+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

yogalotus

Oct 4, 2013
Terry73 said:
We were married February 28 and we only spent 3 days as a married couple because of the running around. I was crazy you are right. He even lives in Rabat. I have been there 3 times and the 3rd being our wedding. But it was so hard to leave him the 3rd time as apposed to the first 2. We shared something very special to both of us.I wish I was able to go see him, but my work is crazy and will not get any better till march. And I really hope he is with us in Canada before that. My children keep asking us when he is coming on the plane. They love him so very much. We keep saying soon to them. InshaAllah he will be here soon. We miss him so much.
And you are right, we will be with our husbands when the time is right.
Wow your lucky he lives in Rabat! We travelled back and forth between Marrakesh and Rabat doing all the running around, then we got married in Zagora, where we did more running around but atleast we didn't have to travel far for that running around!!! :p
You are sooo right about it being harder to leave after getting married. the first time I left him was sooo hard but this last time was a million times harder!!! I am not looking forward to having to leave him again...I would hope we could leave together the next time and that he has his visa :)
My children too want him with us soon they love him soo much. I thought he would be here by now :( now I had to just tell them that I don't even think he will be here with us for Christmas :( It's hard but everything will happen in the perfect time and we are all so close to the end and we should all be soo very happy :)

yogalotus

Oct 4, 2013
jomz said:
HAMDULILLAH http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp Rabat wait times remain at 8 months updated today.
Thanks for posting that info :) That's wonderful news considering the strike I thought maybe it might take longer than the 8 months :)
That gives me more energy to stay strong because we are close to the end :) We will hear something soon I'm sure..any day now :)

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
January 2013 (first medical never rec'd) so re-do December 2013
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
goatlove said:
Jamali sister, I'm really happy to know you're doing better and out of the hospital.. Alhamdulillah. I couldn't imagine what you and terry must have felt during those hard times away from hubby. Allah has promised us that with hardship comes ease and this has really helped me stay strong.
May Allah keep you both in good health.. ameen. :-*

:eek: Snow?!!! AAAHHHH! ??? Snow looks soo beautiful and feels cozy but too cold! Too bad it couldnt be hot and snow at the same time haha 8). Big reason we left Ontario for BC was cuz of the weather! Terry, I was in Edmonton a couple winters ago and ran away few days later :p toooo cold waaaaah. That's great snow hasn't hit Ottawa yet! You two need to move over here and hide from all that snow :p

@ yogalotus - Nice to see you checking in sister.
since our timelines are pretty much identical, I'm sure you're right about your file being received in Rabat mid June. Rabat received ours June 14. I'm also thinking of making a trip to Morocco in January if we don't hear anything within the next month but inshaAllah we all do!

Happy Islamic New Year ;D
Thanks Goatlove .. while it was a difficult time, all is well now Alhamdulillah :)

snow isn't so bad ... i was born and raised in northern ontario so i've been in much colder weather and Ottawa's winters aren't too too bad ;D lol

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
yogalotus said:

I was hoping my husband would get here before the winter as well!!! It will be such a shock to his system :p At this point I just want him here soon cold or no cold weather :p Jamali I'm in Ottawa too, you are right just frost but its getting so cold !!! I don't like the cold weather I think one day we will have to move to Morocco!!!
Soon we will all have our husband's with us and everything will be perfect :)
wow nice, a fellow Ottawaian ... lol ... i found today to be unusually warm for this time of year, but I know the cold weather will be coming soon :eek:

i've been in Morocco in January and I was so surprised at how cold i got in the evenings ... the day time was good but when that sun went down, oh my i was soooo cold :eek: lol ;D

yogalotus

Oct 4, 2013
jamali said:
wow nice, a fellow Ottawaian ... lol ... i found today to be unusually warm for this time of year, but I know the cold weather will be coming soon :eek:

i've been in Morocco in January and I was so surprised at how cold i got in the evenings ... the day time was good but when that sun went down, oh my i was soooo cold :eek: lol ;D
Yes today was nice but after being outside for awhile it was getting cold :p lol
Yes you are right I was soooo cold at night in Jan in Morocco!!!! that's why I want to go there at a different time of year!!! The last time I was there I left on Feb 19 and it was just starting to get nice and warm :( ....and there 15 is a lot colder than our 15 :p I remember when I saw the temp on a sign I said there must be a mistake because it does not feel that warm :p

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
yogalotus said:

Yes today was nice but after being outside for awhile it was getting cold :p lol
Yes you are right I was soooo cold at night in Jan in Morocco!!!! that's why I want to go there at a different time of year!!! The last time I was there I left on Feb 19 and it was just starting to get nice and warm :( ....and there 15 is a lot colder than our 15 :p I remember when I saw the temp on a sign I said there must be a mistake because it does not feel that warm :p
you are so right abt their 15 and our 15 ... i remember checking out their typical weather online before I went that January ... when I saw the temps, i was thinking it wouldn't be so bad ... but really it's like their homes keep in the cold at night ... lol

yogalotus

Oct 4, 2013
jamali said:
you are so right abt their 15 and our 15 ... i remember checking out their typical weather online before I went that January ... when I saw the temps, i was thinking it wouldn't be so bad ... but really it's like their homes keep in the cold at night ... lol
Lol you are right!!!...even during the day I never wore short sleeves...I found it was hot in the sun but cold in the shade...so I always had my sweater and jacket...especially if I didn't know what time we would be home because once the sun went down brrrrrr :p

Terry73

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-03-2013
Interview........
12-11-2013
yogalotus said:

Lol you are right!!!...even during the day I never wore short sleeves...I found it was hot in the sun but cold in the shade...so I always had my sweater and jacket...especially if I didn't know what time we would be home because once the sun went down brrrrrr :p
I have been to Morocco in Feb, April and November. my favorite was November. April was to hot he had an air conditioner for me at his parents house. I also agree about the temp in Morocco. Some nights it was so cold that I wore my fall jacket all the time, day and night and had my fuzzy winter sleep wear with me...lol.

Terry73

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-03-2013
Interview........
12-11-2013
yogalotus said:

Wow your lucky he lives in Rabat! We travelled back and forth between Marrakesh and Rabat doing all the running around, then we got married in Zagora, where we did more running around but atleast we didn't have to travel far for that running around!!! :p
You are sooo right about it being harder to leave after getting married. the first time I left him was sooo hard but this last time was a million times harder!!! I am not looking forward to having to leave him again...I would hope we could leave together the next time and that he has his visa :)
My children too want him with us soon they love him soo much. I thought he would be here by now :( now I had to just tell them that I don't even think he will be here with us for Christmas :( It's hard but everything will happen in the perfect time and we are all so close to the end and we should all be soo very happy :)
I travelled to Marrakesh on 2 of my trips. Loved the square. And yes we were really lucky. I met Goatlove while we were running around and my husband helped her husband out and my brother did a good deed for Goatlove. We are all like family going thru this together and everything will be good for us.
My children wanted my husband here for my daughters birthday in December, but I do not think that is even close for us. I hope he is here for my sons birthday in Feb. We really miss him so much. Last Christmas day he was on Skype with us so he could watch the kids open there gifts from him. They were so excited and that is the reason he wants to be here this Christmas is to see their face in person.

Terry73

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-03-2013
Interview........
12-11-2013
goatlove said:
Jamali sister, I'm really happy to know you're doing better and out of the hospital.. Alhamdulillah. I couldn't imagine what you and terry must have felt during those hard times away from hubby. Allah has promised us that with hardship comes ease and this has really helped me stay strong.
May Allah keep you both in good health.. ameen. :-*

:eek: Snow?!!! AAAHHHH! ??? Snow looks soo beautiful and feels cozy but too cold! Too bad it couldnt be hot and snow at the same time haha 8). Big reason we left Ontario for BC was cuz of the weather! Terry, I was in Edmonton a couple winters ago and ran away few days later :p toooo cold waaaaah. That's great snow hasn't hit Ottawa yet! You two need to move over here and hide from all that snow :p

@ yogalotus - Nice to see you checking in sister.
since our timelines are pretty much identical, I'm sure you're right about your file being received in Rabat mid June. Rabat received ours June 14. I'm also thinking of making a trip to Morocco in January if we don't hear anything within the next month but inshaAllah we all do!

Happy Islamic New Year ;D
You know that you love Edmonton...lol. Vancouver can get cold at times and I rather snow then rain...lol. I am happy that we are all doing well and that everything is going great other then missing our husbands. And I agree that everything has hardship and the out come for all of us is our husbands home with us. That will be the best ease. I am so happy that I can talk to you sistas about this, it is hard to talk to others in regards to this difficult time for us.

yogalotus

Oct 4, 2013
Terry73 said:
I travelled to Marrakesh on 2 of my trips. Loved the square. And yes we were really lucky. I met Goatlove while we were running around and my husband helped her husband out and my brother did a good deed for Goatlove. We are all like family going thru this together and everything will be good for us.
My children wanted my husband here for my daughters birthday in December, but I do not think that is even close for us. I hope he is here for my sons birthday in Feb. We really miss him so much. Last Christmas day he was on Skype with us so he could watch the kids open there gifts from him. They were so excited and that is the reason he wants to be here this Christmas is to see their face in person.
Wow that's cool that you met Goatlove while you were running around...its such a small world really!!!
I would have never imagined I would fall in love with someone on the other side of world and even though we are miles apart I have never ever felt soo close to anyone ever in my whole life :) The heart knows no distance or time :)
It is definitely hard for our children too...we never know what will happen though and nothing is impossible so if its our time then our husbands will be with us for these celebrations with our children before the years end :)

andyloonz

Sep 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
October 2013
Hello all, I just came across this thread and so excited to find compatriots who also fell in love with wonderful Moroccan men. I am laughing to myself about the weather comments, I was there for my first time in August and am actually looking forward to going back to experience cold weather there in February!!! I couldn't understand why my husband is always complaining of the cold right now when the temps are in the low 20s, but I guess now I know why!! I also only got to spend a very few nights with my new hubby before we had to part ways. I was there for a month and we only managed to get married 3 days before I left!!! Leaving him was the hardest thing I have ever done and it's so true that while Skype is wonderful, it's just not the same. Anyway, we are still working on the papers and translations etc. for our application. Everything is sooooo expensive. I'm hoping to be ready to send it in for the beginning of December. So glad to have found a group to share stories with!

andyloonz

Sep 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
October 2013
I forgot to mention I have several text messages that I would like to include in my application and wondered if any one had any suggestions as to the best way to put them in the application? I had actually typed them all out in microsoft word but I think somehow they want more solid proof of it being an actual text message...like maybe a photo of the phone with the message open??? Thx all.

Terry73

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-03-2013
Interview........
12-11-2013
yogalotus said:

Wow that's cool that you met Goatlove while you were running around...its such a small world really!!!
I would have never imagined I would fall in love with someone on the other side of world and even though we are miles apart I have never ever felt soo close to anyone ever in my whole life :) The heart knows no distance or time :)
It is definitely hard for our children too...we never know what will happen though and nothing is impossible so if its our time then our husbands will be with us for these celebrations with our children before the years end :)
I never knew that I would fall in love with anyone after my past relationship. But I met my husband and we were friends first and neither of us could help the feeling and both our parents knew that we would get married one day. I am so very lucky him and I met because he is truly the one that is meant to be mine. And distance is hard when you miss them so much and have children that miss them also, but soon enough that will no longer be a problem for any of us.

Terry73

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-03-2013
Interview........
12-11-2013
andyloonz said:
Hello all, I just came across this thread and so excited to find compatriots who also fell in love with wonderful Moroccan men. I am laughing to myself about the weather comments, I was there for my first time in August and am actually looking forward to going back to experience cold weather there in February!!! I couldn't understand why my husband is always complaining of the cold right now when the temps are in the low 20s, but I guess now I know why!! I also only got to spend a very few nights with my new hubby before we had to part ways. I was there for a month and we only managed to get married 3 days before I left!!! Leaving him was the hardest thing I have ever done and it's so true that while Skype is wonderful, it's just not the same. Anyway, we are still working on the papers and translations etc. for our application. Everything is sooooo expensive. I'm hoping to be ready to send it in for the beginning of December. So glad to have found a group to share stories with!
Welcome andyloonz, all of us know what you are going thru and we are all here for eachother. Make sure to pack a fall jacket when you go in February..lol. You will know in due time what it is like. Cangrats on the marriage to a wonderful man and it will be nice to talk to you on here also.