+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

Riricanada

Aug 18, 2024
Hello, I am planning to go to Montenegro with a Refugee Travel Document via Vienna or Warsaw. I do not have a PR yet, I only have an RTD.

Does Montenegro accept only RTD? Also, has anyone flown via Vienna or Warsaw before? Do these two places require a transit visa for RTD?

Thank you

Rick4Life

Star Member
Nov 17, 2022
Hello, I am planning to go to Montenegro with a Refugee Travel Document via Vienna or Warsaw. I do not have a PR yet, I only have an RTD.

Does Montenegro accept only RTD? Also, has anyone flown via Vienna or Warsaw before? Do these two places require a transit visa for RTD?

Thank you
You do not require a Visa to Montenegro with RTD and no PR, but you sure need a Schengen Visa to fly through Vienna or Warsaw. Best option is for you to fly through Frankfurt or Munich on Lufthansa, Air Canada or Condor.

shada4

Jun 17, 2024
I haven't received or heard anything since April 28th 2024 and we are in August.
Did u get yours yet?

not yet. i called the IRCC they said my app was on hold with no reason. Does anyone have the same case?
Any advice?
I applied for a refugee travel document (RTD) on May 7th, 2024.

Last edited:

emy22

Aug 6, 2024
Hi guys, has anyone had the experience of traveling to the UK with a travel document. Is a visa needed? If it is just for transit, do you need a visa?

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
Hi guys, has anyone had the experience of traveling to the UK with a travel document. Is a visa needed? If it is just for transit, do you need a visa?
Yes I traveled twice to the UK with RTD, once without PR and once with PR.
You need a visa for sure, transit or tourism or whatever. Might be different types depending on what you are going to the UK for.

DOCI

Aug 3, 2023
Hi everyone. I’d like to renew my RTD, which is still valid until next March. I’m wondering when would be the best time to start the process. Please let me know if you have any links or information on how to renew it. Also, I heard the address where the documents need to be delivered has changed, if you have any info about that, I’d appreciate it. Thanks!"

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Hi everyone. I’d like to renew my RTD, which is still valid until next March. I’m wondering when would be the best time to start the process. Please let me know if you have any links or information on how to renew it. Also, I heard the address where the documents need to be delivered has changed, if you have any info about that, I’d appreciate it. Thanks!"
I received the new one. Mine was going to expire April 2025. I did not want to take risk and applied for new one earlier.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/travel-documents-non-canadians.html
Answer the questions and you will see the application form. Address on the form also.

DOCI

Aug 3, 2023
I received the new one. Mine was going to expire April 2025. I did not want to take risk and applied for new one earlier.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/travel-documents-non-canadians.html
Answer the questions and you will see the application form. Address on the form also.
Thank you for your quick response. I feel the same—I don’t want to risk it by waiting until the last minute. Did you apply for the urgent one? I saw your earlier messages about the timing, and it seems you got the new one pretty fast.

Reactions: Canadian_rainbow