+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ON PNP-reference letter needed for verification-after PPR?

traxton

Star Member
Apr 24, 2013
I think CIC wouldn't reject your PR if you don't meet the requirements they set with the new ask for additional documents. I'm sure CIC is well-aware that most ON-PNP Masters grad without job offer would not accumulate 2 years of relevant work experience when applying for PR. I guess they just want to keep records of every single PR applicant and have everyone provide the same information regardless of which stream they are applying under.

LibraNova

Jul 11, 2014
traxton said:
I think CIC wouldn't reject your PR if you don't meet the requirements they set with the new ask for additional documents. I'm sure CIC is well-aware that most ON-PNP Masters grad without job offer would not accumulate 2 years of relevant work experience when applying for PR. I guess they just want to keep records of every single PR applicant and have everyone provide the same information regardless of which stream they are applying under.
That is a valid point and I believe CIC has the right to know the present status of the candidates. If you don't mind did you apply through Master ON PNP ?

traxton

Star Member
Apr 24, 2013
LibraNova said:
That is a valid point and I believe CIC has the right to know the present status of the candidates. If you don't mind did you apply through Master ON PNP ?
Yep, I'm an Apr 2014 applicant applying via Master ON PNP. But I'm currently stuck in a "sent medical exam results two months ago but ECAS still no updates on medical received" limbo.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/still-no-medical-received-on-ecas-medical-done-2-months-ago-t230819.0.html

jxzjason

Aug 30, 2013
traxton said:
Hello traxton, I am wondering if you would mind mentioning your working status? Although I got my PPR at Apr.,I planned to get married in May so that I just submitted the further documents for marriage. But unluckily, I already received the similar email from CIC in July, requesting job information. Honestly, I am a bit nervous because of my current low-skill occupation. I am not sure if my job status would help me or not. Thanks.

shareview

Jun 6, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
31-03-2017
Nomination.....
Not Required
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
IELTS Request
Not Required
File Transfer...
30-05-2017
Med's Request
26-04-2017
Med's Done....
11-05-2017
Interview........
Waived off as per gcms notes
Passport Req..
04-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-09-2017
LANDED..........
27-09-2017

LibraNova

Jul 11, 2014
traxton said:
Yep, I'm an Apr 2014 applicant applying via Master ON PNP. But I'm currently stuck in a "sent medical exam results two months ago but ECAS still no updates on medical received" limbo.

As far as I know, medicals are done through an electronic system now. Please contact your doctor(s) and confirm when the meds were sent. They might be able to give you a confirmation note for your records.

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
I just read this topic canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/kindly-help-sinp-refused-from-lvo-based-on-ielts-results-t232196.0.html

This applicant was approved by SINP and met the minimum language from SINP. However, he was rejected by CIC. It seems that CIC can reject a PR application if they think that the applicant doesn't have ability to settle down in the province.

I am thinking about our cases and worried if they can do the same thing to us. CIC can use the same reason and reject our applications, especially for those who do not have both permanent job offer and two year of work experiences.

moonbow2010

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
07-05-2014
Med's Request
07-05-2014
Med's Done....
24-06-2014
karenv said:
I just read this topic canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/kindly-help-sinp-refused-from-lvo-based-on-ielts-results-t232196.0.html

This applicant was approved by SINP and met the minimum language from SINP. However, he was rejected by CIC. It seems that CIC can reject a PR application if they think that the applicant doesn't have ability to settle down in the province.

I am thinking about our cases and worried if they can do the same thing to us. CIC can use the same reason and reject our applications, especially for those who do not have both permanent job offer and two year of work experiences.
It is likely.

traxton

Star Member
Apr 24, 2013
jxzjason said:
Hello traxton, I am wondering if you would mind mentioning your working status? Although I got my PPR at Apr.,I planned to get married in May so that I just submitted the further documents for marriage. But unluckily, I already received the similar email from CIC in July, requesting job information. Honestly, I am a bit nervous because of my current low-skill occupation. I am not sure if my job status would help me or not. Thanks.
Just submit what you have and be upfront about your current status. I really doubt CIC will be so uptight about such issues when you already got PPR.

LibraNova said:
As far as I know, medicals are done through an electronic system now. Please contact your doctor(s) and confirm when the meds were sent. They might be able to give you a confirmation note for your records.

Yup contacted the doctors and confirmed the medicals were already sent. No updates on my ECAS, no reply to my email to CIC (sent two weeks ago).

DMALIK

Jun 27, 2014
max_ka said:
I have the same issue as you and go the same email asking for the same docs but my ecas still says in process. I send an email to cic they said provide us with whatever documents you can from the list and if you cannot provide us an explaination.\Fingers crossed.

on top i heard if you do not get the passport request presumably within a month after decision made, it could turn out to be negative. Best wishes & luck! keep posted
I am an Oct 2013 applicant under the ON PNP category and have a spouse included in my application. My ECAS status changed to DM on June 01, 2014 and did not receive any PPR. The ECAS changed back to In Process in the begining of July but the status still shows Decision is made etc....when I click In Process on ECAS. I also received the same email from CIC requesting the documents. All my other friends who applied in the same category as me got their PR last month and had the same timeline till PPR. They are all single.

I am not sure what is going on with CIC. Will keep you guys posted.

moonbow2010

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
07-05-2014
Med's Request
07-05-2014
Med's Done....
24-06-2014
DMALIK said:
I am an Oct 2013 applicant under the ON PNP category and have a spouse included in my application. My ECAS status changed to DM on June 01, 2014 and did not receive any PPR. The ECAS changed back to In Process in the begining of July but the status still shows Decision is made etc....when I click In Process on ECAS. I also received the same email from CIC requesting the documents. All my other friends who applied in the same category as me got their PR last month and had the same timeline till PPR. They are all single.

Do u have a job? Probably because u have dependant.

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DMALIK said:

bro, so what did u do to support ur case?

DMALIK

Jun 27, 2014
shimnui1 said:
bro, so what did u do to support ur case?
I actually sent all the documents requested. I only started working since Sept 2012 and so I dont have 2 years of work experience. However, I sent them an employment letter from the HR dept. showing the starting date, full time position and annual salary.

taurus1985

Mar 10, 2014
moonbow2010 said:
Do u have a job? Probably because u have dependant.
It doesn't matter u r single or u have dependent because i know at least 3-4 people all are single and everyone have received same email

LibraNova

Jul 11, 2014
traxton said:
Just submit what you have and be upfront about your current status. I really doubt CIC will be so uptight about such issues when you already got PPR.

Yup contacted the doctors and confirmed the medicals were already sent. No updates on my ECAS, no reply to my email to CIC (sent two weeks ago).
I am not sure if it is for everyone. But my meds status took almost 45 days to show. But do keep a proper documents in your record that shows the meds were done within the prescribed 60 days period.