+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
profiler said:
It's the ever-festering issue that Le Pen I am sure will try to divide us again. It was a previous french president who started the whole separatist movement in the '60's. Personally, I can understand that they felt inequality. And as a country, I think we worked pretty hard to even that out as much as feasible. That said, I wouldn't want QC to leave. It's part of Canada's identity, just as much as ON, SK or all of the other provinces or territories are. You should hear some of the hate that comes off politicians in the prairies. You'd think the east robbed them....

anyway, I digress..
I don't want Quebec to leave either, but it is a slanted arrangement, and I really don't think LePen is going to bother much with Canada when she has so much to fix in her own country... anyways as you said, we should steer clear of politics in this forum, even subtle posts can stir up a lot of chaos as I had to restrain my own post after reading this, so lets just carry on with immigration talk and deal with those stresses instead of bringing political high blood pressure arguments to light :p

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
MicMacle said:
I can't even access myCIC. It says it can't find the application. Again, my spouse and I have tried many times. We submitted a web form and they said they'd look into it but no reply or fix yet, we check up every now and again and nothing. All we have access to is the other web tool that just says "received on November 9, 2016".
I think my life is a perfect example of Murphy's Law.

The assistant to the MP said they have an "alternate means" of contacting CIC. The one they contacted today (and the one they usually contact) is the "general" person they contact. They said they have a more specific contact who might know more and have access to more information. They said they might try and contact them in the next week or two and they will get back to me for any updates. The assistant was very nice and friendly and seemed to like me so they came off like they want to help and keep checking for updates. They seemed as confused as I did about the situation. If we don't hear anything in 2 weeks I'll probably try and contact them again and see what's up.
I bet the OWP is on hold because something is up with the PR application. Wait the time out, and see if the MP can sort it out...

MicMacle

Apr 13, 2017
profiler said:
I bet the OWP is on hold because something is up with the PR application. Wait the time out, and see if the MP can sort it out...
I just don't know what could be up with it... I'd like to think I understood everything and included everything. I'm a fairly smart guy and even saw a consultant about it multiple times. We took over a year to actually compile everything and put it together before sending it off, really making sure we had everything together correctly. I really wonder what it could be, honestly so curious...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
volkov said:
I don't want Quebec to leave either, but it is a slanted arrangement, and I really don't think LePen is going to bother much with Canada when she has so much to fix in her own country... anyways as you said, we should steer clear of politics in this forum, even subtle posts can stir up a lot of chaos as I had to restrain my own post after reading this, so lets just carry on with immigration talk and deal with those stresses instead of bringing political high blood pressure arguments to light :p
Haha... sure. We digressed. Le Pen made a trip to QC last fall? 2015 maybe? And basically went on tour telling people there that she planned to help QC separate... Now I see her again in the news as they run up to their own election... that's the source.

In light of that, Did you get an SA yet?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
MicMacle said:
I just don't know what could be up with it... I'd like to think I understood everything and included everything. I'm a fairly smart guy and even saw a consultant about it multiple times. We took over a year to actually compile everything and put it together before sending it off, really making sure we had everything together correctly. I really wonder what it could be, honestly so curious...
It's hard to say... Did you get AOR (I assume you did).

There has to be an inland PR application in progress for them to issue an OWP. The AOR is a clue that they have accepted and acknowledged that there is an application there. If eCAS isn't showing a line like:
We started processing your application on May 28, 2016. (from mine)

Then it would be my guess that, the PR application is the source of the OWP delay. Potentially there is an error or issue, that they are working out.

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
profiler said:
Haha... sure. We digressed. Le Pen made a trip to QC last fall? 2015 maybe? And basically went on tour telling people there that she planned to help QC separate... Now I see her again in the news as they run up to their own election... that's the source.

In light of that, Did you get an SA yet?
oh ok I didn't see that she visited... but yeah I'm going to steer clear of any politics here now lol

no SA yet, stress levels high waiting :)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
volkov said:
no SA yet, stress levels high waiting :)
When did you submit again? They are onto March 21 and before...

MicMacle

Apr 13, 2017
profiler said:
It's hard to say... Did you get AOR (I assume you did).

There has to be an inland PR application in progress for them to issue an OWP. The AOR is a clue that they have accepted and acknowledged that there is an application there. If eCAS isn't showing a line like:

Then it would be my guess that, the PR application is the source of the OWP delay. Potentially there is an error or issue, that they are working out.
The applicant has received two emails since we applied.
The first one basically says:
"This confirms that your application for Permanent Residence under the Spouse or common-law partner in Canada class has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 09/11/2016"
And the second was the reminder to submit a PCC if we haven't already, which we confirmed with the MP we have.

I, the Sponsor, have only received one email, that essentially just says:
"This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2016/11/09 on behalf of the following member(s):"

We haven't received anything else and don't know what else could be wrong with the PR application. :(

MicMacle

Apr 13, 2017
profiler said:
If eCAS isn't showing a line like:

I forgot to mention,
eCAS for me only shows:
"1. We received your application for permanent residence on November 9, 2016."

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
MicMacle said:
The applicant has received two emails since we applied.
The first one basically says:
"This confirms that your application for Permanent Residence under the Spouse or common-law partner in Canada class has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 09/11/2016"
And the second was the reminder to submit a PCC if we haven't already, which we confirmed with the MP we have.

I, the Sponsor, have only received one email, that essentially just says:
"This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2016/11/09 on behalf of the following member(s):"

We haven't received anything else and don't know what else could be wrong with the PR application. :(
They should definitely have started processing it, they have had it 5 months....

Even when the posted time was still 26 months (and they legit meant it), our application (which was slower than others) started processing May 28th 2016. About 30 days later is when the OWP showed up.

justxher

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
05-May-2016
Med's Done....
22-Nov-2016
Got AIP today!!!!!!!!!!!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
MicMacle said:
I forgot to mention,
eCAS for me only shows:
"1. We received your application for permanent residence on November 9, 2016."
What's the sponsor side say?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

MicMacle

Apr 13, 2017
profiler said:
They should definitely have started processing it, they have had it 5 months....

Even when the posted time was still 26 months (and they legit meant it), our application (which was slower than others) started processing May 28th 2016. About 30 days later is when the OWP showed up.
Should our eCAS should have been updated, or should we have received another email, if they have started processing it?