+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

Danish h

Jun 7, 2024
Hello all, Canadian here, in a relationship with a Pakistani national.

I am Canadian citizen born and raised (Pakistani origin but no nicop card). She is Pakistani currently in the US on a j1 study visa but will have to return to Karachi in August upon completion of her studies. She has a valid 10 yr TRV for Canada.

We have some pictures from early in our relationship and I have kept boarding passes from when I went to visit her in USA.

Looking for tips on how to go about marriage and spousal sponsorship.

In my head a timeline looks like this:
2024- Get engaged in Pakistan (visit her family for first time). Take photos for file, keep boarding passes.
Early 2025 - get nikkah and rukhsati done in Pakistan. I have read it is important to get rukhsati done if possible as only nikkah marriages are often seen as inauthentic. Take photos for file. Keep boarding passes.
Early 2025 - she moves to Canada with me on TRV with stay of 6 months (or five months to be safe). Return ticket booked to avoid problems at admission.
Early 2025 - apply for inland spousal sponsorship. Most documents in our control, but will have to apply for police records check in USA and Pakistan. Can we apply for this early or should we wait until after nikkah at least?
...10 months processing time currently...
After aor recieved, apply for owp
If aor not recieved before TRV stay expires, apply for visitor record to extend her stay in Canada
... Biometrics and medical check can be done WITHIN Canada as this would be an inland application.
.... Interview may be done within Canada if required
.... This entire time she cannot travel outside of Canada until copr is recieved

Am I missing anything in the process? Any tips on documents I need to collect from Pakistan for the nikkah? What about documents to collect from the US? I would've liked her to get FBI police check before she leaves USA in August but I read that the police check needs to be acquired AFTER her time spent in the US.

I am also considering Outland sponsorship and THEN having her travel to Canada. The downside with this is she would have to travel back to Pakistan for biometrics/medical/interview I think? Upside is she doesn't need to stay in Canada for the entire process (not trapped).

If you've gone through the process, what did you learn? What do you wish you had done earlier/differently to make things easier?

Thanks for your help, and hopefully this can serve as information for others too.

Last edited:

Pindimurree

Star Member
Nov 1, 2015
Oshawa
My timeline:

Submission: Dec 24, 2022
AOR: Feb 19, 2023
AOR2: Mar 09, 2023
Biometrics Request: Mar 09, 2023
Biometrics submitted: Mar 10, 2023
Biometrics updated: Mar 10, 2023
Sponsor Approval: Mar 10, 2023
Medical Request: June 07, 2023
Medical Submitted: June 22, 2023
TRV applied: June 23, 2023
Medical Completed: June 25, 2023
TRV refused: Aug 10, 2023
Eligibility In-progress: Oct 2, 2023
Ghost update: Oct 2, 2023
Email about Interview: Mar 07, 2024
Ghost update: Mar 11, 2024
Ghost update: Mar 28, 2024
Interview Request: May 02, 2024
Interview: June 05, 2024 (no decision)
Eligibility complete: June 05, 2024 (June 11 on tracker)
Pre-arrival: June 06, 2024
Re-medical request: June 06, 2024
Background check in-progress: June 06, 2024
Background check complete: June 07, 2024 (June 11 on tracker)
Medical in-progress: June 11, 2024

What do you guys think is next? They haven’t told us if our interview was a pass. Do you think it is a good sign and what will be the next step and how long?

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
My timeline:

Submission: Dec 24, 2022
AOR: Feb 19, 2023
AOR2: Mar 09, 2023
Biometrics Request: Mar 09, 2023
Biometrics submitted: Mar 10, 2023
Biometrics updated: Mar 10, 2023
Sponsor Approval: Mar 10, 2023
Medical Request: June 07, 2023
Medical Submitted: June 22, 2023
TRV applied: June 23, 2023
Medical Completed: June 25, 2023
TRV refused: Aug 10, 2023
Eligibility In-progress: Oct 2, 2023
Ghost update: Oct 2, 2023
Email about Interview: Mar 07, 2024
Ghost update: Mar 11, 2024
Ghost update: Mar 28, 2024
Interview Request: May 02, 2024
Interview: June 05, 2024 (no decision)
Eligibility complete: June 05, 2024 (June 11 on tracker)
Pre-arrival: June 06, 2024
Re-medical request: June 06, 2024
Background check in-progress: June 06, 2024
Background check complete: June 07, 2024 (June 11 on tracker)
Medical in-progress: June 11, 2024

What do you guys think is next? They haven’t told us if our interview was a pass. Do you think it is a good sign and what will be the next step and how long?
Salams. Within 15days from the date medical results are uploaded, you will first see Final Decision section in IRCC secure account, getting a date stamp.
That should be followed by COPR number appearing in the tracker. And lastly Passport request.
How soon all of this will take place?
I hope its next 15 days, but the way they have handled your file, looks more like 1-2 months. Pls don't buy tickets till you get your passport in hand with the visa. Some ppl get it within 5days, some are getting it back after a month. CIC is a gold standard for randomness.

Reactions: Pindimurree

Pindimurree

Star Member
Nov 1, 2015
Oshawa
Salams. Within 15days from the date medical results are uploaded, you will first see Final Decision section in IRCC secure account, getting a date stamp.
That should be followed by COPR number appearing in the tracker. And lastly Passport request.
How soon all of this will take place?
I hope its next 15 days, but the way they have handled your file, looks more like 1-2 months. Pls don't buy tickets till you get your passport in hand with the visa. Some ppl get it within 5days, some are getting it back after a month. CIC is a gold standard for randomness.
Do you think the interview was a pass?

Pindimurree

Star Member
Nov 1, 2015
Oshawa
I'm Curious, why did they require interview from you? Any reason you can think of which prompted an interview?
May I know what did they ask in interview? Was there any question they kept repeating?
There was something personal in my own immigration history. Not really related to my marriage. But I already knew I would be questioned about it during spousal application.

When our eligibility started, I requested, GCMS notes and the officer had stated that he was convinced the marriage was genuine but required an interview to confirm something.

When they questioned my wife, they asked questions to check if our marriage was genuine and they were satisfied. Especially with all our trips and voluntary submission of photos and documents.

However, when they questioned me, they simply and directly asked me about my past application and the information within it, I answered it and that was it. They didn’t keep questioning it or asking the same thing again, but verbally clarified whatever they wanted to. So interviewing my wife was a formality, but interviewing me was the main reason. My interview was 15 mins at most.

zaynwithay

Mar 29, 2024
There was something personal in my own immigration history. Not really related to my marriage. But I already knew I would be questioned about it during spousal application.

When our eligibility started, I requested, GCMS notes and the officer had stated that he was convinced the marriage was genuine but required an interview to confirm something.

When they questioned my wife, they asked questions to check if our marriage was genuine and they were satisfied. Especially with all our trips and voluntary submission of photos and documents.

However, when they questioned me, they simply and directly asked me about my past application and the information within it, I answered it and that was it. They didn’t keep questioning it or asking the same thing again, but verbally clarified whatever they wanted to. So interviewing my wife was a formality, but interviewing me was the main reason. My interview was 15 mins at most.
Brother! Was it a tourist visa maybe that you submitted in past and got rejected or had a concern? Because my application seems like it is stuck and I am wondering if the TRV i applied in the past and got rejected could be the reason. This TRV i applied before applying for Spousal PR. I am just trying to cross match. I also have another history, my wife being a canadian contacted the canadian global watch and she asked for their help in making our child's passport fast so she can go back to canada after she had a child in pakistan and they did make it urgent and it worked. Is it something similar maybe? You dont have to say what is different with you but if you can with knowledge that you have highlight if I should also be expecting an interview or not for any of these 2 past happs with Canada. JazakAllah

React

Jun 13, 2024
Pakistan
Category........
FAM
Med's Done....
23-12-2023
Are there applicants here who have exceeded 12 month waiting time for PPR?
If yes, can you pls briefly mention what date you submitted application...and what's status... eligibility/background etc.

Starting with me... 2 June 23.... eligibility not started, background in progress.. For the past 5-7 months.
Me
I applied on June 23, everything is completed except for the background check which is in progress since 26-12-2023, can please anyone guide me what I can do next

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Me
I applied on June 23, everything is completed except for the background check which is in progress since 26-12-2023, can please anyone guide me what I can do next
Simple answer is....NOTHING.
For your own satisfaction, yes you can send webform. Ask them why its taking 12 months, when cic shows updated processing time as 10 months.
Call your MPs office. Request them to provide the same info.
Other than that, its simply wait and see game.

Pindimurree

Star Member
Nov 1, 2015
Oshawa
Brother! Was it a tourist visa maybe that you submitted in past and got rejected or had a concern? Because my application seems like it is stuck and I am wondering if the TRV i applied in the past and got rejected could be the reason. This TRV i applied before applying for Spousal PR. I am just trying to cross match. I also have another history, my wife being a canadian contacted the canadian global watch and she asked for their help in making our child's passport fast so she can go back to canada after she had a child in pakistan and they did make it urgent and it worked. Is it something similar maybe? You dont have to say what is different with you but if you can with knowledge that you have highlight if I should also be expecting an interview or not for any of these 2 past happs with Canada. JazakAllah
My wife’s TRV was rejected too. That’s not an issue at all. The issue was with circumstances under which I had obtained my permanent residency. That’s all. The things you have mentioned are not issues at all. Unless you provide conflicting information, but I doubt that’s the case.

You’ll hear back soon. In shaa Allah! Stay hopeful.

Umair72y

Jan 10, 2024
Karachi
Salam everyone, does anyone know how long background check last, it's been 5 months and our status has not changed, medical and biometric was done in January

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013

Thank you for sharing in detail.
I certainly hope and believe that your interview was a pass, cuz firstly, decision made appeared on June 5th, same date as interview. Secondly, they asked for medicals after the interview.
So inshaAllah your wife will be getting the Passport request pretty soon.

Reactions: Pindimurree

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Reactions: Noorulabdeen

Pindimurree

Star Member
Nov 1, 2015
Oshawa
Thank you for sharing in detail.
I certainly hope and believe that your interview was a pass, cuz firstly, decision made appeared on June 5th, same date as interview. Secondly, they asked for medicals after the interview.
So inshaAllah your wife will be getting the Passport request pretty soon.
Thank you! Really hopeful and excited for it. Been waiting a long time.

Noorulabdeen

Star Member
Aug 19, 2023
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, Uk
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-07-2023
AOR Received.