Reasons for Rejection

ImmiToCanada

Mar 2, 2014
Vancouver
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-03-2016
Hey Interista,

No worries. A lot of people in this forum got rejections in other countries and still got their PR. You just need to be honest. For example, if the reasons of studies visas rejections in France cannot be revealed due to French government policy, you just say it. It's not your fault.

Best luck with your PR application

Interista said:
Hi folks !
I am really stressed and would like to read your feedback if you have already knowlodge about similar cases.
I am Jan AOR and received schedule A request some days ago. I answered "Yes" to The statutory question of visa refusal on the EE Profile and they are asking me to attach a letter to the schedule A and explaining why I have been refused a visa in the past.
The point is I don't know why they refused my studies visas requests. Overall I have submitted 3 studies visas to France and they refused them all but they never notified me the reasons. Their internal procedures prohibit to notify reason of long visa refusal. Only short time visa refusal are notified.
I tried to explain all this points to CIC in my letter, attached some justifications but I still worried if my PR Application could be rejected due to that. I am sure that on the security and criminality levels I am clean, I am just worried if Canadian authorities go to refuse my application because the French authorities did it in the past. Do you know similar cases where people have been asked to explain visa refusals and got their PPR in the end ?
Thank you

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
N0M0re said:
1. they never mentioned to me that they require such stuff.

Not exactly true. You are advised that if you cannot provide any requested documentation, a written explanation is required as to why you cannot provide it, and proof/documentation of your claim. You are also advised that if you do not do this, your application may be refused. d.

2. in 2014 , Federal Court of Canada mentioned in one Case " In Rarama v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2014 FC 60 the Federal Court has held that once evidence of a child’s custody and the requested statutory declaration waving the right to sponsor the child have been provided to an immigration officer, it is unreasonable for that officer to then continue demanding proof of attempts made to have the applicant’s non-accompanying child medically examined or to refuse to grant the applicant’s application on the basis that the applicant had failed to provide such proof. ... http://www.canlii.org/en/ca/fct/doc/2014/2014fc60/2014fc60.html ). "

I have previously suggested that you do have grounds to request a reconsideration. You can also appeal. Based on the case law, you would probably win. However, would you not prefer to avoid going to court? My point was only that you (likely) would have avoided this legal complication if you had provided the documentation.

In that case the guy had no Custody Document , No Divorce Document . He only submitted the Declaration to let go his right to sponsor his child and a simple legal opinion from a lawyer that he can't compel the ex to undergo medical.

In that case, the woman had a legal divorce document from Ontario, and a whole lot more -

"The Applicant had showed good faith and due diligence through ongoing correspondence with CIC including giving CIC notice of her former husband’s lack of cooperation in obtaining the documents and the conduct of the medical examination; the efforts made by her family and others to assist her in this regard; her loss of contact with her husband; and, submitting proof of her divorce and a statutory declaration confirming that her ex-husband had sole custody and waiving her right to sponsor her daughter in the future. Additionally, as seen from the Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System (CAIPS) notes, the Manila office of CIC had confirmed receipt of a letter from the Applicant’s ex-husband stating that he refused to permit their daughter to be examined, that the Applicant had never extended financial support for the child, and, that the Applicant was now in a common law relationship with another person."

Moreover, I have Divorce document and Custody Document stating i only have Visiting right. also have submitted Declaration sent to me by CIC VO.

You are correct that the court decided (in this case) that two things were sufficient - proof that that the child is in legal custody of another person not included in the application, and that you waived your right to sponsor in the future.

So, yes, by all means, request a reconsideration - you can do this by CSE. And you can certainly go through the legal appeal process if you have the time and $$$ to do so. I am not trying to add to your frustration - I am just trying to help others see how they can avoid these problems in the future.

Interista

Star Member
Apr 27, 2016
ImmiToCanada said:
Hey Interista,

No worries. A lot of people in this forum got rejections in other countries and still got their PR. You just need to be honest. For example, if the reasons of studies visas rejections in France cannot be revealed due to French government policy, you just say it. It's not your fault.

Best luck with your PR application
Thank you mate ! That's what I wrote in my LoE including some web links that proof what I have written and an email I have got from the French embassy in which they only suggest me to appeal against the rejection within a French court.
Hope it will be sufficient. I am really scared because my studies projects had been ruined by an inappropriate decision from the French embassy and it looks like it will follow me with my Canadian dream.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Interista said:
Thank you mate ! That's what I wrote in my LoE including some web links that proof what I have written and an email I have got from the French embassy in which they only suggest me to appeal against the rejection within a French court.
Hope it will be sufficient. I am really scared because my studies projects had been ruined by an inappropriate decision from the French embassy and it looks like it will follow me with my Canadian dream.
I am not an expert, but I hope my thoughts will reassure you. A study or visit visa is a temporary visa and is often refused on grounds the country does not believe you have strong enough external ties to make you leave before the visa expires. The position in which you now are now no longer requires proof that you wish to come temporarily. Unless your medical or security/background checks and POF falter, you should not be worried about the past refusal. All the best.

Interista

Star Member
Apr 27, 2016
Pippin said:
I am not an expert, but I hope my thoughts will reassure you. A study or visit visa is a temporary visa and is often refused on grounds the country does not believe you have strong enough external ties to make you leave before the visa expires. The position in which you now are now no longer requires proof that you wish to come temporarily. Unless your medical or security/background checks and POF falter, you should not be worried about the past refusal. All the best.
Absolutely ! Quite logic. Thank you for your support. I really in a better mood now :)
Will keep you posted guys. Thank you again !

ajibass

Dec 28, 2015
Hello Senior Expert,

My POF is accumulated in my Company Staff Cooperative Saving and Investment Society. Can this be submitted to CIC and approve as a POF for me?

Please help me out before I forward it to CIC.

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
ajibass said:
Hello Senior Expert,

My POF is accumulated in my Company Staff Cooperative Saving and Investment Society. Can this be submitted to CIC and approve as a POF for me?

Please help me out before I forward it to CIC.
To make it simple. Can you use this money in case of emergency or when in need without any delay? If yes, then you may use it as POF.

Reactions: Adanac11

MrTee

Nov 18, 2015
brandon.smith said:
Got my Caips/Gcms notes from caipszone.ca . They were simply the best. Highly recommended and the cheapest than any other website.
Please share your timeline.

ajibass

Dec 28, 2015
I have work reference letter from my current employer where I had been working for 12 years. Is it necessary to have work reference letter from my previous employer where I worked for 1Yr 2 Mth prior to moving to my current company? Although I included the company in my work history. My concern is that I have had the experience for more than 10yrs before now.

Please I need help!

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ajibass said:
I have work reference letter from my current employer where I had been working for 12 years. Is it necessary to have work reference letter from my previous employer where I worked for 1Yr 2 Mth prior to moving to my current company? Although I included the company in my work history. My concern is that I have had the experience for more than 10yrs before now.

Please I need help!
You can mention it but older experience letter isnt necessary. CIC only looks for experience up to 3 years for FSW. Beyond that documentation isn't necessary.

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
fkl said:
You can mention it but older experience letter isnt necessary. CIC only looks for experience up to 3 years for FSW. Beyond that documentation isn't necessary.
I think the CRS points maxes out at 6 years experience rather than 3

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
maged_mmh said:
I think the CRS points maxes out at 6 years experience rather than 3
That's not true. CRS max out at 5 years or more FOR CEC (Canadian experience class), where in Canada experience is verified through means other than experience letters primarily T4s, pay stubs etc. and are scored differently i.e. each year carries more weightage.

Here we are talking about out of Canada application and experience, which is FSW and it max out at 3 precisely.

A quick walk through CRS points calculator would show the same.

ajibass

Dec 28, 2015
If I might get you right, I don't need work reference letter for the 2 years experience prior to my current 12 years experience which I have work certificate for already.

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
fkl said:
That's not true. CRS max out at 5 years or more FOR CEC (Canadian experience class), where in Canada experience is verified through means other than experience letters primarily T4s, pay stubs etc. and are scored differently i.e. each year carries more weightage.

Here we are talking about out of Canada application and experience, which is FSW and it max out at 3 precisely.

A quick walk through CRS points calculator would show the same.
Experience
(Maximum 15 points)

You can get points for the number of years you have spent in full-time paid work (at least 30 hours per week, or an equal amount of part-time).
National Occupational Classification (NOC)

The NOC is a system used to classify jobs in the Canadian economy. It describes duties, skills, talents and work settings for different jobs. CIC uses the 2011 edition of the NOC to assess skilled worker applications.
Finding your NOC category

This job code is referred to as your "NOC code" in the Express Entry profile. See Find your NOC to find the NOC information that best matches your jobs.

You will need this information again, so make sure to write it down and keep it with the other papers you need, such as your passport.

If the description and list of main duties match what you did at your last job(s), you can count this experience for points.

Use this chart to find the number of points based on your number of years of experience.
Experience Maximum 15 points
1 year 9
2-3 years 11
4-5 years 13
6 or more years 15