07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
profiler said:
The process is a little different for QC too. It confused me for the longest time.

It's funny, the language being a barrier (well, not really), because a guy I work with speaks Parisian french. He grew up there. Yet, he ended up moving to Waterloo region (ON) for work. His first visit to QC was a visit to MTL for a weekend with his wife about 3 weeks ago...
Well, that is not a political forum... but there is a 30 percent of the population that would like Quebec to be a country... so the rest of us have to pay more taxes to have Quebec immigration, Quebec revenue agency,... which makes everything more complicating for nothing.

English is the second language of much more people than French is, that being said it doesn't prevent a French-speaking person to go in an English-speaking environment, but the opposite is less frequent. Quebec city with an about 4 percent unemployment rate could be quite attractive for immigration!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
MFraz said:
I see, only thing that makes me frustrated is that I have not been backhome for about 6 years and I am really home sick right now. I have the job and living a healthy life without PR :p but I Just want to get done with this now so I can visit my parents and siblings..

One more thing, My wife is pregnant, would this speed up the process or nothing?
If that was the case, I would have had another kidling by now...

No unfortunately, there is no means to line jump, and no officials you can try to bribe either.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
sylvain1 said:
Well, that is not a political forum... but there is a 30 percent of the population that would like Quebec to be a country... so the rest of us have to pay more taxes to have Quebec immigration, Quebec revenue agency,... which makes everything more complicating for nothing.

English is the second language of much more people than French is, that being said it doesn't prevent a French-speaking person to go in an English-speaking environment, but the opposite is less frequent. Quebec city with an about 4 percent unemployment rate could be quite attractive for immigration!
?

Who was being political. It is a little different, and it did confuse me. Eg: CSQ. The rest of the provinces do not require applicants to apply to live there. That's all I was saying. Nothing at all political behind it.

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
profiler said:
100% - it's a unicorn. If you find it, let me know where...

There is definitely I higher chance, yes. But as a Canadian PR, you may still require a non-immigrant wisa to wisit the US. The wisa you want is a DS-160 Non Immigrant Visa. When you get your PR card, file for it and wait for the interview. Assuming they grant it, you should be fine.
Botengcoke, PR holders need visa for US, if from a country that requires a visa.

You have to go to the US Consulate website and apply there and pay. Make sure you have the time to input everything. You will also need to upload electronic photos. They are really specific about the photograph specs so please go to a reputable place and not a hole in the wall.

After you do this then then the US Consulate closest to you will contact you with an appointment if and when the visa is approved to and to submit the passport and then will return passport to you. Good luck with the new President of the country you want to visit.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
profiler said:
?

Who was being political. It is a little different, and it did confuse me. Eg: CSQ. The rest of the provinces do not require applicants to apply to live there. That's all I was saying. Nothing at all political behind it.
No I meant to myself... to refrain talking about politics here, but why do we have CSQ or CAQ (for study permits)? because some wants Quebec to be a country. But for us, it just means more fees and time for nothing. That was nothing against your comment, don't worry!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
browning911 said:
Botengcoke, Residents (PR) of Canada who are landed immigrants need a passport and visa to enter the United States, unless they are a citizen of a country eligible for the Visa Waiver Program (VWP).

You have to go to the US Consulate website and apply there and pay. Make sure you have the time to input everything. You will also need to upload electronic photos. They are really specific about the photograph specs so please go to a reputable place and not a hole in the wall.

After you do this then then the US Consulate closest to you will contact you with an appointment if and when the visa is approved to and to submit the passport and then will return passport to you. Good luck with the new President of the country you want to visit.
lmao.

Wife wants to do a cruise, which, most leave from FL or TX. So, soon that will be us too...

polarvolcano

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
botengcoke said:
hi profiler just wanna ask if i can get a U.S VISA by this time.... 2 years ago i got denied because i am a foreign worker they are not satisfied. by this time i got a medical request and if they check my status in canada my SIN i have a application for permanent resident under spouse.. my question can i get 100 percent approved U.S VISA now? thank you.... planning to go to Los angeles this year probably in August.. thanks
If you currently have a work permit and reside in Canada you should be able to apply for a US tourist visa. I'm surprised they denied you before; myself and my foreign colleagues were all able to get US tourist visas without any problem. If you have your itinerary you should be ok, they ask for a contact in the US as well (I just used a friend's name and address, I don't know what to put there if you don't know anybody). The annoying part is since they denied you before, that will be on their record. Being a Canadian PR doesn't grant you entry to the US anyway so it doesn't really make a difference other than to show that you intend to return to Canada (leave the USA) after your visit. Pretty easy really.

MicMacle

Apr 13, 2017
Okay hello I have an update to my situation.

Summary so far:
Submitted application, received on November 9th, 2016, so we're currently at 5 months, 1 week, and 5 days since it was received. We have not received any emails or updates since our application was received. We have not even received our OWP which is what was causing us to worry. After (literally) hundreds of attempts to call the call centers, I was recommended through here to contact a local MP about my application which I did on Tuesday. This is what I was told today:

The assistant to the MP is the one who did the call. The person they called was able to confirm that they have our application (and police certificate, which was another question we had), and was still processing our OWP. The only thing the person they called could see about our OWP was that it is "being held for further review". It does not say why it is being held, nor how long it should take. The assistant asked if there's any reason I can think of why it would be held and I couldn't think of anything. They said they are completely making up this number and it should by no means be "quoted" but their best assumption is we might have the OWP in 2-4 weeks, but that is a guess because absolutely nothing they could see mentioned anything about why or how long this "being held" is here for.

My only question here is:
Does anyone else here have similar situations to this? Has anyone else heard of this? Does anyone else have a guess on how much longer it might take, out of curiosity? The assistant said it is very very very rare for an OWP to be denied especially if we consider ourselves and simple application/couple. But that being said, they said they've also never heard of an OWP being held for review. Is there any other information from anyone in here I could read to feel better about this? Haha.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
sylvain1 said:
No I meant to myself... to refrain talking about politics here, but why do we have CSQ or CAQ (for study permits)? because some wants Quebec to be a country. But for us, it just means more fees and time for nothing. That was nothing against your comment, don't worry!
It's the ever-festering issue that Le Pen I am sure will try to divide us again. It was a previous french president who started the whole separatist movement in the '60's. Personally, I can understand that they felt inequality. And as a country, I think we worked pretty hard to even that out as much as feasible. That said, I wouldn't want QC to leave. It's part of Canada's identity, just as much as ON, SK or all of the other provinces or territories are. You should hear some of the hate that comes off politicians in the prairies. You'd think the east robbed them....

anyway, I digress..

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
MicMacle said:
Okay hello I have an update to my situation.

Summary so far:
Submitted application, received on November 9th, 2016, so we're currently at 5 months, 1 week, and 5 days since it was received. We have not received any emails or updates since our application was received. We have not even received our OWP which is what was causing us to worry. After (literally) hundreds of attempts to call the call centers, I was recommended through here to contact a local MP about my application which I did on Tuesday. This is what I was told today:

The assistant to the MP is the one who did the call. The person they called was able to confirm that they have our application (and police certificate, which was another question we had), and was still processing our OWP. The only thing the person they called could see about our OWP was that it is "being held for further review". It does not say why it is being held, nor how long it should take. The assistant asked if there's any reason I can think of why it would be held and I couldn't think of anything. They said they are completely making up this number and it should by no means be "quoted" but their best assumption is we might have the OWP in 2-4 weeks, but that is a guess because absolutely nothing they could see mentioned anything about why or how long this "being held" is here for.

My only question here is:
Does anyone else here have similar situations to this? Has anyone else heard of this? Does anyone else have a guess on how much longer it might take, out of curiosity? The assistant said it is very very very rare for an OWP to be denied especially if we consider ourselves and simple application/couple. But that being said, they said they've also never heard of an OWP being held for review. Is there any other information from anyone in here I could read to feel better about this? Haha.
Is it possible they caught CIC at a point when someone was going to double check? They have been pushing cases out in a rapid clip lately. So they have been loosening the process, and doing more QA "spot checks". Maybe one of those?

I am glad your MP's office was able to pinpoint exactly what's going on though. Good show!

MicMacle

Apr 13, 2017
profiler said:
Is it possible they caught CIC at a point when someone was going to double check? They have been pushing cases out in a rapid clip lately. So they have been loosening the process, and doing more QA "spot checks". Maybe one of those?

I am glad your MP's office was able to pinpoint exactly what's going on though. Good show!
I am unsure what you mean by this. Are you saying it's possible we caught them at a bad time, i.e. right before they were going to finish processing our OWP?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
MicMacle said:
I am unsure what you mean by this. Are you saying it's possible we caught them at a bad time, i.e. right before they were going to finish processing our OWP?
That's what I was wondering...

Like, if they have of called an hour, day, week later what state would it have been in??

MicMacle

Apr 13, 2017
profiler said:
That's what I was wondering...

Like, if they have of called an hour, day, week later what state would it have been in??
I'm unsure, but considering we're already at over 5 months, I feel like it must have been "held for further review" for probably around a month now, right?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
MicMacle said:
I'm unsure, but considering we're already at over 5 months, I feel like it must have been "held for further review" for probably around a month now, right?
Many are unable to find their OWP's on myCIC (or were). Just magically one day they were there and "approved". It's hard to say how long it's been in that state. But, if the time expires (based on what your MP's office said), did they give you any kind of indication for a means to escalate the issue? If not, call them again and explain. Let the MP go to battle for you against CIC...

MicMacle

Apr 13, 2017
profiler said:
Many are unable to find their OWP's on myCIC (or were). Just magically one day they were there and "approved". It's hard to say how long it's been in that state. But, if the time expires (based on what your MP's office said), did they give you any kind of indication for a means to escalate the issue? If not, call them again and explain. Let the MP go to battle for you against CIC...
I can't even access myCIC. It says it can't find the application. Again, my spouse and I have tried many times. We submitted a web form and they said they'd look into it but no reply or fix yet, we check up every now and again and nothing. All we have access to is the other web tool that just says "received on November 9, 2016".
I think my life is a perfect example of Murphy's Law.

The assistant to the MP said they have an "alternate means" of contacting CIC. The one they contacted today (and the one they usually contact) is the "general" person they contact. They said they have a more specific contact who might know more and have access to more information. They said they might try and contact them in the next week or two and they will get back to me for any updates. The assistant was very nice and friendly and seemed to like me so they came off like they want to help and keep checking for updates. They seemed as confused as I did about the situation. If we don't hear anything in 2 weeks I'll probably try and contact them again and see what's up.