just checked my online status, its said " in Process" but didn't said medical received. i am so much worried about it.
its only 2 week after i seen status changed. how do i contact cic at new delhi and make sure they got all necessary document or not ??

plz, advise me, what should i do??