AOR Received.
May 4, 2016
File Transfer...
May 12, 2016
Med's Done....
February 19,2016
dmac said:
Welcome! :D
I'd like to see that article, by the way. Do you have a link?
They've increased spouse sponsorship admission target 29.17% from last year.

http://www.canadavisa.com/news/canada-aims-to-welcome-up-to-305-000-new-permanent-residents-in-2016-across-all-immigration-categories.html

dmac

Mar 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-01-2016
AOR Received.
3-03-2016
File Transfer...
8-03-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
No, thank goodness.
Passport Req..
28-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2016
LANDED..........
09-28-2016
mikeymyke said:
Dont' worry so much about the processing times guys. Back when I applied for my wife in 2014, a typical Vietnamese applicant would need about 1 year just to get to IN PROCESS for a non-complicated case, but my wife, along with numerous others at that time, were able to get our wives their PR in just 6 months average.

Then a year later, I was shocked to find that a few more applicants were able to get their Vietnamese spouses PR card in just THREE months for a non complicated case. You read that right, 3 months. If you guys scroll through the older posts of this forum, you should find a few of these people.

Also, I have a few people who were issued 24 month waiting period interview letters, but in reality, they only had to wait about a year on average, and one guy who just spoke with me last week, only had to wait 6 months for the interview.

And lastly, I know Vietnam has a bit of a bad rep for being difficult to get a visitor visa to Canada, especially if the Vietnamese spouse is married and sent in a PR app already, but my wife was successful in getting one (see signature and timeline). Don't be discouraged to apply for one if you feel you need to.

Keep your heads up and don't worry so much.
That's actually quite comforting. I hope ours is a 'noncomplicated' case...! ::)

Co len, everyone!

dmac

Mar 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-01-2016
AOR Received.
3-03-2016
File Transfer...
8-03-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
No, thank goodness.
Passport Req..
28-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2016
LANDED..........
09-28-2016
mikeymyke said:
What's your relationship background look like?
We met in China in 2011, and have lived here (in China) together since then. We got engaged in early 2013 and married last summer (2015, in VN -- traditional VN whole-day ceremony deal, family and friends present; first marriage for both of us). I've been down to VN a fair number of times with her and we've travelled around China a fair bit.

There are a couple of things I think are 'complicated' about our case:
1. Applying from a 'third' country.
2. My wife was rejected twice for a short term study visa in CAN in 2013.

Are these things that can delay an application considerably?

Reactions: karamba

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
dmac said:
We met in China in 2011, and have lived here (in China) together since then. We got engaged in early 2013 and married last summer (2015, in VN -- traditional VN whole-day ceremony deal, family and friends present; first marriage for both of us). I've been down to VN a fair number of times with her and we've travelled around China a fair bit.

Neither of those things will affect your application. And you've been in relationship for 5 years, I think you're fine. My case is a bit more complicated than that.

sjgolfer014

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2016 Passport received back on 17/11/2016 visa expiry date 14/10/2017
LANDED..........
29 dec 2016
mikeymyke said:
What's your relationship background look like?

hi mikeymyke

i am waiting for my interview , for last 8 month i am 2014 october applicant , my family (my wife and daughter just visit me
here in bangkok for there march break (one week) we have took many photo and visit many places in thailand , do you recommend
i should send these photo and ticket of my wife and daughter and boarding pass to CIC singapore .

please advise

buonqua

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16,2016
AOR Received.
May 4, 2016
File Transfer...
May 12, 2016
Med's Done....
February 19,2016
now CIC showing 24 months + 39 days assessment for spousal sponsorship from Vietnam.

Don't think I can spend 2 years not being with my wife and baby daughter continuously. Might have to apply for visitor visa or quit my business in Canada while waiting for her approval.

If I do go live with my wife do I need to notify Singapore VO of my intentions to live in Canada?

M

mikeymyke

dmac said:

I wouldn't say the third world country thing is a red flag, however the double study visa rejection might be, as it could show she has a strong desire to come to Canada. However, as long as the rest of your relationship profile is sound, I wouldn't worry about it.

sjgolfer014 said:
hi mikeymyke

i am waiting for my interview , for last 8 month i am 2014 october applicant , my family (my wife and daughter just visit me
here in bangkok for there march break (one week) we have took many photo and visit many places in thailand , do you recommend
i should send these photo and ticket of my wife and daughter and boarding pass to CIC singapore .

please advise
You can send it to Singapore, but also just keep all these proofs for when the interview arrives. It's very important for the interview as it will show you guys are having continued contact and relationship

buonqua said:
now CIC showing 24 months + 39 days assessment for spousal sponsorship from Vietnam.

Don't think I can spend 2 years not being with my wife and baby daughter continuously. Might have to apply for visitor visa or quit my business in Canada while waiting for her approval.

If I do go live with my wife do I need to notify Singapore VO of my intentions to live in Canada?
If you're applying outland, and have a straightforward case, it won't be anywhere near 24 months. Look at my timeline.

tony000

Jul 29, 2015
Guys I had Interview on 09 March 2016 . After interview , almost 2 months are gone but decision is not made yet .. I sent Inquiry and got reply that File is in Routine background checks, what does this means ? What they were doing Before interview , if they start background checks now, Is that Means that I have pass Interview ?

M

mikeymyke

tony000 said:
Guys I had Interview on 09 March 2016 . After interview , almost 2 months are gone but decision is not made yet .. I sent Inquiry and got reply that File is in Routine background checks, what does this means ? What they were doing Before interview , if they start background checks now, Is that Means that I have pass Interview ?
It doesn't really mean anything. Just routine stuff. Only way to know you passed interview is when you get the visa, because even a DM could still be a refusal.

tony000

Jul 29, 2015
mikeymyke said:
It doesn't really mean anything. Just routine stuff. Only way to know you passed interview is when you get the visa, because even a DM could still be a refusal.
Dear I've heard the A part of Background check is done Before Interview like ( Checking Documents Authentication etc.. ) and A part of background check is only done when you clear Eligibility or pass the interview and that is know as security checks.

In jan 2016 I ordered notes .. I mean Before interview . I found that

Eligibility : In Process

Securty : it was blank

Criminality : Passed

Medical : Passed .

that mean they did my first part of Background check before interview and they conducted interview, get satisfied with Relationship and move forward my Application to Security Checks . ( Just Thought )

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
tony000 said:
Dear I've heard the A part of Background check is done Before Interview like ( Checking Documents Authentication etc.. ) and A part of background check is only done when you clear Eligibility or pass the interview and that is know as security checks.

In jan 2016 I ordered notes .. I mean Before interview . I found that

Eligibility : In Process

Securty : it was blank

Criminality : Passed

Medical : Passed .

that mean they did my first part of Background check before interview and they conducted interview, get satisfied with Relationship and move forward my Application to Security Checks . ( Just Thought )
Security will never say "Passed"

tony000

Jul 29, 2015
ImABule said:
Security will never say "Passed"
yeah but what are they doing now ? Criminality , medical said passed before interview now what are they doing in background checks ? i think security checks. I heard that security checks are always done when VO does not have any objection and VO is ready to give VISA

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
tony000 said:
yeah but what are they doing now ? Criminality , medical said passed before interview now what are they doing in background checks ? i think security checks. I heard that security checks are always done when VO does not have any objection and VO is ready to give VISA
Yes, they are likely doing the security checks. However, in your GCMS even if completed your security will never say passed.

Vancity83

Nov 14, 2016
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum :)

I married my wife this year on January 28th 2016, had our honeymoon the next day in Singapore. Spent rest of New Year with her till past Valentines Day

Submitted my application on April 2016

Went back and took her on vacation to Thailand and Malaysia in August 2016, had pics but I held onto it for just incase.

Received a call in October 26th 2016 to pay for her Landing Fee $490(Visa) because she didn't need interview, I also mailed the receipt and paperwork to Ontario by express(They Received it by Signature)

She received our proof package from Singapore in October 30th 2016.

Now waiting to get the Visa part done

My question now is how long does it usually take for the Visa part to finally get stamped into her passport?

Thank you