+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2013 Applications

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
iamroth said:
I cannot remember if you get an email when they decide to return your application or it just shows up one day at your door! :(
No, there's no email if an application is returned before the AOR has been issued. They
simply mail the whole package back to you.

auracreates

Aug 15, 2013
Hello Folks,

I paid my RPRF yesterday, and waiting for the med results to be uploaded onto eMedical by my doc. It should happen sometime next week. A quick question for Toby and the experts in here:

I am engaged to be married. Getting married on May 24, 2014. My fiancé is a French Canadian, born and raised in Ontario, and he does not need to be sponsored by me (clearly!). In the RPRF email I received yesterday, it said if you are intending to get married, you should inform CPC immediately so the spouse can be added to the application.

So what I did was scan in my marriage license received by the Ministry here showing the date and names of me and my spouse and our intention to get hitched! I also mentioned in the email I sent to CPC that he does not need to be sponsored or added to my application and hence my application be processed normally, as it is being done right now.

Question is: does that slow down things for me at all? I am really hoping I can receive PPR in the next couple weeks and want the current speed at which my application is being processed to be maintained!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
auracreates said:
Hello Folks,

I paid my RPRF yesterday, and waiting for the med results to be uploaded onto eMedical by my doc. It should happen sometime next week. A quick question for Toby and the experts in here:

I am engaged to be married. Getting married on May 24, 2014. My fiancé is a French Canadian, born and raised in Ontario, and he does not need to be sponsored by me (clearly!). In the RPRF email I received yesterday, it said if you are intending to get married, you should inform CPC immediately so the spouse can be added to the application.

So what I did was scan in my marriage license received by the Ministry here showing the date and names of me and my spouse and our intention to get hitched! I also mentioned in the email I sent to CPC that he does not need to be sponsored or added to my application and hence my application be processed normally, as it is being done right now.

Question is: does that slow down things for me at all? I am really hoping I can receive PPR in the next couple weeks and want the current speed at which my application is being processed to be maintained!
I would also submit proof of Canadian citizenship ( ie birth certificate and/or passport ) to CPC-O as proof
that your hubby doesn't need sponsoring. It shouldn't affect your application at all.

auracreates

Aug 15, 2013
iam_toby said:
I would also submit proof of Canadian citizenship ( ie birth certificate and/or passport ) to CPC-O as proof
that your hubby doesn't need sponsoring. It shouldn't affect your application at all.
Ok, Perfect! Thanks for the quick response!

suraaj

Apr 4, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
AOR Received.
13-11-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP 25-07-2013
File Transfer...
13-11-2013
Med's Request
11-04-2014
Med's Done....
12-04-2014
Passport Req..
06-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2014
A question to toby and other experts in here. My application was received on September 27, 2013. I received my AOR on Nov 13, 2013. I was thinking of getting my GCMS notes as I haven't got my MR request yet and wanted to check what is the status of the application. What should I request for, an electronic file or a physical file? What is the difference between the two. Please advise.

Regards Suraaj

navalpandit

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
An Important Question,, I need guidance

I am planning to go for upfront medicals. But i dont know how to figure out that I am in canada and my wife is in India. How can she do her upfront medicals? She does not have any file number or UCI. how will it work? Any idea?

AND HOW MCH IS THE FEES for Medicals in India? Punjab. Chandigarh.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
suraaj said:
A question to toby and other experts in here. My application was received on September 27, 2013. I received my AOR on Nov 13, 2013. I was thinking of getting my GCMS notes as I haven't got my MR request yet and wanted to check what is the status of the application. What should I request for, an electronic file or a physical file? What is the difference between the two. Please advise.

Regards Suraaj
I would suggest to wait for another couple of days, before requesting the notes. You might get the MR
today or tomorrow. Wait until at least Sunday and then you may order the electronic file.

As per help file:

Electronic Files:

CIC uses three electronic systems: Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System (CAIPS), Field Operation Support System (FOSS) and Global Case Management System (GCMS).

The CAIPS is comprised of notes made by immigration officers located at missions abroad only.

FOSS is comprised mainly of immigration files located in Canada. However, in some cases, they also include notations made by overseas staff. This system is used primarily by Points of Entry(POE) officers to record the entries and exits of foreign nationals.

The GCMS is CIC’s new integrated and worldwide system used internally to process applications for citizenship and immigration services.

Physical Files:

The physical files include all files located in Canada or abroad that pertain to an immigration process, such as a work or study permit, an extension of temporary residence, a sponsorship, an application for permanent residence, etc.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
navalpandit said:
An Important Question,, I need guidance

I am planning to go for upfront medicals. But i dont know how to figure out that I am in canada and my wife is in India. How can she do her upfront medicals? She does not have any file number or UCI. how will it work? Any idea?

AND HOW MCH IS THE FEES for Medicals in India? Punjab. Chandigarh.
You don't need the file number for upfront medicals, nor do you need your UCI.
Consider reading those two posts:
#1: http://cectoolkit.weebly.com/3/post/2014/02/whats-the-deal-with-upfront-medicals.html
and
#2: http://cectoolkit.weebly.com/my-upfront-medical-experience.html

Hope this helps.

suraaj

Apr 4, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
AOR Received.
13-11-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP 25-07-2013
File Transfer...
13-11-2013
Med's Request
11-04-2014
Med's Done....
12-04-2014
Passport Req..
06-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2014
iam_toby said:
I would suggest to wait for another couple of days, before requesting the notes. You might get the MR
today or tomorrow. Wait until at least Sunday and then you may order the electronic file.

As per help file:
I will wait until Sunday then...

Thanks Toby...

Regards Suraaj

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
suraaj said:

Thanks Toby...

Regards Suraaj
You're welcome! Hang in there, there's still applicants left to receive the MR around
the same time when you've applied. You'll be fine!

suraaj

Apr 4, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
AOR Received.
13-11-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP 25-07-2013
File Transfer...
13-11-2013
Med's Request
11-04-2014
Med's Done....
12-04-2014
Passport Req..
06-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2014
suraaj said:

Thanks Toby...

Regards Suraaj
And any of the process would take 30 days???

Regards Suraaj