+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Our Singapore timeline Vietnamese wife

M

mikeymyke

sjgolfer014 said:
Hi Mr Mikeymyke

i am Thailand applicant , i receive letter for interview on 28 july along with return passport from singapore visa office
i am 9 October 2014 applicant , my file transfer to singapore visa on 9 january 2015 , they send me Passport request on
8 jun 2015 , i send them passport on 26 june 2015 and they return my passport on 28 july along with interview letter
i already order GCMS note , but i want to know when do i expect Interview call it been nearly four month and waiting time
for the interview is 24 month , does it really take 24 month just for the interview ,
me and my wife has together one baby daughter who is now 19 month old , i was granted TRV and i visited my wife one and
when u submit my pass port to singapore they cancel my TRV and put me on interview what to do now any advise would be help full
It's hard to say when you will get interview date, each person is different. It's not really a 24 month wait, it's more like 12-15 months based on other people's experiences. You have an interview because they have concerns about your relationship, whether it's a large age difference, short time dating before marriage, etc.

I don't know if they can just simply cancel your TRV due to an interview, a TRV should still be usable until it's expiry. Since you got a TRV before, it shouldn't be hard to get one again.

sjgolfer014

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2016 Passport received back on 17/11/2016 visa expiry date 14/10/2017
LANDED..........
29 dec 2016
mikeymyke said:
It's hard to say when you will get interview date, each person is different. It's not really a 24 month wait, it's more like 12-15 months based on other people's experiences. You have an interview because they have concerns about your relationship, whether it's a large age difference, short time dating before marriage, etc.

I don't know if they can just simply cancel your TRV due to an interview, a TRV should still be usable until it's expiry. Since you got a TRV before, it shouldn't be hard to get one again.
thanks , when i send my passport to singapore during that time we have arguments my wife send email to with draw sponsoship application
but she realize that that was just misunderstanding and she wrote then one more email that sorry it was just miss understanding , she wants
to continue wit sponsorship , but till then they have call me and said to me that they want to conduct my interview , we have baby daughter
together , and we have already did DNA immigration test for child parent relation ship , i am doing child support every month , what do i expect
from them , after new year my family is coming , what should i do now ? allot of stress now days ,

M

mikeymyke

Really sorry about what's happening with you. You're not alone. I know a few Vietnamese applicants who had their sponsorship withdrawn due to arguments or misunderstandings. One couple I know, are extremely compatible, both young and no red flags. However, the sponsor withdrew the application after an argument, and after re-applying, they got an interview request. The sponsor is currently quitting his job and living with his wife in Vietnam until the interview.

Not blaming you or your wife, but doing something as serious as withdrawing an application without thinking it through carefully enough, can cause a lot of stress for both parties.

sjgolfer014

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
29 dec 2016
mikeymyke said:
Really sorry about what's happening with you. You're not alone. I know a few Vietnamese applicants who had their sponsorship withdrawn due to arguments or misunderstandings. One couple I know, are extremely compatible, both young and no red flags. However, the sponsor withdrew the application after an argument, and after re-applying, they got an interview request. The sponsor is currently quitting his job and living with his wife in Vietnam until the interview.

Not blaming you or your wife, but doing something as serious as withdrawing an application without thinking it through carefully enough, can cause a lot of stress for both parties.
Dear MikeyMyke

Thanks for the reply, what is your advise , what should we do now , its already four month since i receive interview letter , i am collecting evidence
of on going relation ship , i have also send some photo from skype and some email communication evidence and some chat ,to CIC Singapore , and i m still collection , we have baby daughter together , CIC ask us to DO DNA and we did and and after that my file was Decision made and now it reverse to APPLICATION RECEIVE but two month ago it went back to IN PROCESS , my wife wrote them Email that it was just miss understanding
we really need my husband here with us , but its very tough , also she send them letter but there reply is that i am on interview they will inform us once the interview is schedule , so now my wife and daughter are visiting me after new year for some days ,
what is your advise do i send some more evidence to CIC , once my family return to Canada after there visit does it help ? appreciate your reply

M

mikeymyke

Once you get an interview request, unfortunately there's no way to prevent it, you will have to just wait for the interview date to come.

Either you can visit your spouse in his home country during the wait, or you get him to apply for a visitor visa to see you. Definitely continue to gather more relationship evidence during this time to present during your interview.

samdiem

Apr 16, 2015
Hi everyone:

Just to update:

My wife received the interview waiting list April/04/2015 then we apply for visitor visa Oct/04/2015 for 6 weeks request I purchased round ticket for her leaving HCM Nov/23/2015 return from Canada Jan/10/2016, we received the interview date Oct/29 dated interview Nov/19, we received visitor visa with one year multiple entry Nov/17, than she went to interview my wife English is pretty she spoke English to VO interview end up with laugh and jock between VO and my wife and VO told my wife, go to Canada with your visitor visa enjoy the holiday with you husband and I will send you the RE MID example and after that I will ask for your passport.

Not all VO are tough, I think it depends on your case and you show VO your confident and you are not lying.
I am 47 year old and my wife is 25 year old so 22 years gap I have a 3 years old daughter from my ex girlfriend, I have never been married my wife never been married, we met on line 2 years ago and got married 1 year ago, I am not Vietnamese, we applied for sponsorship Oct/30/2014 and here we are, my wife got visitor visa and passed interview.

If you go to interview Just be honest and don't be nervous look into VO eyes and talk with smile.

good luck.

Reactions: karamba

Tonguedang

Aug 18, 2015
Tonguedang said:
Hi Guys,

I'm new on this site. A friend, who went through the sponsorship process, told me about the site awhile back but I totally forgot about it until now. I've been reading some of the older post on here.

This is my timeline thus far
-met my wife in Jan 2013
-starting chatting online with her when I returned to Canada
-proposed in Oct 2013
-went to Vietnam to marry her in Mar 2014
-sent in my paperwork in Nov 2014
-Singapore received our paperwork in Feb 2015

I just got an email asking my wife in Vietnam to
-"undergo a medical examination"
-complete form IMM 5669 Schedule A
-register for a Judicial Certificate, Version 2
-a photocopy of my passport
-church marriage certificate

Here are my questions
-I read about the office in Singapore asking for passport a lot on here but I'm not sure if it's the Cdn or the Vietnamese passport. Is it normal for them to ask for a photocopy of my passport? Do I have to get it notarized? The email wasn't clear on that.
-Has anyone else been asked about their church marriage certificate? She's religious but I am not. We weren't even sure if we were going to do the church marriage.

As I'm reading all your posts, I'm thinking the Singapore office asking us to do all this is a good sign but I don't want to get my hopes up.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
Hi guys,

I could really use your help. Since the above quote, the Singapore office returned a number of photos and forms that they didn't need. There was no interview letter in the package. I've just recently check my status on line, and it says that the decision has been made concerning our case. I'm not sure when the decision was made because I don't check it regularly.

Here are my questions:

- why haven't they ask my wife for her passport?
- does the DM online mean we're almost done?
-

M

mikeymyke

Tonguedang said:
Hi guys,

I could really use your help. Since the above quote, the Singapore office returned a number of photos and forms that they didn't need. There was no interview letter in the package. I've just recently check my status on line, and it says that the decision has been made concerning our case. I'm not sure when the decision was made because I don't check it regularly.

Here are my questions:

- why haven't they ask my wife for her passport?
- does the DM online mean we're almost done?
-
I replied to your first post but got no response from you

Its very unusual for them to ask for the sponsor's passport. Are you sure they weren't asking for your wife's passport instead? A "DM" before passport request might not be good news in your case because it seems like they asked for ur wife's passport, but u sent them yours instead, and the deadline passed for ur wife's passport to be submitted so they might have decided to refuse the application

You might want to check the list of docs required again, you can even copy/paste it here for us to see

Tonguedang

Aug 18, 2015
Hey,

They definitely wanted my passport because they asked for it by number.

Do you know of an email address where I can contact them at?

M

mikeymyke

Tonguedang said:
Hey,

They definitely wanted my passport because they asked for it by number.

Do you know of an email address where I can contact them at?
Singapore-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

or

SPOREIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

One thing you can also do is order GCMS notes to see what's going on in your file. Please keep us up-to-date on your situation

sjgolfer014

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
29 dec 2016
mikeymyke said:
Singapore-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

or

SPOREIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

One thing you can also do is order GCMS notes to see what's going on in your file. Please keep us up-to-date on your situation
Hi Mikeymyke i am waiting for my interview , i applied for TRV but its refuse , i am planing move my family here in thailand
my spouse , my daughter as cant wait just immigration ,, this thing can keep us live away from each other , what is your opinion
does this will affect my case i want my family to move to bangkok and live with me . life is not that easy even in canada , i am doing
good here i know its good for my kid to raise in canada but this crazy immigration process is very slow ,

appreciate your opinion

M

mikeymyke

sjgolfer014 said:
Hi Mikeymyke i am waiting for my interview , i applied for TRV but its refuse , i am planing move my family here in thailand
my spouse , my daughter as cant wait just immigration ,, this thing can keep us live away from each other , what is your opinion
does this will affect my case i want my family to move to bangkok and live with me . life is not that easy even in canada , i am doing
good here i know its good for my kid to raise in canada but this crazy immigration process is very slow ,

appreciate your opinion
It won't affect your case if you do this, except if your wife is a PR instead of a Canadian citizen. If she's a PR, she's required to remain in Canada during the entire process, otherwise your app will be refused.

sjgolfer014

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
29 dec 2016
mikeymyke said:
It won't affect your case if you do this, except if your wife is a PR instead of a Canadian citizen. If she's a PR, she's required to remain in Canada during the entire process, otherwise your app will be refused.
She is Canadian citizen , this is we want show them that our marriage is genion and we have baby daughter together to

thanks

M

mikeymyke

sjgolfer014 said:
She is Canadian citizen , this is we want show them that our marriage is genion and we have baby daughter together to

thanks
What ur doing is good idea, make sure u show lots of proof that ur family is staying with you so that u can show this to the interviewer

htquach

Feb 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 4, 2016
AOR Received.
March 11, 2016; AOR2: April 1, 2016
File Transfer...
March 22, 2016
Med's Done....
January 10, 2016
Interview........
Queued: August 25, 2016 - Interview: October 18, 2016
Passport Req..
November 22, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
Touchdown... YEG!!! December 26, 2016
CIC received application on February 4, 2016. Thanks to all the prior comments in this string. You have all been very helpful. Now the wait.