4glory

Feb 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
September 2012
montrealjuly2011 said:
Hi
I got my csq in 2011 and applied for fedral under FSW in july 2011.
I have an MBA in marketing and finance at concordia university.
Specialization in business analysis from mcgill university.

I have been working for 2-1/2 years in Montreal.
Total work experience abt 5 yrs.
On the portal it says
"application has been recieved"
"medical results have been recieved"
This status since dec 2011.

My schooling has been in english throught out and have given SATs and GMAT.
Questions
1. I submitted my application to buffalo, NY.
How do i find out where is my application?? LA, Det, Sea, Ott
2. Do i need to give EILTS?? Which doesnt make sense since all my education has been in English?
I have already given a GMAT.
Anywayss will appreciate your help.
About three weeks ago a colleague on the forum confirmed that Buffalo still issued PPR to someone and he is also still expectant for his own PPR too, so I want to believe that your PPR should come from there too very soon becuase from your timelines you are as good as done with the process since your status now is medical received am sure your PPR mail should come in any day now. You could also send CAIPS request to confirm happennings since it's about 9 months from your last update and idealy your PPR should have been received within 4-5 months after medical received status, I doubt if your background check could be the reason for the delays besides, now you should have about 3 months left to the expiration of your medicals.

You don't need any English certication because you have already gone beyond that.

Here is wishing you the very best.

4glory

Feb 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
September 2012
nn234 said:
hi,
I was reading the form to be filled up for the skilled worker program to Quebec. And there is this question :

Are you the holder of one or several of the following diplomas (check the appropriate boxes: see instructions)
Québec diploma YES NO
Canadian diploma YES NO
Diploma or training recognized as equivalent by a Québec regulatory body (with the exception of a diploma in medicine) YES NO
Foreign diploma covered by a mutual recognition agreement (ARM) YES NO
Do you hold an authorization to practice issued by a Québec body that regulates a trade or profession? YES NO

Now I have a Bachelors degree - 3 years from India and a Masters degree from UK but I have not got it specially recognized by any Quebec Regulatory Body ... do we have to do that?? Is it compulsory?? I have also not got comparative evaluation. Is it also compulsory?? Which option should I tick mark as yes from the above??

Thanks
You will have to choose the option that best correspond to your degree which I believe should be an equivalent to that obtained in Quebec. I will advise that you should try to get you credentials evaluated as soon as possible (see the link below) because with the new rule for FSW it is now compulsory to have credentials evaluated before submitting an application. I am currently working on getting my credentials evaluated now.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/education/comparative-evaluation/index.html

I hope this helps.

4glory

Feb 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
September 2012
sango said:
One quick question. After having CSQ, do you need a bank statement when applying for Federal?
I used a consultant for my application processing, I was told that I didn't need a bank statement for the CSQ interview and even for the Federal part. Up till this point I never presented any proof of fund which is quite contrary to the idea I had before filing my application. I don't think anything has changed in the rules regarding QSW.

kawakaze

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
Visa Office......
CIO NS
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
25-02-2016
Med's Request
04-2017
Med's Done....
11-05-2017
Passport Req..
06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2017
LANDED..........
21-12-2017
Bonjour a tous!

Please help me, If I have a Masters in Business specializing in Banking & Finance, and a Bachelors in Economics specializing in Accounting, so what is my:

1) AOT name?
2) AOT code?

merci.

nn234

Jun 22, 2012
4glory said:
You will have to choose the option that best correspond to your degree which I believe should be an equivalent to that obtained in Quebec. I will advise that you should try to get you credentials evaluated as soon as possible (see the link below) because with the new rule for FSW it is now compulsory to have credentials evaluated before submitting an application. I am currently working on getting my credentials evaluated now.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/education/comparative-evaluation/index.html

I hope this helps.
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. But is it COMPULSORY to get this evaluation for Quebec?? The neew rules in FSW will come into effect in 2013. I am planning to submit my application before 2013 and Quebec system is different, right? Also I am planning to get my Area of Training as Business Management (DCS 3 years) which gets 12 points if foreign degree and 16 if Quebeec degree. My degree is from India. But if I get this comparative evaluation that can I get 16 points for my degree??

Thanks

AMR2011

Aug 20, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Dec-2011, Federal App Rec. in NS: 29-June-2015(Sent:18/6)
Doc's Request.
CSQ: 04-03-2015
Nomination.....
CSQ: 29-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2012; Federal AOR: 7-August 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
Med's Request
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
"Medical Received": 26-02-2016; PPR: 29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 29-02-2016; Visa Issued: 3/3/2016
LANDED..........
4-Oct-2016; PR Card received: 15th Dec 2016!!!!!
4glory said:
I used a consultant for my application processing, I was told that I didn't need a bank statement for the CSQ interview and even for the Federal part. Up till this point I never presented any proof of fund which is quite contrary to the idea I had before filing my application. I don't think anything has changed in the rules regarding QSW.
4glory can you share your interview experience?

Thanks
AMR2011

4glory

Feb 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
September 2012
nn234 said:
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. But is it COMPULSORY to get this evaluation for Quebec?? The neew rules in FSW will come into effect in 2013. I am planning to submit my application before 2013 and Quebec system is different, right? Also I am planning to get my Area of Training as Business Management (DCS 3 years) which gets 12 points if foreign degree and 16 if Quebeec degree. My degree is from India. But if I get this comparative evaluation that can I get 16 points for my degree??

Thanks
For now it isn't complusory for QSW but can't say for how long that will remain, for me, I just want to have it in hand in case there is a need for it as regards employment upon my landing in Quebec. I have no idea if the evaluation can add to ones points.

4glory

Feb 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
September 2012
AMR2011 said:
4glory can you share your interview experience?

Thanks
AMR2011
Well, it has been quite a while, the interview was pretty cool and straight forward, it was in both French and English, the officer asked questions in both languages at intervals just to have a feel of our French competence, he took turns to interview my wife and I, checked all the notarized documents earlier sent and asked a little about our current jobs, and asked what we will do if we don't get jobs in our current field of practice and we responded that we will take other job like teaching or the likes that we will at least settle for things we can lay hands on. When asked, I showed him some proof of effort made in trying to get a job, which was a print out of an employment site I registered with online.

At the end he said our French was poor and advised that we should continue learning French which we are still learning now that we have made more progress, he then calculated our point and said congratulations that we made it on merit and see you in Quebec.

My advise is just do your best to prepare for French as much as possible with the current emphassis placed on French and don't panic during the interview, we were mixing up things that we knew well during the interview just because we were tensed. The truth is that they want people to come over to Quebec and want to be sure that one is really committed to trying to survive when one gets there.

I hope this helps.

AMR2011

Aug 20, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Dec-2011, Federal App Rec. in NS: 29-June-2015(Sent:18/6)
Doc's Request.
CSQ: 04-03-2015
Nomination.....
CSQ: 29-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2012; Federal AOR: 7-August 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
Med's Request
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
"Medical Received": 26-02-2016; PPR: 29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 29-02-2016; Visa Issued: 3/3/2016
LANDED..........
4-Oct-2016; PR Card received: 15th Dec 2016!!!!!
4glory said:
Well, it has been quite a while, the interview was pretty cool and straight forward, it was in both French and English, the officer asked questions in both languages at intervals just to have a feel of our French competence, he took turns to interview my wife and I, checked all the notarized documents earlier sent and asked a little about our current jobs, and asked what we will do if we don't get jobs in our current field of practice and we responded that we will take other job like teaching or the likes that we will at least settle for things we can lay hands on. When asked, I showed him some proof of effort made in trying to get a job, which was a print out of an employment site I registered with online.

At the end he said our French was poor and advised that we should continue learning French which we are still learning now that we have made more progress, he then calculated our point and said congratulations that we made it on merit and see you in Quebec.

My advise is just do your best to prepare for French as much as possible with the current emphassis placed on French and don't panic during the interview, we were mixing up things that we knew well during the interview just because we were tensed. The truth is that they want people to come over to Quebec and want to be sure that one is really committed to trying to survive when one gets there.

I hope this helps.
Thanks for your view. It really helps.

Thanks & Regards,
AMR2011

nn234

Jun 22, 2012
4glory said:
For now it isn't complusory for QSW but can't say for how long that will remain, for me, I just want to have it in hand in case there is a need for it as regards employment upon my landing in Quebec. I have no idea if the evaluation can add to ones points.

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
TEF: C1/ B2 IELTS: Band 8
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
nn234 said:
Hi,

Thanks
I also have a Business Managment degree at the DCS level from Califonia, USA. Does my degree need to be evaluated or this is only for regulated & government jobs?

nn234

Jun 22, 2012
Master7 said:
I also have a Business Managment degree at the DCS level from Califonia, USA. Does my degree need to be evaluated or this is only for regulated & government jobs?
Hi man, same question as mine :)... I just wanted to confirm that DCS level means a three years bachelors degree, right???

xyiday

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
nn234 said:
Hi man, same question as mine :)... I just wanted to confirm that DCS level means a three years bachelors degree, right???

bacc+4 is bachelor

kuro_shio

Star Member
Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MCVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2012
Nomination.....
CSQ 04-12-2014
AOR Received.
BIQ 22-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-04-2015
Med's Request
05-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-08-2015
Passport Req..
12-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2015
Hi fellas,

I've received my IELTS results, does anyone how can I update my dossier? I got the AOR 2 weeks ago.

Do I just have to submit the "Change to an application for a selection certificate" form along with that to the BIQ? or is it necessary to fill up the "Documents submitted in support of the Application for Selection Certificate (A-1520-AA)" form again as well?

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kuro_shio said:
Hi fellas,

I've received my IELTS results, does anyone how can I update my dossier? I got the AOR 2 weeks ago.

Do I just have to submit the "Change to an application for a selection certificate" form along with that to the BIQ? or is it necessary to fill up the "Documents submitted in support of the Application for Selection Certificate (A-1520-AA)" form again as well?
My Dear Friend,

To request a change to your application for a selection certificate or that of your spouse, complete the Change to an application for a selection certificate (Dynamic PDF, 82 Kb) form and return it to us along with the necessary documents within 30 days after the change.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/dcs/A-0520-MA-dyn.pdf
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/immigration-application/index.html

I hope that helps.