+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

Rick4Life

Star Member
Nov 17, 2022
Hello guys,

I am planning to travel Montenegro on September 2024 for a week. I have been living in Canada and I am a permanent resident in Canada. ( I have my pr card) I have a refugee travel document issued by Goverment of Canada.

Is a canadian refugee travel document accepted to enter Montenegro? and I am wondering am I going to be okay with RTD and my pr card? My RTD will expire on Feb 2025

last year I went to bosnia Herzegovinaand germany without pr card. Everything was fine.

any idea!?
thank you everyone
Yes, the documentation you hold is sufficient. You do not need any visa to Montenegro.

Pinkangelma29

Star Member
May 13, 2024
I have another question folks!
I’m going to travel outside of canada and when I’m returning to canada my RTD will be valid for 5months. Is this fine to re enter Canada? I have valid pr card. Or does it need to be at least 6 months valid ? Any idea? Thanks in advance.

Cayman

Dec 12, 2021
Hello guys,

I am planning to travel Montenegro on September 2024 for a week. I have been living in Canada and I am a permanent resident in Canada. ( I have my pr card) I have a refugee travel document issued by Goverment of Canada.

Is a canadian refugee travel document accepted to enter Montenegro? and I am wondering am I going to be okay with RTD and my pr card? My RTD will expire on Feb 2025

last year I went to bosnia Herzegovinaand germany without pr card. Everything was fine.

any idea!?
thank you everyone
https://www.iata.org/en/services/compliance/timatic/travel-documentation/

fill out the form, it will show if you need a visa or not.

Reactions: Pinkangelma29

MaydayMayday

Aug 14, 2024
Good Day,
I just received my RTD and I don't have a PR card as I am just a convention refugee and I was wondering if I need any other document along with the RTD when I travel back to Canada? Thank you.

031_guy

Star Member
Feb 17, 2022
Hi guys! I have a question, I came Canada from USA. I crossed US Canada borders on 26 June 2022.
Can I get USA visa with my RTD? I don’t have PR yet.
If anyone has same situation please guide. Thanks
Hi,

Similar situation. I got my US visa BEFORE my PR came out. Quick process but it took six weeks before I could get by RTD back as they need to cancel your first US visa ( they already know you are in Canada). They will then issue you with a new US visa.

Hassoni

Oct 16, 2023
I submitted an urgent request and applied the first time in April 2024 and the second in July 2024. 10s of calls and webforms and still nothing. I know friends who submitted theirs after mine and got the application number already. It's very frustrating!
same happened to me. was not getting any application number in three months. The IRCC Agent recommend me to send a new application and when I did, I got application number after just 4 days

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
I have another question folks!
I’m going to travel outside of canada and when I’m returning to canada my RTD will be valid for 5months. Is this fine to re enter Canada? I have valid pr card. Or does it need to be at least 6 months valid ? Any idea? Thanks in advance.
Yes it is fine to re-enter Canada with 5 month (or any # of months) validity on your RTD.

You are a PR you can enter and exit any time with or without RTD.

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
Good Day,
I just received my RTD and I don't have a PR card as I am just a convention refugee and I was wondering if I need any other document along with the RTD when I travel back to Canada? Thank you.
I travelled 3-4 times with RTD without PR and I needed a proof of stay in Canada (the airline asked for it, said I would have to sign a waiver if I didnt have it, as there is a chance CBSA refuses your entry back to Canada).

So I always carried my work permit with me when i travelled with no issues on entry or exit.

031_guy

Star Member
Feb 17, 2022
I travelled 3-4 times with RTD without PR and I needed a proof of stay in Canada (the airline asked for it, said I would have to sign a waiver if I didnt have it, as there is a chance CBSA refuses your entry back to Canada).

So I always carried my work permit with me when i travelled with no issues on entry or exit.
Have you reapplied for RTD, how was that process like ?