Sponsoring Parents in 2015

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
polaroffer said:
Good job!!!
Now you guys believe what I said, all Jan 2nd are in the cap. :p
Ofcourse i do wish u are right that all Jan 2 are in the cap, but we are NOT THERE YET........68.6% is not equal to 100%. Many others like me with Jan 02 are still waiting and hope u r right. Infact I strongly wish that jan 5 should also be able to make it in the top 5000.

AndreyU

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
ak_indi said:
Ofcourse i do wish u are right that all Jan 2 are in the cap, but we are NOT THERE YET........68.6% is not equal to 100%. Many others like me with Jan 02 are still waiting and hope u r right. Infact I strongly wish that jan 5 should also be able to make it in the top 5000.
We still wait and hope... Did anybody else from ups 2 jan batch and remaining purolator batch call cic? What do they say?

FSWCEC

Star Member
Mar 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did anyone use photocopies of NOA and get cc charged? Is it acceptable?

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
AndreyU said:
We still wait and hope... Did anybody else from ups 2 jan batch and remaining purolator batch call cic? What do they say?
I called twice a day in last few days. Talked to different people at call center, but they are not giving any info.
Are there any new CC charged today from Jan 2 or 5?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
FSWCEC said:
That can be misleading. CIC still need the 75 application fee for opening and looking a look at the application for application completeness. May even get added to cap but once the application get reopened for processing the application will likely then go through it with a fine tooth comb. Once they see that an photocopy was made instead of original document, only then will we know if they will either return it or let it continue at that stage.

It is a gamble to be making since the checklist was not followed as directed as to what kind of documents are needed as part of application.

To be honest, with the high importance of getting your PGP accepted and important milestone for parents to be able to come to Canada as PR, not sure why some people send in documents contrary to checklist instructions.

Leolaz27

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FSWCEC said:
I used photocopies of NOA for 2013 and Option c print out for previous years. Hope this was ok. I read the guide and didn't find ANYWHERE that it said this was NOT acceptable!
No cc charge yet as CIC only received my app on Jan 5

Still have a sliver of hope that I make it into the 5k cap :eek:
Good Luck

polaroffer

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
screech339 said:
That can be misleading. CIC still need the 75 application fee for opening and looking a look at the application for application completeness. May even get added to cap but once the application get reopened for processing the application will likely then go through it with a fine tooth comb. Once they see that an photocopy was made instead of original document, only then will we know if they will either return it or let it continue at that stage.

It is a gamble to be making since the checklist was not followed as directed as to what kind of documents are needed as part of application.

To be honest, with the high importance of getting your PGP accepted and important milestone for parents to be able to come to Canada as PR, not sure why some people send in documents contrary to checklist instructions.
sorry I don't agree. I may mistook your point.
$75 is for sponsorship assessment not for completeness checking.
if you get returned package, you walk out free.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Only 3 got charged yesterday and nothing for today so far. I thought all Jan 2 applicants will see their CC charged by this afternoon or tomorrow and then CIC may open Jan 5 files next week.

This is diminishing any hope left :(.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Leolaz27 said:
I used photocopies of NOA for 2013 and Option c print out for previous years. Hope this was ok. I read the guide and didn't find ANYWHERE that it said this was NOT acceptable!
No cc charge yet as CIC only received my app on Jan 5

Still have a sliver of hope that I make it into the 5k cap :eek:
Good Luck
The checklist does spell out what documents are to be photocopies for acceptance. Since photocopies of Option C and NOA is not listed in the checklist, it is a safe assumption that they want originals. If CIC wanted photocopies of Option C or NOA, they would have spelled that out in checklist as well. The checklist doesn't say it want photocopies of application forms either and yet you know they want forms to be original. Same logic applies to Option C and NOA papers.

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
Rossei said:
Only 3 got charged yesterday and nothing for today so far. I thought all Jan 2 applicants will see their CC charged by this afternoon or tomorrow and then CIC may open Jan 5 files next week.

Any info from other forums where people got charged today? Pretty sad that no charges today.
Everyone should check their mail too to see if any mail correspondence and please log into s/sheet.

AndreyU

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Rossei said:

Some mysterious certified cheques reportedly cashed from 5 jan applicants.... Was that true? Probably cic agents just took some time off after very hard weeks...

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
AndreyU said:
Some mysterious certified cheques reportedly cashed from 5 jan applicants.... Was that true? Probably cic agents just took some time off after very hard weeks...
Yes, that's true based on the input I received. He sent 2 separate applications with money orders for each; one was cashed on Jan 13 and the other one is still pending. He did not mention the courier either, it said "Local".

Last Thursday. Jan 15, there was only 1 CC charged from the forum. And it was only 3 this week. So, it was following the trend until today. Because there were 11 reported CC charged last Friday, Jan 16; but nothing for today.

billinky

Star Member
Jul 18, 2008
Ibaadat said:
I called twice a day in last few days. Talked to different people at call center, but they are not giving any info.
Are there any new CC charged today from Jan 2 or 5?
I have called the CIC call center twice last week.
The first lady could only tell me that she did not see our name.
Two days later I tried again and spoke to a man.
He could not tell me anything.
It sounded like he was talking with duct tape on his mouth. :-X
I do believe they now have a gag order to not release any info.

I am in the Jan 5th A.M batch.

Leolaz27

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
The checklist does spell out what documents are to be photocopies for acceptance. Since photocopies of Option C and NOA is not listed in the checklist, it is a safe assumption that they want originals. If CIC wanted photocopies of Option C or NOA, they would have spelled that out in checklist as well. The checklist doesn't say it want photocopies of application forms either and yet you know they want forms to be original. Same logic applies to Option C and NOA papers.
Screech339,
I sent the option C print out that I received from CRA...nothing on those pages say that they are originals, they look like copies they way they come. Absolutely no markings on them that indicate that they are original documents. So not sure how CIC can tell if they are originals or not?

As for the NOA, I thought we are required to keep these for 5 years, so how can I be sending them away? Not knowing if I will ever get them back? The checklist just says Option C or NOA it doesn't state NO photocopies. Maybe I missed that in the guide somewhere?

I find it hard to believe that apps would be rejected on the basis that a copy of NOA was sent instead of original?

Easy to tell an original application form from a photocopy as the signature will not be signed in pen!

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
Thanks to Lord, my cc just got charged.
For TD Visa CC holders, you can setup an email alert if someone tries to run your card. Link to do that is: https://www.tdrewards.com/
I am sure other banks have similar thing. I just got an alert that my card got charged.

Someone asked about NOA...i provided copies of NOAs and also option C print out from CRA website. No originals.

I am going to update s/sheet right now. Thanks Rossie for putting that together. Praying for each and everyone here.