• postmaster
  • optometrist
  • veterinarian
  • notary public
  • nurse practitioner
  • dentist, medical doctor or chiropractor
  • principal of a primary or secondary school
  • senior administrator or teacher in a university
  • professional engineer (P. Eng. or Ing. in Quebec)
  • senior administrator in a community college (in Quebec, a CEGEP)
  • judge, magistrate or police officer (municipal, provincial or RCMP)
  • professional accountant (member of APA, CA, CGA, CMA, PA or RPA)
  • lawyer (member of a provincial bar association), or notary in Quebec
  • minister of religion
You can only use retired occupation-based guarantors if their name still appears on the listing provided to us by the relevant association.
I’m aware of the requirements. I’ve already submitted my application. It was rejected the first time and they didn’t mention anything regarding the photo . Now they are requesting a new photo and it must be signed by a guarantor. My application they have my guarantor has retired the end of the school year . And Im not able to get the to resign the photo . How can I go about this

Aug 1, 2024
Hi everyone,
I sent my application for a Canada travel document in June, but I haven't received anything yet. Has anyone had a similar experience? Also,I have already submitted the web form twice.

TheWise1

Jun 29, 2024
I’m aware of the requirements. I’ve already submitted my application. It was rejected the first time and they didn’t mention anything regarding the photo . Now they are requesting a new photo and it must be signed by a guarantor. My application they have my guarantor has retired the end of the school year . And Im not able to get the to resign the photo . How can I go about this
Get a new Guarantor, and write a letter to explain to them, that's for sure, else they will reject it again

Reactions: Newstart2022

crowdl7

Apr 6, 2024
Hi guys! I have a question, I came Canada from USA. I crossed US Canada borders on 26 June 2022.
Can I get USA visa with my RTD? I don’t have PR yet.
If anyone has same situation please guide. Thanks

susanamatya

Jul 8, 2024
Dear friends

I am planning to visit the Schengen Area using my Refugee Travel Document (RTD) no PR. I intend to enter Germany and visit several other countries as well. Although I understand that Germany and Italy do not require a visa for RTD holders, I will still need a Schengen visa to visit other Schengen countries.

Could you please confirm whether I can submit my Schengen visa application at the German Embassy in Ontario, or if I need to apply through the embassy of another country? Additionally, I would appreciate it if you could provide me with detailed information on the required documents and the process for applying for a Schengen visa.

Thank you for your assistance.

susanamatya

Jul 8, 2024
Dear friends

I am planning to visit the Schengen Area using my Refugee Travel Document (RTD) no PR. I intend to enter Germany and visit several other countries as well. Although I understand that Germany and Italy do not require a visa for RTD holders, I will still need a Schengen visa to visit other Schengen countries.

Could you please confirm whether I can submit my Schengen visa application at the German Embassy in Ontario, or if I need to apply through the embassy of another country? Additionally, I would appreciate it if you could provide me with detailed information on the required documents and the process for applying for a Schengen visa.

Rick4Life

Star Member
Nov 17, 2022
Dear friends

You Can't submit your application with Germany for German Visa , they wont accept it. You can submit with Germany if you're going to Austria. You can also apply Denmark , Spain, France or Greece. Check their respective Consular websites for more details and requirements.

annamanjk

Jun 17, 2023
I applied for a refugee travel document (RTD) on May 7th, 2024; it's exceeded the processing time and is still in process If anyone has the same case, what should I do to get my travel document as soon as possible?
I haven't received or heard anything since April 28th 2024 and we are in August.
Did u get yours yet?

Jul 11, 2023
I haven't received or heard anything since April 28th 2024 and we are in August.
Did u get yours yet?
I submitted an urgent request and applied the first time in April 2024 and the second in July 2024. 10s of calls and webforms and still nothing. I know friends who submitted theirs after mine and got the application number already. It's very frustrating!

Pinkangelma29

Star Member
May 13, 2024
Hello guys,

I am planning to travel Montenegro on September 2024 for a week. I have been living in Canada and I am a permanent resident in Canada. ( I have my pr card) I have a refugee travel document issued by Goverment of Canada.

Is a canadian refugee travel document accepted to enter Montenegro? and I am wondering am I going to be okay with RTD and my pr card? My RTD will expire on Feb 2025

last year I went to bosnia Herzegovinaand germany without pr card. Everything was fine.

any idea!?
thank you everyone