+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ON PNP-reference letter needed for verification-after PPR?

max_ka

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
xzlstc415 said:
around June 10th 2014, i dont know the exact date. I am single applicant without spouses btw

1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 16, 2013.

2. We started processing your application on February 24, 2014.

3. Medical results have been received.

4. A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

I have the same issue as you and go the same email asking for the same docs but my ecas still says in process. I send an email to cic they said provide us with whatever documents you can from the list and if you cannot provide us an explaination.\Fingers crossed.

on top i heard if you do not get the passport request presumably within a month after decision made, it could turn out to be negative. Best wishes & luck! keep posted

gambler_2006

Jul 14, 2012
U also decision made?

max_ka said:
I have the same issue as you and go the same email asking for the same docs but my ecas still says in process. I send an email to cic they said provide us with whatever documents you can from the list and if you cannot provide us an explaination.\Fingers crossed.

on top i heard if you do not get the passport request presumably within a month after decision made, it could turn out to be negative. Best wishes & luck! keep posted

moonbow2010

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
07-05-2014
Med's Request
07-05-2014
Med's Done....
24-06-2014
gambler_2006 said:
Even if you applied under masters you would be having a noc code on your certificate
He mentioned that he is studying aerospace engineering.

max_ka

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
gambler_2006 said:
Even if you applied under masters you would be having a noc code on your certificate
NOC:2146 Does it matter?? Because i graduated 2 years ago with a masters in aerospace and could not get a job in the field till now and have been working in retail as an assistant manager. I think my case is weak.

moonbow2010

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
07-05-2014
Med's Request
07-05-2014
Med's Done....
24-06-2014
max_ka said:
NOC:2146 Does it matter?? Because i graduated 2 years ago with a masters in aerospace and could not get a job in the field till now and have been working in retail as an assistant manager. I think my case is weak.
Your case is not weak. As least u got a paid job, u will be fine I guess.

A.G.Pennypacker

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
The PNP has been really badly abused by provinces and applicants. I suspect CIC has finally cottoned-on. This is probably why applicants are facing more scrutiny right now. You can thank the dishonest nominees who came before you, and the corrupt and incompetent provincial immigration officers for that.

The P.N system is broken. You guys are lucky you got nominated when you did because I suspect big changes are afoot.

shareview

Jun 6, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
31-03-2017
Nomination.....
Not Required
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
IELTS Request
Not Required
File Transfer...
30-05-2017
Med's Request
26-04-2017
Med's Done....
11-05-2017
Interview........
Waived off as per gcms notes
Passport Req..
04-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-09-2017
LANDED..........
27-09-2017
any solution to this?

A.G.Pennypacker

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
shareview said:
any solution to this?

Yes, higher standards and greater scrutiny (by CIC) of PNP applicants and the offices who nominate them.

I personally know four provincial nominees... three of them are now permanent residents. Only one stayed in the nominating province (the nominee who hasn't received PR yet) and two of these four nominees made obvious misrepresentations but were nominated anyway.

Also, look at the scandals involving the BC, PEI and NS nominee programs.

LibraNova

Jul 11, 2014
A.G.Pennypacker said:
Yes, higher standards and greater scrutiny (by CIC) of PNP applicants and the offices who nominate them.

I personally know four provincial nominees... three of them are now permanent residents. Only one stayed in the nominating province (the nominee who hasn't received PR yet) and two of these four nominees made obvious misrepresentations but were nominated anyway.

Also, look at the scandals involving the BC, PEI and NS nominee programs.
I have seen few cases like that well. However what about candidates who have permanent jobs (related to their education ) in the province. Do you think proof of permanent employment alone will establish link with nominating province and satisfy CIC.

A.G.Pennypacker

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
LibraNova said:
I have seen few cases like that well. However what about candidates who have permanent jobs (related to their education ) in the province. Do you think proof of permanent employment alone will establish link with nominating province and satisfy CIC.
The likelihood a nominee will remain in the nominating province increases substantially if they are gainfully employed. Of course, it's no guarantee either. I'd suggest that the province ask the nominee to put up a sum of money that gets paid back with interest over a certain time frame ($5000 over 5 years for example) so long as the nominee can prove that he\she lived in the province for the entire term. If the nominee moves away then they forfeit the money.

Simple solution but controversial, I know.

shareview

Jun 6, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
31-03-2017
Nomination.....
Not Required
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
IELTS Request
Not Required
File Transfer...
30-05-2017
Med's Request
26-04-2017
Med's Done....
11-05-2017
Interview........
Waived off as per gcms notes
Passport Req..
04-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-09-2017
LANDED..........
27-09-2017
i dont think if they aare doing this ...there is no fun of PNP.....its just making money .