Doc's Request.
No additional documents request since AOR
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
LANDED..........
14-10-2016
Ok bro, you are right, but what you say particularly applies to FSW category's points, not the CRS score. Here are the details http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

For FSW, as you can see, the max points come for 6+ years of experiene, but Express Entry's max points are awarded for 3+ years.

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
valsanail said:
Ok bro, you are right, but what you say particularly applies to FSW category's points, not the CRS score. Here are the details http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

For FSW, as you can see, the max points come for 6+ years of experiene, but Express Entry's max points are awarded for 3+ years.
yes.. that's true

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
haaaa... I usually do not have time to spend energy correcting others. I already spend much of what I can helping others.

But for one last time, the factors discussed above are BASIC FSW eligibility - in which you have to score merely 67 points out of 100 to be able to apply. This points system existed way before current immigration program of Express entry.

It still exists today, but express entry DOES NOT only depend upon above. So above scoring is just the minimum acceptance criteria for PR.

Using above you can submit profile. But you cannot get an Invitation to apply for PR which is based upon CRS score.

In which you have to score 450 or higher points to get an actual invite.

It is CRS score which is big deal. And CRS calculator does not give points for more than 3 years for FSW. The above discussion was for CRS scores (as the term CRS is specifically mentioned related to express entry. The text quoted in above post mentioning 15 points max are for FSW to score 67 points out of 100.

More than enough said.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
fkl said:
haaaa... I usually do not have time to spend energy correcting others. I already spend much of what I can helping others.

But for one last time, the factors discussed above are BASIC FSW eligibility - in which you have to score merely 67 points out of 100 to be able to apply. This points system existed way before current immigration program of Express entry.

It still exists today, but express entry DOES NOT only depend upon above. So above scoring is just the minimum acceptance criteria for PR.

Using above you can submit profile. But you cannot get an Invitation to apply for PR which is based upon CRS score.

It is CRS score which is big deal. And CRS calculator does not give points for more than 3 years for FSW. The above discussion was for CRS scores (as the term CRS is specifically mentioned related to express entry. The text quoted in above post mentioning 15 points max are for FSW to score 67 points out of 100.

More than enough said.
+1 . Few members get confused and their questions are rhetorical. Patience and clarity is appreciated as already mentioned by Pippin!

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Thanks pippin and raj.

@areva, though I am not absolutely sure, but it appears since your job title is not in demand (not in the list that SK put in for PNP), they excluded points for job experience and consequently you didn't score the min 67.

I don't remember the SK rules for choosing professions. Some one with more closer look might be able to answer that. But I assume that if your again work as a lecturer and had past role as lecturer too, you could use those and change your NOC accordingly to apply.

Still the lecturer in your particular profession should be among the professions needed in SK to qualify that. Good luck

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
fkl said:
Thanks pippin and raj.

@areva, though I am not absolutely sure, but it appears since your job title is not in demand (not in the list that SK put in for PNP), they excluded points for job experience and consequently you didn't score the min 67.

I don't remember the SK rules for choosing professions. Some one with more closer look might be able to answer that. But I assume that if your again work as a lecturer and had past role as lecturer too, you could use those and change your NOC accordingly to apply.

Still the lecturer in your particular profession should be among the professions needed in SK to qualify that. Good luck
fkl - From what I know, SINP updates the "In-Demand Occupations" list. I have seen 2174 being there but now, when I check the list, it isn't. Well, if 4011 was the primary NOC and it was there on the list, the OP might have been rejected in error. The question is, how do we verify if the NOC was there in the list when the OP applied? Does SINP keep archives of "In-Demand Occupation" lists or is it just one link they use and it is overwritten? Any idea?

SINP has a separate system wherein the applicant has to score at least 60/100 in a scale devised by SINP.

@areva - Could you please provide us the breakup of the points and show that you scored at least 60/100 points in the SINP points grid? If we can confirm you did, we can proceed to investigate further.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
rajkamalmohanram said:
fkl - From what I know, SINP updates the "In-Demand Occupations" list. I have seen 2174 being there but now, when I check the list, it isn't. Well, if 4011 was the primary NOC and it was there on the list, the OP might have been rejected in error. The question is, how do we verify if the NOC was there in the list when the OP applied? Does SINP keep archives of "In-Demand Occupation" lists or is it just one link they use and it is overwritten? Any idea?

SINP has a separate system wherein the applicant has to score at least 60/100 in a scale devised by SINP.

@areva - Could you please provide us the breakup of the points and show that you scored at least 60/100 points in the SINP points grid? If we can confirm you did, we can proceed to investigate further.
Thanks raj. Yeah I didn't know all that. All I can do is confirm that yes 2174 was there indeed a little while back. A close friend got through that and is about to land soon. Thanks for adding more valuable info +1.

Update: Regarding the last part, I only know that SINP has been opening up 500 applications at a time i.e. until that number is reached and one list of NOCs published at time only applies for that in take. The terms change the next time they have an intake.
Having said that, I know that 2174 was there for at least 2 such draws during 2015.

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
fkl said:

More than enough said.
haaaaaaaa... you needn't bother, we sorted it out, thanks but no thanks

RockCan

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Nomination.....
15-04-16
AOR Received.
06-05-16
fkl said:
Thanks raj. Yeah I didn't know all that. All I can do is confirm that yes 2174 was there indeed a little while back. A close friend got through that and is about to land soon. Thanks for adding more valuable info +1.

Update: Regarding the last part, I only know that SINP has been opening up 500 applications at a time i.e. until that number is reached and one list of NOCs published at time only applies for that in take. The terms change the next time they have an intake.
Having said that, I know that 2174 was there for at least 2 such draws during 2015.
FKL can you please help me with this?

I have already applied for my PR on 26th May, and I'm an OINP applicant. But somehow I am not sure about my reference letter I provided, as my job title belongs to NOC C while my job duties displays NOC B, though I know the title doesn't matter much. As discussed in the forum by people I got to know that OINP is not extending any nomination exp date when CIC has rejected application due to NOC mismatch.IF something happens like this I don't think I will be able to get ITA again.

Actually I'm thinking to submit a supplemetary information through CSE, I'm including a LoE from my side that why I'm providing supp. info, plus to support my claim, a letter from my manager on company letterhead that why there is a descrepancy in my job title and duties, a job posting paper (where they mentioned an education requirement,which strongen my claim that my job belongs to NOC B) plus a confirmation from the NOC help desk that My job duties belons to NOC B, Wil that be fine?? Or am I making them doubt my application??

THanks in advance and yor help wil be much appriciated.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
RockCan said:
FKL can you please help me with this?

I have already applied for my PR on 26th May, and I'm an OINP applicant. But somehow I am not sure about my reference letter I provided, as my job title belongs to NOC C while my job duties displays NOC B, though I know the title doesn't matter much. As discussed in the forum by people I got to know that OINP is not extending any nomination exp date when CIC has rejected application due to NOC mismatch.IF something happens like this I don't think I will be able to get ITA again.

Actually I'm thinking to submit a supplemetary information through CSE, I'm including a LoE from my side that why I'm providing supp. info, plus to support my claim, a letter from my manager on company letterhead that why there is a descrepancy in my job title and duties, a job posting paper (where they mentioned an education requirement,which strongen my claim that my job belongs to NOC B) plus a confirmation from the NOC help desk that My job duties belons to NOC B, Wil that be fine?? Or am I making them doubt my application??

THanks in advance and yor help wil be much appriciated.
Adding this detail would certainly be helpful. Please do it asap.

Some important factors

a) Required educational qualification - NOC B's likely require university degree or a formal apprenticeship / experience.
b) Detailed job and duties description
c) Proof of wage / income which should be around median or better than average wage for that NOC in that province. This is public data in Canada so look at that.

Good luck

Cofca

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
23-06-2016
Guys, help me out

My wife was denied admission to the US in March 2016. Her Visa was cancelled at the port of entry. Reason given was that 2 years earlier she had given birth to our daughter in the States while on a tourism visa. She was asked to go back to the US Consulate with another visa application - needless to say, she was denied a visa on the ground that she did not have a job (she has been unemployed for a while) and that they were not sure she wanted to get a third child in the US.

I am just wondering if any of you has been in a similar situation or heard of someone in such a situation. Do you think this would lead to a PR rejection???
I am the primary applicant with my wife and 2 kids as dependents.

This is one of the reasons why I was asked to submit Schedule A form i.e. because the question regarding 'visa refusal' was answered 'Yes'

Thanks in advance all!!!!

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
Cofca said:
Guys, help me out

My wife was denied admission to the US in March 2016. Her Visa was cancelled at the port of entry. Reason given was that 2 years earlier she had given birth to our daughter in the States while on a tourism visa. She was asked to go back to the US Consulate with another visa application - needless to say, she was denied a visa on the ground that she did not have a job (she has been unemployed for a while) and that they were not sure she wanted to get a third child in the US.

I am just wondering if any of you has been in a similar situation or heard of someone in such a situation. Do you think this would lead to a PR rejection???
I am the primary applicant with my wife and 2 kids as dependents.

This is one of the reasons why I was asked to submit Schedule A form i.e. because the question regarding 'visa refusal' was answered 'Yes'

Thanks in advance all!!!!
Just wonder how did the US government know that your wife gave birth on tourism?

Anyway, you should be truthful abt your rejection reason. In my opinion, since you are applied for PR, the rejection will not impact the result because the rejection was for visitor visa. Visitor visa and PR have different requirements. However, if CIC considers it as an illegal action, it could be another story. In Canada, the government is against birth tourism by all means. You can search for that in google.

Cofca

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
23-06-2016
karenv said:
Just wonder how did the US government know that your wife gave birth on tourism?

Anyway, you should be truthful abt your rejection reason. In my opinion, since you are applied for PR, the rejection will not impact the result because the rejection was for visitor visa. Visitor visa and PR have different requirements. However, if CIC considers it as an illegal action, it could be another story. In Canada, the government is against birth tourism by all means. You can search for that in google.
Thanks Karenv,

The US immigration system is very efficient; when you apply for a Visa, you have to indicate your family information; your husband/wife and kids and where they were born. Once that goes into the system, the moment you place your hand at the immigration scanner at the airport, your details come up.

I know Canada does not even consider baby born in Canada a Canadian if the one of the parents is not Canadian... baby tourism, though discouraged in Canada is therefoire not much an issue. The US is differenty though because the baby becomes an American.

I just hope it's not gonna be a big issue... just wondering why they would consider it illegal given that the US does not conider it illegal... it's not a criminal offence.. the US tries to discourage it... and it doesn't help if the parents are from parts of Asia, India, South America and Africa... the US immigration officers tend to harass women from these regions.