+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

kmann23

Jan 23, 2015
I sent my parents application for Jan 02, 8am delivery with canada post.It showed received at 8:35 am. My cc got charged on Jan 20th. Hope it was for accepted package and not moved to second option of sponsorship.

float

Jan 23, 2015
tjd said:
If you look at Analysis1 and Analysis2 sheets (both created by me), you will see that CIC has actually done a fairly good job in selecting applications from each courier service. Accepted applications under each courier service is directly proportional to total number of applications delivered by each courier company except Purolator (don't understand why people were grouping to file a lawsuit against them), which got an undue advantage. CIC must have been carried over by their overwhelming delivery(ies). Looks like UPS candidates paid the price. see Analysis1. Anyone trying to change the % in cell A1, please be advised that as more applications get accepted, 1.44 goes up maybe 1.46, 1.48, etc to ensure that TOTAL NUMBER OF ACCEPTED APPLICATIONS stay at 5000.
Yes, that is one way to assume the 5000 cap is already reached now. This could create unease among people not getting any CC charge even on Jan2, since they don't know if their apps are going to be returned due to various reasons. So to keep the hope, it feels better to say the CIC is only half way of their 5000 app CC charging process, there are more coming. I recall 2014 the final charge is in March. Do we believe CIC could complete all the charging today? Probably not. It is same amount of apps this year, it should be same amount of people looking through this pile and working at the same speed. They will reject/return less, so high charging rate after opening. But what was the return rate last year in Jan? 50% returned. So this year it improves, the charge speed goes up 100%. The charge might stop in early Feb, 2 more weeks from now. This seems to match the reality the whole 5000 cap just past the mid-point or 2/3. Still some hope but seems all for Jan2 submissions because there still half left un-charged.

Back to the craziness from CIC, they should close the door on Jan6, since the 5000 cap is already reached, what good does it do to accept more submissions? Things does not add up quite well, so there is still hope for everyone.

float

Jan 23, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
Say that CIC did receive 5000+ apps on Jan 2nd. They probably didn't open any apps on that day. That means that from Jan 5th-16th, CIC would have opened and checked at least 500 apps per day. On Jan 16th, they opened the 5000th completed app and closed the cap.

It isn't really that hard to believe.
I doubt CIC is that kind disorganized. They know how 5000 apps stacks together look like from last year's experience. There is no point to store apps and send them back one by one. When it is returned, every app should have one letter to show the reason. So the app has to be re-packaged. With the chance of lost mail and get complains, it is not fun for just doing it. Unless they want work extra hours to get extra pay? The boss will not have budget for this, since this PGP is the lowest priority among all the tasks for CIC. Remember this is tax payer's money so it is audited once a while. Stack 10K apps and return the half seems to be child play. Therefore there is doubt.

dbase1981

May 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2014 1:57 PM DD encashed June 25, 2014
AOR Received.
PER August 7, 2014
Med's Request
August 27, 2014
Med's Done....
September 22, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 7, 2014
LANDED..........
September 8, 2015
Hi guys, I have a question... can we get a healthcare insurance for a dependent even though he/she is still not a PR of Canada? like under in supervisa?

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
float said:
Back to the craziness from CIC, they should close the door on Jan6, since the 5000 cap is already reached, what good does it do to accept more submissions? Things does not add up quite well, so there is still hope for everyone.
CIC wouldn't know the cap is reached in just 2-3 days. They need to open and check probably 8000 applications before they can confirm there're 5000 complete application.

So this year, this process took 2 weeks.

Anyone who can tell there're 5000 completed application among a stack of 10000+ packages just by looking at it, Master Yoda is gonna knock on his/her door for sure.

May the force be with you.

float

Jan 23, 2015
ElenaRu said:
I like your words) Please go on))))
last year CIC received 7000 apps when they closed the door in Feb. Check this canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/2014-parent-sponsorship-application-7000-received-2500-opened-1300-returned-t182188.0.html. but you can also see out of 7000 there are 1200 returned by Jan20,2014. From this post, we can assume CIC approved more than 5000, but probably a very small amount. I cannot imagine 10%, but how about 5%? Could it be the same for this year?

The timeline of 2014 shows the major final charge was done on Jan31. So there is good reason this year could be the same? It is scary to think next week is the final week for this year's 5000 CC charge. Then still use last year's samples, there are people got charged but not reporting, that is 16%. look at this year's sample, among jan2 apps, there are 27% has no reporting (no charge, no return, or no info). this 27% should be reduced in next week, when CIC completes the CC charge.

Another way to look at the accuracy of last year's sample, out of 56, there is only 6 rejects due to in-completed info or later arrival. So the return rate is close to 10%. If this is the case for all the people in 2015 class, most of them will be accepted! There has to be some magic to make it happen during next week! This is such an important week for this year's sponsorship applicants. Let's see how it unfolds...

float

Jan 23, 2015
741953 said:
CIC wouldn't know the cap is reached in just 2-3 days. They need to open and check probably 8000 applications before they can confirm there're 5000 complete application.
CIC knows exactly how many apps they are receiving on a daily basis. I cannot imagine they treat received applications like free newspaper outside the grocery store. Lose/hide/destroy person's mail is a crime. Check my other post. Last year CIC received 7000 apps by Jan20, and returned 1200 too. It feels the number is rounded to hundreds, not thousands. So they know exactly what they are doing. It is hard to justify 8000 here for 2015.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
dbase1981 said:
Hi guys, I have a question... can we get a healthcare insurance for a dependent even though he/she is still not a PR of Canada? like under in supervisa?
The parent certainly won't be covered under the provincial health insurance plan. However they can purchase travel insurance to cover themselves for medical emergencies. For non-emergency medical issues, they will have to pay for treatment out of their own pocket.

tjd

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
float said:
Yes, that is one way to assume the 5000 cap is already reached now. This could create unease among people not getting any CC charge even on Jan2, since they don't know if their apps are going to be returned due to various reasons. So to keep the hope, it feels better to say the CIC is only half way of their 5000 app CC charging process, there are more coming. I recall 2014 the final charge is in March. Do we believe CIC could complete all the charging today? Probably not. It is same amount of apps this year, it should be same amount of people looking through this pile and working at the same speed. They will reject/return less, so high charging rate after opening. But what was the return rate last year in Jan? 50% returned. So this year it improves, the charge speed goes up 100%. The charge might stop in early Feb, 2 more weeks from now. This seems to match the reality the whole 5000 cap just past the mid-point or 2/3. Still some hope but seems all for Jan2 submissions because there still half left un-charged.

I agree with you completely as there is every logical reason to believe that 5000 cap has not yet reached in terms of charging the applications. The percentage went up by 0.10% (1.44% to 1.54%). This is what we should be tracking. I really hope my application that reached on Jan 06 is also accepted. "Analysis2" shows there charding pattern. It is so clear that they actually grouped applications brought by their couriers. I am actually pessimistic by nature trying to be realistic. Good luck all.

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
float said:
CIC knows exactly how many apps they are receiving on a daily basis. I cannot imagine they treat received applications like free newspaper outside the grocery store. Lose/hide/destroy person's mail is a crime. Check my other post. Last year CIC received 7000 apps by Jan20, and returned 1200 too. It feels the number is rounded to hundreds, not thousands. So they know exactly what they are doing. It is hard to justify 8000 here for 2015.
I don't think you understand what I was saying at all...so I'll just leave it like that.

Ma.

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
741953 said:

So this year, this process took 2 weeks.

Anyone who can tell there're 5000 completed application among a stack of 10000+ packages just by looking at it, Master Yoda is gonna knock on his/her door for sure.

May the force be with you.
sylvia27 said:
I'll try to answer a few of your questions based on info I know.

Concerning the documents, I think you are right except that you need to send your birth certificate as a proof to show her relationship to you.

For the NOA's, If i remember correctly from reading other posts, you need the original ones, they don't accept printed from the website but I know you can order new ones for the previous years from Revenu Canada and they will send them to you by mail.

As for the local office, I'm not sure how that works, I think they are the ones who choose which office they transfer it to.

For the times on the website, they haven't been updated in a long time but it seems that now they are trying to process applications faster and trying to cut backlog especially that they are only accepting 5000 new applications per year only.

Hope these info help you and good luck.
May I know what will happen to the application if the payment form (IMM 5770) was forgot to sign by the cardholder?

inLinE6

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Ma. said:
May I know what will happen to the application if the payment form (IMM 5770) was forgot to sign by the cardholder?
Almost guaranteed to return. It's like not authorizing CIC to withdraw money.

Slick

Star Member
Feb 2, 2008
I will be applying in Jan of 2016 using income from 2014, 2013, and 2012. The MNI value for which year will be used to assess my income requirement? Will it be the MNI value at the time of application (2016) or the MNI value for the previous year (2015)?

Thank you.