+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

kathou

Sep 24, 2009
i got a question to ask anyone plss do u have a site that we can know if they looking at our paper if yes can u can give it to em plss thx alot

abdo12

Star Member
Jul 16, 2009
rjessome,,
i wanna asky you if the embassy replay the papers back to your husband or not ?and what was going on in the interveiw ,did you do an weeding at least changing dress or you did nothing,,i know the embassy ask everyone about weeding becouse its a condition of genuine relationship for them ..but i just want to know becouse really i hope he will not get letter refusal and that he will be acceptable .

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

Ok, I have stepped back from the "cliff" and now have some perspective. Getting a good night's sleep helps! My husband and I have spent 4 hours talking about his interview and we still believe there is a chance he will be accepted. But if not we have a plan in place to help us with the next steps. WE are not giving up without a fight.

About our wedding, you would have to understand the circumstances of our relationship and what I was doing during that visit. I was also working 6 days a week in Marrakech when I went there to get married. It was crazy trying to get everything done and work too! We had looked into having a traditional Moroccan wedding party and decided against it for practical reasons, one being that my family could not attend and the others being cost and time to plan it. We didn't want to waste money on something like that and I didn't have the time to get it all organized. My husband's mom works full time too and although she would have done anything for us, we didn't want to burden her with more work! The cost was an issue as well. When we discussed a traditional Moroccan wedding with his family, the guest list was at least 100 people and probably more!!!! You have to understand in Canada that you can have a small wedding ceremony and celebration and limit the number of people because it's perfectly acceptable due to costs. My husband's family is very traditional and if we were going to go that route, it was ALL or nothing. They could NOT accept something very small for fear of offending family members. My husband and I realized that this would be expensive for us as our families do not have the money to pay for it so we would be paying. And we just didn't want to do that. But mostly it was me. As I said before in this forum, I think big weddings are a waste of money and we were NOT getting married to make Immigration happy. So we chose to have two very small and informal parties. One with just VERY close friends (there were 7 of us there) at a restaurant and the other at his family's home with only the local family invited but it was just more of a get-together. No dresses, just food, talking and laughing. It was really fun and perfect for us.

However, in our case, I believe that a wedding alone does not show evidence of genuineness. I have been back to Morocco 3 times since we were married, have taken my son to visit, and have plenty of pictures of me with his family. The visa officer got stuck on this point BUT there is more to genuineness than a wedding. I am clearly accepted by his family and we have evidence of that. We also presented a lot of evidence about our communications, communications between my husband and son, and our plans for the future. I believe we did an excellent job preparing for this interview and that this ONE thing will not be the final decision maker in our case. I am disappointed that we were not given a positive response immediately but I believe we will hear good news soon. And if they refuse us, we have excellent grounds for appeal as it would clearly be the wrong decision on the part of the VO. We will be ok. :eek:)

abdo12, my husband was given back all of our proof at the end of the interview. What this tells me is that the VO made a decision about our file and didn't need to review our proof any longer. However, the problem is that she didn't tell us what the decision is. Were you given back all of your proof at the end of the interview?

abdo12

Star Member
Jul 16, 2009
rjessome..

i hope you can believe what iam saying,if your husband got the proof back to him so its mean he is approved , trust me becouse i know so many friends about that .. and i got also the proof back to me and also she said to me i will accept your file.. so i have a friend in canada right now that he got the papers back to him after his interveiw and they did not say to him that he is acceptable and after that they called him to get his visa ,someone also did an interveiw with me and he did not got the proof back to him and she said to him that his application is complicated and telling him to go until they will revise more about his file,,so iam sure when your husband got his proof back to him so its mean that you have to be happy becouse he is approved and they accepted his file ..so relax your self my friend..
and what did they said to him about medical??

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LOL! Your feelings were right before abdo12 so I hope so again!

My husband re-did his medical the week before and he gave the new medical form to them so they didn't have to ask for it. He told them that he knew his old one had expired and he didn't want to waste time to get a new one. That was it!

When did you redo your medical? Was it just one week ago or 2? It usually takes about 4 weeks for the embassy to receive the results from Paris and then they usually issue the visa one or two weeks after that if the security clearance is finished as well.

abdo12

Star Member
Jul 16, 2009
rjessome,,

i did the medical in the same week i did interveiw ,,so thanks for the info ,,so my feelings is right again and iam sure for that so iam sure if he did not be approved if they did not give the proofs back to him trust me,,so it has been so long to get stress about your file so no more stress ok!!
me and your husband will be in canada and all the friends and everythings will go in the best way ,,
somthing funny about a man ,they said to him what you need and he respond i want visa ,hahaha, and someone come just with passport and cart national to do an interveiw ,and she said to him where is your proofs and he said to them witch proofs he does not know about this stuff,,hahaha and she said to him ok go when you will be ready for an interveiw and to come with the proofs then come to us,,really sometime its funny with some guys,,
ok i wish good luck to all the pplz

agadir08

Star Member
Nov 2, 2008
abdo12 your gut instincts have been right on the mark so far! Just wondering if you have any instincts regarding my husband's interview on Oct 8th. His medical certificate expires on actual day of interview,do you think they will accept this or ask for new one? Appreciate your thoughts!

agadir08

Star Member
Nov 2, 2008
rjessome,

I'm happy to hear this good news about your interview!!! Girlfriend, soon your hubby will be in your arms!!! We are thrilled for you!

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi agadir08,

Sorry I didn't respond to your other message. Yesterday was a tough day!

Here's what I've heard about medicals and expiry. SOMETIMES the visa office will extend the validity of the medical if it is close. However, if they need a new one, they will ask for it. At the time my husband made an appointment to redo the medical, we didn't even have an interview date yet! It's a bit of a catch-22 when you look at it. If we had NOT redone the medical and they had asked him to redo it, we would KNOW that he was accepted because they will NOT ask for it if it is not required. They don't expect applicants to spend money on something that will be useless.

My opinion agadir08 is to wait until the interview before redoing the medical. First of all, they may briefly extend the validity. And secondly, it could be a good indicator about what they will do next. Just my opinion.

Another thing to remember, and I want to point this out to prevent scaring people, if they don't give the proof back at the end of the interview it just means that they want to review the file further. That's it. It's NOT a negative decision. It means that they need more time to make a decision, that's all.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kathou said:
i got a question to ask anyone plss do u have a site that we can know if they looking at our paper if yes can u can give it to em plss thx alot
I think you mean ECAS? Here is the website:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
rjessome, confident you have been approved

if it was a refusal they would keep the file to copy etc

this came up a year ago here on this forum and I stood corrected

haven't heard of anyone that was refused and received documents back

if his passport is not valid for more than 6 months have him renew it quick

if medical has expired have him renew it double quick

cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Lois Lane said:
rjessome, confident you have been approved

if it was a refusal they would keep the file to copy etc

this came up a year ago here on this forum and I stood corrected

haven't heard of anyone that was refused and received documents back

if his passport is not valid for more than 6 months have him renew it quick

if medical has expired have him renew it double quick

cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How are things going with your Husband's visa Lois Lane? I know you have been waiting a long time.
I Imagine the Visa date should be getting close for your Husband.

I wish everyone the best.

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
rjessome said:
Hi all,

Ok, I have stepped back from the "cliff" and now have some perspective. Getting a good night's sleep helps! My husband and I have spent 4 hours talking about his interview and we still believe there is a chance he will be accepted. But if not we have a plan in place to help us with the next steps. WE are not giving up without a fight.

About our wedding, you would have to understand the circumstances of our relationship and what I was doing during that visit. I was also working 6 days a week in Marrakech when I went there to get married. It was crazy trying to get everything done and work too! We had looked into having a traditional Moroccan wedding party and decided against it for practical reasons, one being that my family could not attend and the others being cost and time to plan it. We didn't want to waste money on something like that and I didn't have the time to get it all organized. My husband's mom works full time too and although she would have done anything for us, we didn't want to burden her with more work! The cost was an issue as well. When we discussed a traditional Moroccan wedding with his family, the guest list was at least 100 people and probably more!!!! You have to understand in Canada that you can have a small wedding ceremony and celebration and limit the number of people because it's perfectly acceptable due to costs. My husband's family is very traditional and if we were going to go that route, it was ALL or nothing. They could NOT accept something very small for fear of offending family members. My husband and I realized that this would be expensive for us as our families do not have the money to pay for it so we would be paying. And we just didn't want to do that. But mostly it was me. As I said before in this forum, I think big weddings are a waste of money and we were NOT getting married to make Immigration happy. So we chose to have two very small and informal parties. One with just VERY close friends (there were 7 of us there) at a restaurant and the other at his family's home with only the local family invited but it was just more of a get-together. No dresses, just food, talking and laughing. It was really fun and perfect for us.

However, in our case, I believe that a wedding alone does not show evidence of genuineness. I have been back to Morocco 3 times since we were married, have taken my son to visit, and have plenty of pictures of me with his family. The visa officer got stuck on this point BUT there is more to genuineness than a wedding. I am clearly accepted by his family and we have evidence of that. We also presented a lot of evidence about our communications, communications between my husband and son, and our plans for the future. I believe we did an excellent job preparing for this interview and that this ONE thing will not be the final decision maker in our case. I am disappointed that we were not given a positive response immediately but I believe we will hear good news soon. And if they refuse us, we have excellent grounds for appeal as it would clearly be the wrong decision on the part of the VO. We will be ok. :eek:)

abdo12, my husband was given back all of our proof at the end of the interview. What this tells me is that the VO made a decision about our file and didn't need to review our proof any longer. However, the problem is that she didn't tell us what the decision is. Were you given back all of your proof at the end of the interview?

I really hope you get that anticipated visa call for your Husband very soon, I know the waiting game is torture.

Just to let you know that my Husband was given back his proof also, and he was accepted. I think everything will be fine for your Husband also.

All the best to you and everyone waiting.

kathou

Sep 24, 2009
i i want to ask u if anyone ther if they husband receive a paper from emmbasyof rabat after the wife paper arrive ther can u answer me plss thxx

abdokath

Sep 24, 2009
( nous accusons réception de votre demande de résidence permanante recue le .....) what mean that ireceive this letter this morinnig from the embassad ??