+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Our Singapore timeline Vietnamese wife

smizmar

Jun 26, 2014
Hello guys. Its been 4 months after my wife did her re-medical and still no passport request. tried emailing singapore but they never respond. does anyone know wat to do?? should i hire a lawyer at this point?

this is the last stage and its worrisome that it not coming. my wife tells me on the vietnamese website they also have something similar to canadavisa.com and they got their passport request within 1-2 months

mle.87

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 23rd 2015
AOR Received.
July 23rd 2015
File Transfer...
August 27th 2015 - AOR 2
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 30th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
October 18th 2015
LANDED..........
November 12th 2015
what vietnamese website is she referring to? can you post a link, i'd like to see as well. thanks!

FishnChips

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2, 2014
AOR Received.
Sept 2, 2014
File Transfer...
Sept 2, 2014
Med's Done....
March 10, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 24, 2014; submitted Dec 2, 2014; DM Dec 9, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2014
smizmar said:
Hello guys. Its been 4 months after my wife did her re-medical and still no passport request. tried emailing singapore but they never respond. does anyone know wat to do?? should i hire a lawyer at this point?

this is the last stage and its worrisome that it not coming. my wife tells me on the vietnamese website they also have something similar to canadavisa.com and they got their passport request within 1-2 months
I don't think a Lawyer can do much to help you now... I would re-order GMCS notes again to see if there is something new regarding your case that is causing issues or contact your member of parliament for help about your case.

I see that you said before that your wife never received her interview letters... can that be causing issues again, they sending passport request letters but your wife not receiving it?

smizmar

Jun 26, 2014
FishnChips said:
I don't think a Lawyer can do much to help you now... I would re-order GMCS notes again to see if there is something new regarding your case that is causing issues or contact your member of parliament for help about your case.

I see that you said before that your wife never received her interview letters... can that be causing issues again, they sending passport request letters but your wife not receiving it?
how does one contact a member of parliament??

i don't think that is the problem for the mailing address. because we have requested for email requests only so that she will receive and i did have gcms notes requested when it came in 2 months ago they have mixed in another persons interview notes within mine and fixed it in 1 day. so i don't know what the problem is. there seems to be no problems at all.

when i say they mixed another person interview notes i mean it gave out the file number UCI name address birthdate and everything of the other persons interview notes. that is illegal. do you know how i can use that to my advantage?

FishnChips

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2, 2014
AOR Received.
Sept 2, 2014
File Transfer...
Sept 2, 2014
Med's Done....
March 10, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2014
smizmar said:
how does one contact a member of parliament??

i don't think that is the problem for the mailing address. because we have requested for email requests only so that she will receive and i did have gcms notes requested when it came in 2 months ago they have mixed in another persons interview notes within mine and fixed it in 1 day. so i don't know what the problem is. there seems to be no problems at all.

when i say they mixed another person interview notes i mean it gave out the file number UCI name address birthdate and everything of the other persons interview notes. that is illegal. do you know how i can use that to my advantage?
Lookup who the MP is for your area, then give their office a call or go down to their office and talk to them about your case. Your MP can get information about your case that you normally wouldn't be able to get.

smizmar

Jun 26, 2014
mle.87 said:
what vietnamese website is she referring to? can you post a link, i'd like to see as well. thanks!
http://vietphd.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?97-Work-permit-VISA-amp-Immigration&s=64b100c715cf550f2232d283b6f0e04a

OKay guys, thx for your help fishnchips but my wife seek help on her vietnamese forum and it totally worked within 1 day. The person from that website gave us advice since the email singapore is not replying. I just had to reply to the interview email that they sent me a few months back saying how its after 4 months and no new news. and within 1 day they have sent me the PPR. thank you all so much

sometimes they fuck up and you never know what to do.

Nimitz

Aug 10, 2015
FishnChips said:
Sorry to burst your bubble, the chances of you getting your wife a visitor visa during the sponsorship process is very slim, though not impossible. I think her being pregnant makes it even harder... did she do her full medical checkup before she was pregnant, if not than she won't be able to complete the full medical checkup till after the baby is born because they have to do a full body xray.

Yes, the fast marriage and difference in age are red flags, but the fact she is pregnant with your baby should negate that. Hopefully you and your lawyer did a very good job in your application to alleviate the red flags and any doubts they may have about your marriage.

fyi. me and my wife have a 14 years age difference also and our application still got completed in 6 months time period
My lawyer had me do the medical before she was pregnant with the original application package. I hope they will not ask for a second medical, I sent the lawyer the letter from he doctor saying she was pregnant and he is forwarding that to Mississauga.

smizmar

Jun 26, 2014
Nimitz said:
My lawyer had me do the medical before she was pregnant with the original application package. I hope they will not ask for a second medical, I sent the lawyer the letter from he doctor saying she was pregnant and he is forwarding that to Mississauga.

The remedial is only for those that expire within a year. I want to thank fisnchips for helping me. But I found a solution that worked. Thanks everyone she just sent in her passport

FishnChips

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2, 2014
AOR Received.
Sept 2, 2014
File Transfer...
Sept 2, 2014
Med's Done....
March 10, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2014
smizmar said:
The remedial is only for those that expire within a year. I want to thank fisnchips for helping me. But I found a solution that worked. Thanks everyone she just sent in her passport
Congrats, your just about done.

FishnChips

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2, 2014
AOR Received.
Sept 2, 2014
File Transfer...
Sept 2, 2014
Med's Done....
March 10, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2014
Nimitz said:
Even if your wife has already done her medical, I still think her chances of getting into Canada on a visitor visa are almost impossible... if CIC knows she is pregnant they won't let her into the Canada because they are afraid she won't leave after giving birth to the baby.

I also think that even if she was miraculously given a visitor visa to Canada, you and the wife would have to pay the full birthing bill since she's not a permanent residence yet.

Nimitz

Aug 10, 2015
Checking the CIC website it get the following.

Permanent Residence

1) We received your application for permanent residence on July 23, 2015

But I don't see any information on a transfer yet. I see a lot of people have File Transfer on the same day. Should I be worried?

mle.87

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 23rd 2015
AOR Received.
July 23rd 2015
File Transfer...
August 27th 2015 - AOR 2
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 30th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
October 18th 2015
LANDED..........
November 12th 2015
No, processing time is approx 61 days right now. No way you will have your file transferred to Singapore same day...

samdiem

Apr 16, 2015
Hi guys

we received the interview date on Oct/22 and interview is on Nov/19. anyone knows what kind of question they will ask?
My lawyer is not helping anything.

please help.

mle.87

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 23rd 2015
AOR Received.
July 23rd 2015
File Transfer...
August 27th 2015 - AOR 2
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 30th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
October 18th 2015
LANDED..........
November 12th 2015
samdiem said:
Hi guys

we received the interview date on Oct/22 and interview is on Nov/19. anyone knows what kind of question they will ask?
My lawyer is not helping anything.

please help.
Please see the "Interview Questions" tab in the following google doc:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FAYZyQgud1lzp7fM28i2O8ZrfbMAxdTc_t7_fiwI6ak/edit#gid=1574775393