Biometric Request-31st October 2023
Biometrics done- 6th November 2023
Medical request-13th March 2024
Medical done-19th March 2024
Eligibility completed- 16th April
Prearrival received- 18th April 2024
BG Verification started-19th April 2024

(Ghost update on tracker 6th May 2024)

There has been nothing since then and it's been 3 months since background verification. Has anyone been in the same boat?

Plus, first i was receiving correspondence from Central Intake Office, Sydney NS (up till medical request) but then i got pre arrival from London. Please someone clarify if my VO London?

Thank you in advance

Jul 13, 2024
Submission on 14th July
Biometric done and passed : 18th October
Medical done and completed: 29th December
Eligibility in progress: 7th March
Background in progress: Don't know the exact date it went into progress but uptill now it is in progress.
Hi, can you please tell your status as of now?

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi everyone. Below is my timeline:

Applied-30th Aug 2023
AOR-26 October 2023
Biometric Request-31st October 2023
Biometrics done- 6th November 2023
Medical request-13th March 2024
Medical done-19th March 2024
Eligibility completed- 16th April
Prearrival received- 18th April 2024
BG Verification started-19th April 2024

(Ghost update on tracker 6th May 2024)

There has been nothing since then and it's been 3 months since background verification. Has anyone been in the same boat?

Plus, first i was receiving correspondence from Central Intake Office, Sydney NS (up till medical request) but then i got pre arrival from London. Please someone clarify if my VO London?

Thank you in advance
BG verification usually takes 3-10 months, depending on applicant's luck (nope, not your travel history, not your work background.. Those things are irrelevant).
Your eligibility is completed which is a good thing.

Since you got communication from London VO, your file has been transferred there.

It's completely normal to have no communication from IRCC and then after months or a year, start getting communication. That's how they run and that's what I have read here on this thread...and also experiencing the same.

Applicants from February and March are getting their PPR now...A couple lucky ones from August/September also got it. But I'd say have patience, it will take sometime.

Pindimurree

Star Member
Nov 1, 2015
Oshawa
So u must have applied somewhere in Fall of 2022?
And you got PPR in July 2024??

Most applicants in this thread should expect 18-24 months timeline....or raise their voice collectively or individually tagging their MPs, Marc Miller and other concerned individuals that why do applicants have to suffer at the hands of LONDON VISA OFFICE. If other offices are processing within 7 months, cic is posting 10 months....then why applicants from this thread have to wait for 20 MONTHS??

Are their hidden policies in effect for citizens of certain countries, or their occupational background (NOC) acts against them....
This needs to be clarified. MP office has NO CLUE and are completely in dark about CIC. So your communication campaign needs to target Minister Marc Miller and CIC staff spearheading such policies.

Take action now. Twitter, Youtube, insta or Facebook campaign....soundbites of people frustrated with variation of processing times, silence from cic and seemingly discriminatory processing times based on origin....we need to highlight that...pool money, get backing of few tri-partisan MP, supporting this campaign on video, questioning CiC, and some digital media + campaign wizards should volunteer their time and expertise to execute this campaign.

The BLACK BOX attitude of CIC needs to be put under scrutiny. Trackers give you static outdated, sometimes wrong info. Call centers do not have info about applications in London Visa Office. GCMS takes 30 days to sent out....WTF??? This is 2024 or 1985?? Who are the top officers, who are the case officers? Their age, education and exposure to immigrants.
i totally agree. I found this a while ago and had all my friends/family sign it already. I know it won’t change anything for my case but I hope people after us can get better results out of IRCC.

Reactions: InfoSeeker12

guydecent

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
I would appreciate if someone can clarify my doubt about signing of documents that require signature by both husband(sponsor-in Canada) and wife(applicant-Pakistan), especially the Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] form. I (the sponsor) am going to be using my address for all correspondence hence it is required that I fill out that form as per The Guide. Now my questions:

1- Is it possible to do non-digital signatures by using scanned copies ?
2- Does the order of digital signatures matter?

Thanks !

SHABSBUTT

Jul 18, 2012
Take it easy bro as it's not as complicated. There's no time stamp in the background of this file.

I've filled it on numerous occasions and simply put the same date for both me and my wife.

Use of digital signatures for both is much easier and acceptable. But you can use the scan method too.

best of luck!

I would appreciate if someone can clarify my doubt about signing of documents that require signature by both husband(sponsor-in Canada) and wife(applicant-Pakistan), especially the Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] form. I (the sponsor) am going to be using my address for all correspondence hence it is required that I fill out that form as per The Guide. Now my questions:

1- Is it possible to do non-digital signatures by using scanned copies ?
2- Does the order of digital signatures matter?

Thanks !

Reactions: guydecent

Mudassir khan

May 26, 2023
salam to everyone i have done my medical for Pr on 2nd july in iom maroof international islambad and they send medical result to ircc on 9th july soo in how much days does ircc will ask for passport submission

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
To SPOUSAL applicants/sponsors, who have been through interview in Pakistan, need your help.

- for applicants based in pindi/islamabad, where do they have to go for interview?
- how is the process initiated? You get an email request for interview? Shows up on IRCC account?
- do they give an appointment date/time....OR applicants have the flexibility to schedule it online (like scheduling for biometrics)?
- appointments dates are available few weeks ahead or 1, 2, 3 months?
- how long does the interview last? 30-45 mins, 1-2hrs?
- do they simply repeat questions asked in the form? Like...how did you meet? Did your family knew each other? Etc Etc...Any new questions?
- how soon CIC tracker gets updates/asks for next step..... after the interview? I guess next, they'd ask for medical?

If any London visa office applicant has gone through the interview process, will be grateful to learn & prepare from your experience.

agentorange_

Star Member
Mar 9, 2023
To SPOUSAL applicants/sponsors, who have been through interview in Pakistan, need your help.

- for applicants based in pindi/islamabad, where do they have to go for interview?
- how is the process initiated? You get an email request for interview? Shows up on IRCC account?
- do they give an appointment date/time....OR applicants have the flexibility to schedule it online (like scheduling for biometrics)?
- appointments dates are available few weeks ahead or 1, 2, 3 months?
- how long does the interview last? 30-45 mins, 1-2hrs?
- do they simply repeat questions asked in the form? Like...how did you meet? Did your family knew each other? Etc Etc...Any new questions?
- how soon CIC tracker gets updates/asks for next step..... after the interview? I guess next, they'd ask for medical?

If any London visa office applicant has gone through the interview process, will be grateful to learn & prepare from your experience.
Sorry I don't have answers that you need right now. Hopefully you've gotten them already. Just wanted to know if you had any progress on your application since I know you've been waiting for so long

MAS2024

Jul 29, 2024
Dear friends and members,

In order to clarify the queries and questions of all applicants who have sponsored their Pakistani Spouses living in Pakistan.
This is thread is to clarify the misconceptions about spousal sponsorships of Pakistani applicants.
Here are few important questions.

Top Questions

1) Which is my visa office Islamabad or London?
Ans: London is now Visa office for all family and Spousal sponsorships for Pakistan since August 2013.

website for the proof:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/london.asp

2) I am a 2012 applicant my visa office was Islamabad, where is my file now.
Ans: Again, all old cases have been transferred to London Visa Office. So your file is now at London. So dont worry about file. send queries to LVO not Islamabad.

3) I did not received any communication after CPC Mississauga approval where is my file?
Ans: London Visa Office

Islamabad is only responsible for visit and student visa.
Are you sure visa office is LONDON not Abu Dhabi for Pakistani spousal sponsorship? your given link does not proof that for Pakistani application LONDON office is responsible instead check the following link to proof my claim that VO is Abu Dhabi for Pakistan.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/international-visa-offices.html#p

Hope everyone will be getting the correct information!

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Are you sure visa office is LONDON not Abu Dhabi for Pakistani spousal sponsorship? your given link does not proof that for Pakistani application LONDON office is responsible instead check the following link to proof my claim that VO is Abu Dhabi for Pakistan.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/international-visa-offices.html#p

Hope everyone will be getting the correct information!
Are you an Outland Spousal PR applicant from Pakistan? or sponsoring spouse from Pakistan?
Spousal applications for Pakistanis are going to London VO for many years. Proof??..we all got letters from CIC saying that our visa office is London.

Abu Dhabi VO is for processing TRV.

Unless something changed in the past 24hrs.

Last edited:

MAS2024

Jul 29, 2024
Are you an Outland Spousal PR applicant from Pakistan? or sponsoring spouse from Pakistan?
Spousal applications for Pakistanis are going to London VO for many years. Proof??..we all got letters from CIC saying that our visa office is London.

Abu Dhabi VO is for processing TRV.

Unless something changed in the past 24hrs.
Hmmm, that's something new to me! but when I called the CIC number within Canada the agent told me that the VO is Pakistan. Not sure, why would she said that...