Med's Done....
03-05-2014
Passport Req..
05-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2014
LANDED..........
28-06-2014
Hi All, I have been a silent reader here for sometime now. Even though I am an Oct'13 applicant, I would like to start in the Sept thread as this is the happening one right now. Let me begin by thanking all the members here whose contributions have helped immensely in preparing my application. Toby, you have been a real star, your work and dedication is much appreciated. Congrats to all those who have got through and all the best for those who are still waiting.

KavAgAv said:
Hi guys,

My Application under CEC was rejected today due to lack of reference letters. I plan to apply again under PNP OR FSW with help from my new employer. My question is: Is my BOWP still valid?

And congrats to all you guys who got through.

Thanks
Hi KavAgAv, Sorry to hear about the rejection. Hope you will clear it next time. I am also in a similar situation as yours, as I also went without a proper reference letter, although I had included the incomplete one I got from my employer, another one from the client which is more detailed in terms of duties and responsibilities and also an explanation letter with reason for not having a proper reference letter and a self declaration of duties. It would be really helpful if you could let me know what all alternate documents you had included to compensate for the lack of reference letter. It would help me decide whether to wait for the outcome for my current application or go ahead and look for other alternatives without wasting more time. Thanks again and all the best.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
sg33 said:
Hi All -

I got my MR yesterday and request for RPRF today. Quick question :

Shall i pay the fees and email the receipt or do i have send the hard copy as well??
Email the receipt to the email mentioned in the RPRF request email from CIC. Mailing
The hardcopy is not required.

roney

Star Member
Dec 18, 2013
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
21-Nov-2013
IELTS Request
Send with Application
File Transfer...
21-Nov-2013
Med's Request
30th April 2014
Med's Done....
3rd May 2014
Passport Req..
4th June 2014
VISA ISSUED...
waiting..............
LANDED..........
Applied from Canada
KavAgAv said:
Hi guys,

My Application under CEC was rejected today due to lack of reference letters. I plan to apply again under PNP OR FSW with help from my new employer. My question is: Is my BOWP still valid?

And congrats to all you guys who got through.

Thanks
sorry too hear about it....really feel bad...when they inform you and before inform you did they ask you anything?? u completed 1 year full of experience in a skilled worker category??? whats the problem if you know...?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
roney said:
sorry too hear about it....really feel bad...when they inform you and before inform you did they ask you anything?? u completed 1 year full of experience in a skilled worker category??? whats the problem if you know...?
He said that his application was rejected due to the lack of reference letters. Were still waiting
For him to, if possible, post the rejection email,which would give us more insight on what Happened.

tropicflite

Star Member
Apr 13, 2013
My son in the US is having trouble getting the fingerprints done. He went to 2 police stations already and neither one had the FD-258 card. He made an appointment for tomorrow at a 3rd station that does have it. He'll overnight it to the FBI and after they do the background check they'll mail the results to me here in Toronto and I'll forward it to Ottawa. We should make it with 2 weeks to spare on the 60 day deadline they gave us.

I also got my RPRF request today and just paid online and emailed the receipt. After I emailed the receipt I realized that I didn't include my date of birth in the email. Also, I had re-named the receipt from the long number to "official_receipt.pdf". Hopefully neither of those small issues will make a problem. Do you think I should resend it with the corrections, or just wait and see if they ask me about it?

We're getting closer!

sg33

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
bullionvault said:
Hi All, I have been a silent reader here for sometime now. Even though I am an Oct'13 applicant, I would like to start in the Sept thread as this is the happening one right now. Let me begin by thanking all the members here whose contributions have helped immensely in preparing my application. Toby, you have been a real star, your work and dedication is much appreciated. Congrats to all those who have got through and all the best for those who are still waiting.

Hi KavAgAv, Sorry to hear about the rejection. Hope you will clear it next time. I am also in a similar situation as yours, as I also went without a proper reference letter, although I had included the incomplete one I got from my employer, another one from the client which is more detailed in terms of duties and responsibilities and also an explanation letter with reason for not having a proper reference letter and a self declaration of duties. It would be really helpful if you could let me know what all alternate documents you had included to compensate for the lack of reference letter. It would help me decide whether to wait for the outcome for my current application or go ahead and look for other alternatives without wasting more time. Thanks again and all the best.
I didn't have a reference letter from my employer, i attached the following documents instead:

1. A letter from my current supervisor acknowledging my roles and responsibilities and other information.
2. A letter from my client organisation, acknowledging my roles and responsibilities.
3. A letter from my Employer on Company Letterhead acknowledging my period of employment and my salary in Canada.
4. Secondment letter for the current position in Canada.
5. Letter of Joining the Company.
6. Work Authorization Document.
7. Canada Salary Change Letters.
8. Pay Stubs for my entire duration of stay in Canada.

P.S: I got my MR and RPRF request yesterday

PRBK2014

Mar 20, 2014
Me too provided all the required documents but still no update on my Applications
I am Sep 16th Applicant!!

Shall I go for upfront medical and RPRF fee Payment?

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
PRBK2014 said:
Me too provided all the required documents but still no update on my Applications
I am Sep 16th Applicant!!

Shall I go for upfront medical and RPRF fee Payment?
Since MR is going out for us and you may get it any day now - I would suggest that you wait for the MR email.

You can pay upfront RPRF, if you want.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
tropicflite said:
My son in the US is having trouble getting the fingerprints done. He went to 2 police stations already and neither one had the FD-258 card. He made an appointment for tomorrow at a 3rd station that does have it. He'll overnight it to the FBI and after they do the background check they'll mail the results to me here in Toronto and I'll forward it to Ottawa. We should make it with 2 weeks to spare on the 60 day deadline they gave us.

I also got my RPRF request today and just paid online and emailed the receipt. After I emailed the receipt I realized that I didn't include my date of birth in the email. Also, I had re-named the receipt from the long number to "official_receipt.pdf". Hopefully neither of those small issues will make a problem. Do you think I should resend it with the corrections, or just wait and see if they ask me about it?

We're getting closer!
Hi tropic, the standard FBI finger print card can be printed off from FBI's website
Here: http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/criminal-history-summary-checks/standard-fingerprint-form-fd-258

You can print it in normal white paper, and fill it out as much as you can. Then you take it to the police station, where they will fill their part and take your fingerprint on this same paper. I did it this way.

As for RPRF receipt, date of birth is not that important. Because your Application number & UCI number is enough to identify you. We ask people to include as much information as possible, to help CIC officers identify our file. But in real only AOR & UCI number is needed to find your file. This is straight from Case Processing Centre: Ottawa "Please quote your complete application number (letter “E”, “EP” or “F” ) followed by eight or nine digits in all correspondence with our office."

Renaming your receipt file will not matter. They only care about whats inside the receipt i.e. the Bar code/receipt number.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
byrwus said:
why do you want to pay for something you might not be eligible for?
patience
It is fully refundable. If you can spare the $490 for RPRF, CIC asks that you clear it. So that in later stage they don't have to mail you and ask you for it.

It will probably save you around 1/2 weeks, not a big deal, but some people choose to clear their fees early.

UK-CEC-Applicant

Star Member
Mar 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London- England
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2013
Doc's Request.
04-04-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2013
Med's Request
Waiting
PRBK2014 said:
Thank you iamroth
If RPRF is refundable I will go Upfront RPRF then!!!!!!

I also think doing things upfront was a good idea overall. Go ahead

KavAgAv

Star Member
Nov 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2014
AOR Received.
16-07-2014
Med's Request
07-07-2015
Med's Done....
14-07-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2015
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
iam_toby said:
He said that his application was rejected due to the lack of reference letters. Were still waiting
For him to, if possible, post the rejection email,which would give us more insight on what Happened.

Here is the email from CIC:

"I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the Canadian Experience Class and have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

According to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, applicants in the Canadian Experience Class are assessed on the basis of the pass/fail requirements set out in subsection R87.1(2). The assessment of these criteria determines whether a worker with Canadian experience will be able to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are:

temporary resident status during the period of work experience in Canada and any period of full time study or training, meeting the minimum language proficiency threshold in either English or French, and qualifying Canadian skilled work experience.

Your application was assessed based on the occupation(s) which you identified as part of your skilled work experience in Canada: 2132- Mechanical Engineers

I am not satisfied you have acquired, in Canada, within the 36 months before the date on which your application was received, at least 12 months of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work experience, in one or more occupations listed in Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). You chose not to submit a letter of reference from your employer “XXXXXXXXXXXX” in Canada, listing dates of employment, physical location of work and the job duties and responsibilities that you performed during your period of employment in Canada. As such, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of Regulation 87.1(2) (a), (b) and (c).

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(1) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Yours sincerely,
Case Officer VH
Case Processing Center- Ottawa -D6899 Citizenship and Immigration Canada 219 Laurier Avenue West| 219 avenue Laurier "

I had provided the following documents instead of the reference letters:

1. Employment letters from before entering Canada, sgowing my roles and responsibilities
2. My deputation letter to the client location in Canada ( this did not contain any roles or responsibilities)
3. Pay stubs from the time I entered Canada until the time I applied, and T4 for that duration. I later on emailed a second T4 for the next year.
4. A cover letter explaining why I am unable to provide detailed letter containing roles, responsibilities and working hours.
5. A copy of my CV.

In any case I am not disappointed. I had expected this. But I have a Canadian born son, and I hoped that CIC would show some consideration for this.
When I had applied I was on a tight schedule, and my contract with my previous employer was coming to an end, I needed BOWP to change employers fast. The current employer is willing to help, the last one wasnt, so I guess everything happens for the best.