03-05-2014
Passport Req..
05-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2014
LANDED..........
28-06-2014
sg33 said:
I didn't have a reference letter from my employer, i attached the following documents instead:

1. A letter from my current supervisor acknowledging my roles and responsibilities and other information.
2. A letter from my client organisation, acknowledging my roles and responsibilities.
3. A letter from my Employer on Company Letterhead acknowledging my period of employment and my salary in Canada.
4. Secondment letter for the current position in Canada.
5. Letter of Joining the Company.
6. Work Authorization Document.
7. Canada Salary Change Letters.
8. Pay Stubs for my entire duration of stay in Canada.

P.S: I got my MR and RPRF request yesterday
Thanks sg33 for listing out the documents. I also have provided all of them except 2 and 4. Additionally, I have attached the email from my manager mentioning their inability to provide any other letter, my business card with my position and office address, employee profile extract from internal website which mentions my position, job roles and detailed experience.

To sg33, Toby and all other active members, In case I am able to secure a reference letter from client organization, would it be a good idea to send it to cic now, considering that they will start processing oct applicants any day now? I know we can't be certain about anything given the scenario, any suggestion would help me decide whether to try for this letter or not.

bullionvault

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2013
AOR Received.
27-11-2013
Med's Request
02-05-2014
Med's Done....
03-05-2014
Passport Req..
05-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2014
LANDED..........
28-06-2014
KavAgAv said:
I had provided the following documents instead of the reference letters:

1. Employment letters from before entering Canada, sgowing my roles and responsibilities
2. My deputation letter to the client location in Canada ( this did not contain any roles or responsibilities)
3. Pay stubs from the time I entered Canada until the time I applied, and T4 for that duration. I later on emailed a second T4 for the next year.
4. A cover letter explaining why I am unable to provide detailed letter containing roles, responsibilities and working hours.
5. A copy of my CV.
KavAgAv, Thanks for providing the details, much appreciated. I hope you would clear it the next time.

tropicflite

Star Member
Apr 13, 2013
iamroth said:
Hi tropic, the standard FBI finger print card can be printed off from FBI's website
Here: http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/criminal-history-summary-checks/standard-fingerprint-form-fd-258

You can print it in normal white paper, and fill it out as much as you can. Then you take it to the police station, where they will fill their part and take your fingerprint on this same paper. I did it this way.

As for RPRF receipt, date of birth is not that important. Because your Application number & UCI number is enough to identify you. We ask people to include as much information as possible, to help CIC officers identify our file. But in real only AOR & UCI number is needed to find your file. This is straight from Case Processing Centre: Ottawa "Please quote your complete application number (letter “E”, “EP” or “F” ) followed by eight or nine digits in all correspondence with our office."

Renaming your receipt file will not matter. They only care about whats inside the receipt i.e. the Bar code/receipt number.
Thank you for this info! I had thought that the fingerprints would somehow be better quality (and have less chance of being returned) if I used the official card rather than printer paper, but it does say plain white paper is acceptable. I'll tell him to print out the card before he goes to the police station today just in case they don't have it again.

I'll just leave well-enough alone regarding the RPRF receipt. I like to keep my correspondence to a minimum and not distract them!

I tried to +1 you again, but it says I still have to wait 168 hours. I owe you karma Roth!

tropicflite

Star Member
Apr 13, 2013
One more question: When I mailed in the application for myself and my 3 kids, it was returned and I was asked to remove the application fee for my son in the US. I did and re-sent the application (with him still in it), and it was accepted. I know they are processing him because they requested additional info about him. My question is when will I pay his application fee? Will it be when he lands?

jshziris

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
bullionvault said:
Thanks sg33 for listing out the documents. I also have provided all of them except 2 and 4. Additionally, I have attached the email from my manager mentioning their inability to provide any other letter, my business card with my position and office address, employee profile extract from internal website which mentions my position, job roles and detailed experience.

To sg33, Toby and all other active members, In case I am able to secure a reference letter from client organization, would it be a good idea to send it to cic now, considering that they will start processing oct applicants any day now? I know we can't be certain about anything given the scenario, any suggestion would help me decide whether to try for this letter or not.
I'm not expert but... A letter from supervisor/manager listing responsibilities, salary etc with company letterhead, isn't that what employer reference letter is?

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
tropicflite said:
One more question: When I mailed in the application for myself and my 3 kids, it was returned and I was asked to remove the application fee for my son in the US. I did and re-sent the application (with him still in it), and it was accepted. I know they are processing him because they requested additional info about him. My question is when will I pay his application fee? Will it be when he lands?
Hey tropic Any reason why they asked you to remove application fee for your son? Did you pay extra or something? As far as I know it is $550 for 22yrs & over, $150 for under 22yrs.

If there is an outstanding fee, they will request it before they grant you permanent visa. Just like they ask to pay RPRF before issuing visa. So IF the fee is due, you will get an email before Passport Request.

Have you ever ordered GCMS notes? If you have, it will be noted on GCMS.

tropicflite

Star Member
Apr 13, 2013
iamroth said:
Hey tropic Any reason why they asked you to remove application fee for your son? Did you pay extra or something? As far as I know it is $550 for 22yrs & over, $150 for under 22yrs.

If there is an outstanding fee, they will request it before they grant you permanent visa. Just like they ask to pay RPRF before issuing visa. So IF the fee is due, you will get an email before Passport Request.

Have you ever ordered GCMS notes? If you have, it will be noted on GCMS.
They did not state a reason why they wanted me to remove the $150 fee for him. All 4 of us (me plus 3 kids) are definitely being processed because we all got the request for MR. I did not order the GCMS notes, but I suppose I could. I don't mind just waiting until they ask for it though.

kaka123

Dec 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2013
AOR Received.
07-11-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
04-04-2014
Passport Req..
24-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2014
LANDED..........
3-05-2014
i am probably the only one that didn't get RPRF yesterday :(

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
tropicflite said:
They did not state a reason why they wanted me to remove the $150 fee for him. All 4 of us (me plus 3 kids) are definitely being processed because we all got the request for MR. I did not order the GCMS notes, but I suppose I could. I don't mind just waiting until they ask for it though.
Yah it is just waiting game after they receive the FBI certificates.

kaka123 said:
i am probably the only one that didn't get RPRF yesterday :(
thaxxjr said:
Still waiting for mine, too! :(
I will see your "Did not get RPRF Request" and Raise you to "Did not get Medical request".

:p

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
iamroth said:
Yah it is just waiting game after they receive the FBI certificates.

I will see your "Did not get RPRF Request" and Raise you to "Did not get Medical request".

:p
You will all be fine! :) I did upfront everything and nothing happening with my file either. So chillax! ;D

SENTHILS

Aug 26, 2013
Hii all...I have one question that we paid RPRF on 5 april(during our payment they didnt ask anything about UCI and application number rite)...but i want to send it after RPRF request so i didnt send the receipt thru mail...Is it the reason why i didnt get RPRF request???

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
SENTHILS said:
Hii all...I have one question that we paid RPRF on 5 april(during our payment they didnt ask anything about UCI and application number rite)...but i want to send it after RPRF request so i didnt send the receipt thru mail...Is it the reason why i didnt get RPRF request???
You said you paid the RPRF upfront, right? Did you get the RPRF request yesterday?
All you have to do is send the receipt from your upfront payment to the email address mentioned
in the RPRF request and in the body of your email, put all the information from this post:
>> http://cectoolkit.weebly.com/3/post/2014/03/how-do-i-email-cpc-ottawa.html

SENTHILS

Aug 26, 2013
Hii Toby...I paid it on 5 april itself...but after that i am not able to scan and send it....After seeing so many RPRF requests, i thought i will get it...but i didnt ...thats y asking my doubt...today i am going to send the mail anyway...