+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

AndreyU

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ibaadat said:
Thanks to Lord, my cc just got charged.
For TD Visa CC holders, you can setup an email alert if someone tries to run your card. Link to do that is: https://www.tdrewards.com/
I am sure other banks have similar thing. I just got an alert that my card got charged.

Someone asked about NOA...i provided copies of NOAs and also option C print out from CRA website. No originals.

I am going to update s/sheet right now. Thanks Rossie for putting that together. Praying for each and everyone here.
Congratulations!!! Very happy to hear that they continue.

nush78l

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
screech339 said:
Yes the headline is misleading. However I thought medical tests were not needed for visitor visa. So not sure why the couple were denied unless CiC used the "parent sponsorship" as pretext for "intending to move" to Canada thus deny visitor visa renewal.

Just curious though. When in the parent sponsorship do CiC request medical test. Just before using COPR? To make sure they are medically healthy just before issuing COPR?
My parents were sent for medicals for a visitors visa (just a 3 month visitors visa). Its up to the discretion of the visa officer.

myapp2014

Jan 23, 2014
screech339 said:
The checklist does spell out what documents are to be photocopies for acceptance. Since photocopies of Option C and NOA is not listed in the checklist, it is a safe assumption that they want originals. If CIC wanted photocopies of Option C or NOA, they would have spelled that out in checklist as well. The checklist doesn't say it want photocopies of application forms either and yet you know they want forms to be original. Same logic applies to Option C and NOA papers.
I don't agree.Let say husband and wife want to sponsor his parents and her parents.How would you send NOA ORIGINALS on both applications and
if you don't have time to wait for option C???
NOA are normal papers.My last one is absolutelly white and I made copy for myself(sent the original)and there is no difference...
Just saying

billinky

Star Member
Jul 18, 2008
Ibaadat said:
For TD Visa CC holders, you can setup an email alert if someone tries to run your card. Link to do that is: https://www.tdrewards.com/
I am sure other banks have similar thing. I just got an alert that my card got charged.

Someone asked about NOA...i provided copies of NOAs and also option C print out from CRA website. No originals.

I am going to update s/sheet right now. Thanks Rossie for putting that together. Praying for each and everyone here.
Hello,
When you set up the alert did you select "Large Purchase" or "Credit card payment" Alert.
I use the Royal bank.

That is a good idea as it saves the multiple login attempts to check your visa account. ;D

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ibaadat said:

Congrats Ibaadat
with your news...hope is still on for rest of us.
I am personally confused whom to curse, Fedex for faking delivery time or CIC not charging apps in order of receipt or both for not being transparent.

Leolaz27

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ibaadat said:

Thats AWESOME :D Congrats!
(glad to hear someone else used photo copies of NOA) TKS

karamba

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Rossei said:
Only 3 got charged yesterday and nothing for today so far. I thought all Jan 2 applicants will see their CC charged by this afternoon or tomorrow and then CIC may open Jan 5 files next week.

This is diminishing any hope left :(.
Maybe people have not been checking the forum lately... I think everyone is getting tired of this waiting game.

+ wasn't there one Jan-5 application that already made it?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
billinky said:
Hello,
When you set up the alert did you select "Large Purchase" or "Credit card payment" Alert.
I use the Royal bank.

That is a good idea as it saves the multiple login attempts to check your visa account. ;D
I setup any credit card related attempts. TD has option to select for over $1, declines, and everything. So select all for your c.c. You can also call your bank and ask them. I called my bank too and asked them to make a note in my account that this is a legit transaction for X amount and they better not decline.

vividind

Star Member
Dec 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02/25/2015
Leolaz27 said:
Thats AWESOME :D Congrats!
(glad to hear someone else used photo copies of NOA) TKS
I attached past 3 years of NOA (no Option C included) for my applications. CC charged with no issue though. But not sure if this can be a a problem once they start processing :(. Do you guys think they will reject once the CC is charged?

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
Thank you for all the congrats! I was sort of hopeless by now.
I applied for my parents visit visa and for a disable sibling and they all got rejected in 2013.
I hope everyone's app gets approved including mine. I am the hope of my parents and over 19 dependent (disable) sibling.

Good luck to us all.

billinky

Star Member
Jul 18, 2008
vividind said:
I attached past 3 years of NOA (no Option C included) for my applications. CC charged with no issue though. But not sure if this can be a a problem once they start processing :(. Do you guys think they will reject once the CC is charged?
Hello,

You can go online and print your own copy.
Will it be accepted at CIC??

What CIC wants.
To calculate your available income, you will need a document called an “Option-C Printout.” It is the equivalent of the last notice of assessment you would have received in respect of the most recent taxation year and will serve as a basis for the calculation of your income. This printout is issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA, formerly CCRA) and you can obtain it free of charge by calling 1 800 959-8281. Your spouse or common-law partner will also have to obtain an “Option-C Printout” if he or she is co-signing the undertaking.

By using the online service you receive the same "Printout" ;)
But it seems that CIC wants you to contact CRA to receive your copy.
I hope this is to make it as simple as possible to receive the Option C.

I myself went on line and printed my copies. ;D

CIC does not ask for this document to have any signatures, stamps, or a referring file number.

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
ak_indi said:
Congrats Ibaadat
with your news...hope is still on for rest of us.
I am personally confused whom to curse, Fedex for faking delivery time or CIC not charging apps in order of receipt or both for not being transparent.
You should call fedex and inquire about exact delivery time. Drivers are on hourly dispatch. If they get there and have to wait for 2 hours to hand deliver, they must have reported this, and in those circumstances courier charges extra to client. So you should ask if driver reported any wait time and perhaps add that to your delivery time.

Hope for the best my friend. Good luck!

randebutler

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
Vancouver Island, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Ibaadat said:
For TD Visa CC holders, you can setup an email alert if someone tries to run your card.

Congratulations!!!