VISA ISSUED...
29-oct-2015
LANDED..........
1-nov-2015
tyrochangs said:
Got CC charged, finally...

Arrived the mail room around 12:pm on Jan. 2, apps number is about #29XX

Good luck to every body!
SO jan-2 noon time delivery had about 2900+ applications already... am wondering if anyone from Jan-5 made it to the 5000 list.

zizu

vividind

Star Member
Dec 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02/25/2015
billinky said:
Hello,

You can go online and print your own copy.
Will it be accepted at CIC??

What CIC wants.
To calculate your available income, you will need a document called an “Option-C Printout.” It is the equivalent of the last notice of assessment you would have received in respect of the most recent taxation year and will serve as a basis for the calculation of your income. This printout is issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA, formerly CCRA) and you can obtain it free of charge by calling 1 800 959-8281. Your spouse or common-law partner will also have to obtain an “Option-C Printout” if he or she is co-signing the undertaking.

By using the online service you receive the same "Printout" ;)
But it seems that CIC wants you to contact CRA to receive your copy.
I hope this is to make it as simple as possible to receive the Option C.

I myself went on line and printed my copies. ;D

CIC does not ask for this document to have any signatures, stamps, or a referring file number.
I already mailed my application and my CC is charged.

My worry is about what happens when they start processing the application? will they send it back?

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
billinky said:
Hello,

What CIC wants.
To calculate your available income, you will need a document called an “Option-C Printout.” It is the equivalent of the last notice of assessment you would have received in respect of the most recent taxation year and will serve as a basis for the calculation of your income. This printout is issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA, formerly CCRA) and you can obtain it free of charge by calling 1 800 959-8281.

If it was the same then the instructions would have said either call the number you have quoted or go online and get your own printout.
The instruction you quoted are very specific that you obtain C printout via calling CRA on the phone.

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tyrochangs said:
Got CC charged, finally...

Arrived the mail room around 12:pm on Jan. 2, apps number is about #29XX

Good luck to every body!
Congrats dear. are u on spreadsheet.....if yes under what name?
Actually its very informtive to know that currently they are working on 29xx apps. Gives some idea on the fact that we will keep witnessing more apps being charged in coming days.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
billinky said:
Hello,

But it seems that CIC wants you to contact CRA to receive your copy.
I hope this is to make it as simple as possible to receive the Option C.

I myself went on line and printed my copies. ;D

CIC does not ask for this document to have any signatures, stamps, or a referring file number.
When I called CRA to order my Option C printout; CRA agent told me that she is aware of CIC requirements and said "Online printouts are neither official nor same as NOA or Option C and hence they are not accepted by CIC, therefore you either need original NOA or Option C".

Well, I don't know if CIC will accept online printouts. But when I printed out from online; they are more similar to NOA than Option C.

youyoukeke

Jan 23, 2015
I called CIC help centre before preparing the application package and the agent told me the online printout of NOA is acceptable to them for the 2015 PGP application.

polaroffer

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
vividind said:
I already mailed my application and my CC is charged.

My worry is about what happens when they start processing the application? will they send it back?
Your application was accepted as a complete package implies
supporting documents submitted are acceptable.
They won't reject it for that reason.

polaroffer

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
youyoukeke said:
I called CIC help centre before preparing the application package and the agent told me the online printout of NOA is acceptable to them for the 2015 PGP application.
Last year someone got accepted by submitting online printouts.
That made me regretting for weeks because I didn't know it and option C caused me 2 days late for the last cap.
But not sure if CIC is more strict on that this year.

float

Jan 23, 2015
My app arrived Jan7 PM, so not too much hope there at this moment. Especially when seeing all the posts so far are Jan2 down to the minutes. But still based on the information there, it is hard to believe more than 5000 apps arrived on Jan 2, and CIC chooses to shut the door on Jan 16. The only reasonable answer will be that CIC is trying to stock a few more apps just in case the 5000+ Jan2 batch have unqualified one to be returned during 2nd or 3rd scanning. So how many Jan2 will be returned in a later day, and how many "backup" apps after Jan 2 will be picked up is interesting.

If we use today's spreadsheet, and 1.75% sampling rate, we can safely guess the CIC might be doubling the in-take, so 10000 apps received but half of them will be returned in the coming months. Based on this model, we can imagine 5000 on Jan2, 2500 on Jan5, 1250 on Jan6, 625 on Jan7, 312 on Jan8, 156 on Jan9. The receiving rate goes down by half, but this can be adjusted. Still it is sad to see CIC does not close the door earlier than Jan16 to reduce the false hope it creates for later comer like me.

If the above estimation is totally off, then the scenario could be one person here said the CIC actually only accepted 5000 plus a little until Jan16. Then the sample rate in the spreadsheet could be adjusted to a big number, which means more people updated the spreadsheet than 1.75%. The higher rate the higher hope for later comers to get into this year's 5000 cap.

Based on 2014 spreadsheet, there are 50+ entries, so that is 1%. This year we have more than 150 entries. So the rate is 3%? Now there is hope for later comers. Then the picture looks quite different. It even changes the "backup" apps CIC is collecting this year. At 3%, CIC only stock 6000 apps in total, so only less than 1000 will be returned. this is more reasonable work amount. this means there 3000 apps on Jan2, 1500 on Jan5, 750 on Jan6, 375 on Jan7, 190 on Jan8, 100 on Jan9, 50 on Jan12, 25 on Jan13, 13 on Jan14, 7 on Jan15. then probably CIC sees no reason to wait further, and cut at Jan16 morning. I will speculate CIC decided to cut early Jan13, and announced 3 days later, when they slightly accepted a few hundred more apps as backups.

It is really amazing to see such a good spreadsheet there for two years. Really it tells a lot. CIC should adjust the policy to accept 5000 apps each year. It could be done in a more friendly way. This is just a mad house to see people use courier to beat the snail mail. If I know earlier, I will pay $150 to get into the Jan2 8:45AM batch. Sorry for the guys trusted Canada Post. What about the people from remote areas like no courier service. They might have to pay extra to mail the app to someone in Toronto, then use courier to send it in.

Good luck for everyone made it this year. For someone missed this year, we can be there earliest next year. Probably CIC can close the door Jan4 12PM, since 6000 apps can be reached within 3 hrs (9-12). It is amazing!

FSWCEC

Star Member
Mar 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ibaadat said:
Thanks to Lord, my cc just got charged.
For TD Visa CC holders, you can setup an email alert if someone tries to run your card. Link to do that is: https://www.tdrewards.com/
I am sure other banks have similar thing. I just got an alert that my card got charged.

Someone asked about NOA...i provided copies of NOAs and also option C print out from CRA website. No originals.

I am going to update s/sheet right now. Thanks Rossie for putting that together. Praying for each and everyone here.
Thank you so much and congratulations! This is very informative!

And thanks for all the answers from you about the NOA :D

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
float said:
My app arrived Jan7 PM, so not too much hope there at this moment. Especially when seeing all the posts so far are Jan2 down to the minutes. But still based on the information there, it is hard to believe more than 5000 apps arrived on Jan 2, and CIC chooses to shut the door on Jan 16. The only reasonable answer will be that CIC is trying to stock a few more apps just in case the 5000+ Jan2 batch have unqualified one to be returned during 2nd or 3rd scanning. So how many Jan2 will be returned in a later day, and how many "backup" apps after Jan 2 will be picked up is interesting.

If we use today's spreadsheet, and 1.75% sampling rate, we can safely guess the CIC might be doubling the in-take, so 10000 apps received but half of them will be returned in the coming months. Based on this model, we can imagine 5000 on Jan2, 2500 on Jan5, 1250 on Jan6, 625 on Jan7, 312 on Jan8, 156 on Jan9. The receiving rate goes down by half, but this can be adjusted. Still it is sad to see CIC does not close the door earlier than Jan16 to reduce the false hope it creates for later comer like me.

If the above estimation is totally off, then the scenario could be one person here said the CIC actually only accepted 5000 plus a little until Jan16. Then the sample rate in the spreadsheet could be adjusted to a big number, which means more people updated the spreadsheet than 1.75%. The higher rate the higher hope for later comers to get into this year's 5000 cap.

Based on 2014 spreadsheet, there are 50+ entries, so that is 1%. This year we have more than 150 entries. So the rate is 3%? Now there is hope for later comers. Then the picture looks quite different. It even changes the "backup" apps CIC is collecting this year. At 3%, CIC only stock 6000 apps in total, so only less than 1000 will be returned. this is more reasonable work amount. this means there 3000 apps on Jan2, 1500 on Jan5, 750 on Jan6, 375 on Jan7, 190 on Jan8, 100 on Jan9, 50 on Jan12, 25 on Jan13, 13 on Jan14, 7 on Jan15. then probably CIC sees no reason to wait further, and cut at Jan16 morning. I will speculate CIC decided to cut early Jan13, and announced 3 days later, when they slightly accepted a few hundred more apps as backups.

It is really amazing to see such a good spreadsheet there for two years. Really it tells a lot. CIC should adjust the policy to accept 5000 apps each year. It could be done in a more friendly way. This is just a mad house to see people use courier to beat the snail mail. If I know earlier, I will pay $150 to get into the Jan2 8:45AM batch. Sorry for the guys trusted Canada Post. What about the people from remote areas like no courier service. They might have to pay extra to mail the app to someone in Toronto, then use courier to send it in.

Good luck for everyone made it this year. For someone missed this year, we can be there earliest next year. Probably CIC can close the door Jan4 12PM, since 6000 apps can be reached within 3 hrs (9-12). It is amazing!
Hi float, I not only like ur analysis but also ur tag name. Its so pertinent.

But before u curse Canada post or yourself for delay or make any next year plans; please note that I send courier from just few blocks away, used top courier company, paid huge fee, checked application like 100 times and still my CC not charged yet. So, seems like a lottery even for Jan 02 morning delivered apps. What would you say for such cases? In this scenario, you can not plan even for next year.

I think, to speed up processes, CIC is hiring employees from OLG Lotto Max... :p

tjd

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
ak_indi said:
Hi float, I not only like ur analysis but also ur tag name. Its so pertinent.

But before u curse Canada post or yourself for delay or make any next year plans; please note that I send courier from just few blocks away, used top courier company, paid huge fee, checked application like 100 times and still my CC not charged yet. So, seems like a lottery even for Jan 02 morning delivered apps. What would you say for such cases? In this scenario, you can not plan even for next year.

I think, to speed up processes, CIC is hiring employees from OLG Lotto Max... :p
If you look at Analysis1 and Analysis2 sheets (both created by me), you will see that CIC has actually done a fairly good job in selecting applications from each courier service. Accepted applications under each courier service is directly proportional to total number of applications delivered by each courier company except Purolator (don't understand why people were grouping to file a lawsuit against them), which got an undue advantage. CIC must have been carried over by their overwhelming delivery(ies). Looks like UPS candidates paid the price. see Analysis1. Anyone trying to change the % in cell A1, please be advised that as more applications get accepted, 1.44 goes up maybe 1.46, 1.48, etc to ensure that TOTAL NUMBER OF ACCEPTED APPLICATIONS stay at 5000.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
float said:
But still based on the information there, it is hard to believe more than 5000 apps arrived on Jan 2, and CIC chooses to shut the door on Jan 16.
Say that CIC did receive 5000+ apps on Jan 2nd. They probably didn't open any apps on that day. That means that from Jan 5th-16th, CIC would have opened and checked at least 500 apps per day. On Jan 16th, they opened the 5000th completed app and closed the cap.

It isn't really that hard to believe.